The 2011 Parts/Bikes Thread... !!!

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Might as well get an early start on this so post up your 2011 product finds, I'll kick off with a few small things :cool:

2011 Avid Elixir 3

2011 Avid Elixir R

2011 SRAM X7 10 Speed Derailleur

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Two new Manitou lines for 2011. Circus and Marvel.

Manitou Circus (DJ and Slopestyle)

Circus Expert Spec: Weight: 4.7lbs/2133grams
Travel: 80, 100mm & 130mm
Legs: 32mm Stanchions straight wall 7050 Aluminum
Spring: Firm (extra firm available in Aftermarket) w/Air preload
Damper: ABS+, lockout & rebound adjust
Hub/ Axle: 20mm Hex Lock
Features: Double bottom out bumpers, 4 decal sheets and clown nose

Circus Comp Spec:
Weight: 5.3lbs/2406grams
Travel: 80 & 100mm
Chassis: 32mm Stanchions straight wall 4130 Chrome Moly
Spring: Firm (extra firm available in Aftermarket) w/ mechanical preload
Damper: ABS+ , lockout & rebound adjust
Hub/ Axle: 20mm Hex Lock
Features: Double bottom out bumpers, 4 decal sheets and clown nose

Source

The other fork, Marvel, is a 32mm XC race fork that will be in an MRD and Pro set up. Can't find any more info. on them though.

Other notable announcments for MY11 are:
  • Absolute Plus, replacing the older Absolute damper.
  • MILO, Manitou integrated lock out, developed for the ABS+
  • QR15 Hex-lock
  • Tower, 29er specific platforms
  • Female-specific platforms
  • Dorado MRD & Pro

There will also be a more streamlined tiering system:
  • MRD
  • PRO
  • Expert
  • Comp
  • Sport

Source

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Rockshox "Sektor"

This new sleek trail suspension from RockShox can only be described as a modern fork that transcends all. With a diverse range of options and an amazing price to performance ratio, this trailblazer can hang with its more refined counterpart, RockShox very own Revelation.

Revelation set the bar for all front suspension that performs in the 150mm travel arena. To continue the RockShox promise we had to work hard to uphold performance and low weight in such an affordable fork. The “outside the box” approach in spring and weight development really tells a story about creativity and innovation in product development.

Sektor is about choice and being able to acquire a product that performs for your trail riding needs. We start with the 9mm QR, 15x100 or 20x110 Maxle Lite offerings and then provide you three spring options; Coil, Solo Air and U-Turn. This fork offers affordable and exciting options.

Features
• Travel: 130, 140, 150mm (Solo Air, Coil), 100-140mm or 110-150mm (U-Turn)
• Damping: Motion Control (RL), TurnKey lockout (TK) and external rebound (R)
• Forged, hollow 6061 T-6 aluminum crown
• 32mm 7075 aluminum upper tubes
• Redesigned external rebound adjuster
• 9mm QR, 15mm Maxle Lite, 20mm Maxle Lite
• 1 1/8” Aluminum steerer, 1 1/8” to 1.5” tapered aluminum steerer, 1.5” aluminum steerer."

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Seems to be a trend these days to have the one fork platform with many different configurations, as opposed to having a huge line up.

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My god, are they really including a clown nose with the Circus? Is that acknowledging that there really isn't anything interesting about the fork, so they sell it with a novelty and some stickers?

Go Manitou, the comeback king!

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some nice stuff, i'm hoping to see some more belt drive stuff, also a Roholf (sp) hub on a belt drive system, would be very sick

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
Some nice stuff, i'm hoping to see some more belt drive stuff, also a Roholf (sp) hub on a belt drive system, would be very sick
IMO I don't see the point to belt drive bikes? I mean chains have worked well for a very long time, why try and 'reinvent the wheel' as they say? what possible advantage? weight maybe, durability? It doesn't seem worth it to me, someone here know enough about it?

Barnsy

Likes Dirt
Belt drives are lighter, lower maintenance, and higher efficiency than traditional chains, that's their advantage! Trouble comes from adding a derailleur, which is very difficult. Oh and since its plastic/rubber you don't have to worry about noise or the chain eating away at your frame!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

very much like the MORO bike, but only 1/2 the price.

Seems like the frame manufactures are stepping up and releasing their own bikes now.

Apro and Astro playing ball is going to stuff alot of companies up overseas...catalogue bike companies might get alil weary.

Note: Fork on the astrix is the RST r-one fork.

Last edited:

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The “outside the box” approach in spring and weight development really tells a story about creativity and innovation in product development.
What?

Most impractical bike award goes to this one.

pinkgoat

Likes Dirt
Wow, those top Astro & Apro frames look pretty nice, especially considering they're Tiawan catalog frames. I'm sure there would certainly be a decent market if you could order them with custom geo and sell them for the right price..

And I never thought I'd say this about a Da Bomb product, but that does look good, even if it's just a take-off of a TR450 :p..

EDIT: Although the bottom link is obscured by the crank, that top Astro looks very Mondraker/Early Sunday proto-ish, driven by both links.. pretty cool.

Last edited:

beardi

Likes Dirt
That ugly black box is where they keep the engine......that or the flux capacitor for time travel. Hang on, the engine is so you can get to 88MPH. The flux capacitor does the rest!