The 29er thread.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I just bought one (Reba 29er - thanks for the heads-up, Rushking!) - no concealing here...I rang SWMBO just to be sure I would be let in the door this evening :)

There was a $15 delivery charge - no big deal, as this price is significantly better than CRC & other U.S. online stores (I poked around just to be sure). Niner Air9 frame here I come...

Last edited:

rayza

Likes Dirt
Careful, I think I read that this may not work as well as it should.
Pretty sure I read that there is some "slop" in the fit for some reason.
i've had issues with a brand new hope 20mm hub and RS maxle before. tolerances between the maxle and the bearing ID wasnt great, which resulted in about 2-3mm of sideways movement at the rim. i searched everywhere online for a solution with no luck, BUT.. i ended up going to a local bearing supplier, bought the same spec replacement bearings (even though the hub was brand new) just for a trial - cost around $20 from memory. Fitted the new bearings to the hub and the slop was gone..

spanky

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

Just wanted to get some feedback. Just got back from the states with a new 2010 Lynskey ridgeline (29er). And... well... i don't have the cash to get it built up. Would anyone be interested in buying it? or should i just hang on to it untill i can afford to build it up?

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

Just wanted to get some feedback. Just got back from the states with a new 2010 Lynskey ridgeline (29er). And... well... i don't have the cash to get it built up. Would anyone be interested in buying it? or should i just hang on to it untill i can afford to build it up?
What sized frame?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hi All,

PM sent .

abevern

Likes Dirt
Stop it already

</lurker>

Guys,

we've got a 29'er (sub) forum. This thread should be allowed to die. It's bad enough that the collective wisdom of 1600+ posts is locked in this monstrosity of a thread, please don't let any more information go the same way.

Got something that doesn't fit in the current threads? Start a new one! Please. For the love of 29od. :D

<lurker>