The BMX Race thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oooohhhhh Crimson, mate that sucks! Heal up well (and fast) and hoping they gave you some happy pills to cope!!

Jake K

Likes Dirt
still another month till I can ride...
*SNIP*
Geez is everyone in this thread hurting themselves? We must be all just trying to out-do each other! Haha
A bit under 2 months for me until I can race. Although I have been cruising around home on my bike already, just doing some light pedalling!

Crimson

Likes Dirt
I'd be more than happy to let everyone else fight it out, but unfortunately someone has other plans.

Doubt I'm winning considering the extents of some of the injuries lately.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
shit parts? really? for someone just getting back into the sport a speed series gt or redline flight (heck even the prolines are really decent bikes) would tick all the boxes easily....mate just get something with tyres you like, right sized cranks and frame for you and you'll be set.
both the Kuwahara Laserlite Pro cruiser (cost $900) and the Redline Flight Pro (cost $1200) had envy rims with identical generic hubs. both rear hubs stripped out and the spokes were cheap shitty painted ones. the Kuwi also had cheap shitty forks and bars that i got rid of straight away and Funn cranks that stripped their inserts out when i tried to change pedals.

on another note, if anyone in the Adelaide regions sees this carbon Avent 20" for sale, please be advised it is a stolen item...

http://web.stagram.com/p/438610166855301329_208279669

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez is everyone in this thread hurting themselves? We must be all just trying to out-do each other! Haha
A bit under 2 months for me until I can race. Although I have been cruising around home on my bike already, just doing some light pedalling!
yeah its the same locally too... one mate with a dislocated wrist and the other with a torn acl... not sure what is going on

Jake K

Likes Dirt
yeah its the same locally too... one mate with a dislocated wrist and the other with a torn acl... not sure what is going on
I can definitely see the Aussie titles going this way this year. There's definitely going to be some huge crashes! Anyone on here making the trip? I'd love to go and watch but it's still too much traveling for me at this stage which is a bummer!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can definitely see the Aussie titles going this way this year. There's definitely going to be some huge crashes! Anyone on here making the trip? I'd love to go and watch but it's still too much traveling for me at this stage which is a bummer!
I live like 40 minutes drive from sleeman so I'll go down and watch elite on saturday. Also have some mates racing on sunday (in the class I was supposed to be doing) so might go check that out as well

converge11

Likes Dirt
still another month till I can ride...
rawed my cruiser frame today.. got some new parts for it too.

what sort of cruisers that mate? ive been rolling on 24's again quite alot lately. realised im going nowhere until i learn to jump and manual in races, so i figure the cruiser will be a bit easier in that department. its funny a few months ago i hated my cruiser, but now i love it.

good luck to anyone racing nationals!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a GHP. (Going by thr seat stay/seat tube/top tube junction)
yeah GHP.

Went and watched all of the elite racing yesterday, the final was amazing! Crowd went nuts when Freizwick (local rider) won it.
Also saw this crash from one of the junior elite riders... amazing that he managed to walk away from it

[video=youtube;c8HlCZEyT4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8HlCZEyT4g[/video]

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Speaking of Nationals, I can't say that I agree with presenting people that registered for the event but never raced with A plates.

Talking about Junior Elite Women, only 8 entries in the class total, and 6th-8th didn't set foot on the gate yesterday, yet all still got plates. I know the recipient of 8A broke her leg during the pre-titles earlier in the week so she has my sympathies and support for that, but really?

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Speaking of Nationals, I can't say that I agree with presenting people that registered for the event but never raced with A plates.

Talking about Junior Elite Women, only 8 entries in the class total, and 6th-8th didn't set foot on the gate yesterday, yet all still got plates. I know the recipient of 8A broke her leg during the pre-titles earlier in the week so she has my sympathies and support for that, but really?
Yeah I agree with this 100%

converge11

Likes Dirt
im feeling like i wanna cry....our track has had nothing but friggen rain all year. infact we've only had one training night this year i believe and only a handful of race nights. we just had a week of nice weather but since nationals were on we had no training and no racing. i wake up this morning.......rain.....rain....and more rain! :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty: i reckon my riding has gone backwards since late last year lol

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Just to play devil advocate... if their name is on the list, they've paid entry fees. I daresay most people who don't enter after paying are mostly injured.... at least they get SOMETHING. I don't think anyone would pay those crazy fees just for a plate with no effort

Jake K

Likes Dirt

I'm on the fence about that.. But what I don't agree with is them not having a final, or at least just another moto. To try and decide the national champion in just 3 races is a bit ridiculous. Now I know that 8 or less riders constitutes that there be no final, but surely an extra moto should be used in place of that.. It would take all of an extra 10 minutes of racing for the day to have the final motos for the Junior and Elite women, so it's not like time is a real factor.

converge11

Likes Dirt
3 motos is definitely piss poor for an aus title, how boring.

Hey did anyone happen to see if anyone raced with a helmet cam on? I saw photos with people using them but not sure if in practice or racing. Just wanna know how strict they are on this ban