The BMX Race thread.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another shootout round this weekend at redlands... cant wait! Been trying to squeeze more training in also before national champs (4X) as I didnt quite have the power to stick with the top 4 or so guys in the national series.....

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So raced my first proper (as in non club) bmx race. Redlands shootout... and went for pro men as that's what haydiggy said was the go.
Got me 5,7,6,7,8. in the heats. Good fun, and not too bad considering I haven't ridden 20 in like 5 months.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So raced my first proper (as in non club) bmx race. Redlands shootout... and went for pro men as that's what haydiggy said was the go.
Got me 5,7,6,7,8. in the heats. Good fun, and not too bad considering I haven't ridden 20 in like 5 months.
Ye was good fun, although I was really strugling with my gates, only got 2 good ones all night as it took me ages to get back into the swing of riding bmx after so much 4X....

Norco Maniac

Is back!
pre-states was awesome yesterday, the new Formula raced really well, track was extremely well-prepped and the after-race yiros went down in about three bites...:fat:

bring on States and Retro next weekend :tickled_pink:

anth69

Likes Dirt
Road trip from hell starts Friday morn to Adelaide... I start baked beans tomora but I think my buddy has outfoxed me , reckons he been on tuna/ cabbage/ beans since last week ... Three young 'uns in the back should have oxygen depravation by ballarat !

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Road trip from hell starts Friday morn to Adelaide... I start baked beans tomora but I think my buddy has outfoxed me , reckons he been on tuna/ cabbage/ beans since last week ... Three young 'uns in the back should have oxygen depravation by ballarat !
ham and boiled egg sangers on white bread with milk does it for me ;) see ya at the track! :D

Norco Maniac

Is back!
onya, Hayden :D

i forgot to add, the other half has built me yet another bike - this makes three - he must be a keeper :D

this one is a very early 80's Powerlite cruiser for me to ride in this weekend's Retro states, my debut into racing Retro at this level. i'm the only woman on the gate :)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
rode the new Retro cruiser at training last night, very, very happy with it :fat: track is looking awesome and feeling very positive. bring on the weekend, i say!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just got back from racing (awesome fun)

been chasing a new frame for a while but i have been unsure what to get, got talking to a hyper distro / seller that was at the track.. long story short he is getting in their completely new frame in a few months

iron-man-bmx-2011-367.jpg

very sexy (VERY) specs look good etc etc.... so i might hold off and see if i cant get my mits on one of them in either raw or fluro orange...

on another note, decided i am racing states this year then nats next year.... who knows, if i q at nats ill even head over to nz for worlds (just for fun)

RB 24

Likes Dirt
the hypers are a slick frame with great geometry. Maybe not the lightest but stiff out of the gate and sexy to boot.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
had an awesome weekend of racing at Cross Keys, on the gate with former champs in women's 30+ cruiser and with the men in Retro open wheel. raced two "new" bikes, the Formula cruiser and the '82 Powerlite cruiser, both built for me by the other half, specially for this meet. apparently i'm the first woman to race Retro at State level....track was smooth as, the event was well run, and all i've got to say now is....bring on the Nationals :fat: i've got about 8 weeks to get my rear into gear :fat:

pics hopefully later today - Hach, i've been tagged in a few on FB. they make me look better than i was, lol

Anth, was great to meet you and congratulations, you had to work very hard for that State plate, see you at Mt Gambier!

anth69

Likes Dirt
Thanks ! Great to meet you also ... We had an awesome weekend , high praise for cross keys and their track prep / running of the event ... I'm rapt with my results and certainly earnt them ! My sons have a ways to go at that level but I'm proud of them trying ... And we're enjoying the journey ,

Raymo .. Top effort laying rubber down with that big Kenworth truck ! Lol ... You put it at the pointy end of the field and it was the talk of the pits :) after seeing that you won't get any sympathy from me saying you're injured ! Lol... Bring on the nationals :)

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pics hopefully later today - Hach, i've been tagged in a few on FB. they make me look better than i was, lol

Anth, was great to meet you and congratulations, you had to work very hard for that State plate, see you at Mt Gambier!
Pics look awesome darl! P.s fat my butt missy, you train more often than I get to LOOK at my bike!

Keen to get back into this year as I'm looking into moving to the GC....

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pics look awesome darl! P.s fat my butt missy, you train more often than I get to LOOK at my bike!

Keen to get back into this year as I'm looking into moving to the GC....
was the last time you actually rode the last time you came to pr like mid last year?