The best ski mountain with chairlifts for MTBers

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Me and a mate have been considering going on a road trip to Mt Beauty over the Xmas holidays. I was wondering if Mt. Beauty would be the best option or if there might be a better alternative. Which mountains are gonna be running their chairlifts for the MTBers this Summer?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well mt beauty doesn't have any chairlifts, but it does have a plethora of trails to hit up. Theres quite a few different runs down from the DH nationals, but if you drive up for another 15 or 20 minutes, you can ride single track all the way down, then theres the 4x track on the hill, and bright and beechworth dh trails also a short drive away.

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Ah bummer. I thought there were chairlifts at Mt Beauty. If there aren't then screw that. Thredbo might be a bit far for a road trip from Adelaide, but what are the trails up there like?

edit: That does still sound pretty wicked though, Shmity, but we've kinda got our hearts set on chairlifted gravity funbags.

NVLOC

Squid
I think you should all come to canada and ride Whistler!!! JOOOOOOKES, but it is the best place in the world!

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coollyney said:
thredbo is 1 word u retart, its 2 sylobols (i cant spell)
Hold up, buddy.

If you're going to call someone a retard, atleast try to spell it correctly. I'm sorry, is 'correctly' too big of a word for you?

jamo

Likes Dirt
GREAT !! we sure know hopw to keep on the topic dont we???

(whoever started it go start a "retart" thread) you know who you are....

Rhys

Likes Bikes
Try driving to Whistler. It may not work tho, with that damn ocean in the way! but if you do make it it'll be hella sweet. (bring some snow tyres tho its getting pretty cold there).