VIC The Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challenge November 2nd 2014

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Online entries are open

Just a reminder that entries are open via Entry Zone.
As you know, early entries help the organisers a lot with planning for expected numbers to prepare the best possible experience for all riders.

Thanks everyone!

Russity

Likes Bikes
More fresh trail work done over the past few days.....looking really nice for the Challenge.

BEWARE the F.C.G.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
2014 Brackenbury Course

Garmin profile for the loop can be found here.

Its just under 25km with just over 500m of climbing per lap.

One lap or two, for you?

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
7 days til the event and the forecast is all dry

I wish there was some rain coming this week but the best we have is a chance of less than 1mm of showers. The course is bone dry and fast. No puddles anywhere.

Forecast for the day is 11-19 deg. Can't get better than that people.

So if you are holding out there is no further need. 25 or 50km. great course, great coffee, great food, great facility in the centre of town with toilets and showers.

Get on entryzone and support grassroots mtb'ing and great trails.

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Just to remind everyone that entries will still be available on the day for the same price. Rego's will be open from 9.30am so if you need to enter on the day make sure you get there in plenty of time for the 11am start.
Race village is at Hammon Park cricket oval and club rooms on Water Street Creswick.
There will be morning catering by the famous Le Peche Gourmand patisserie and a lunch time BBQ.
There will be two feed stations on the course with water and sports drinks and lollies.
Trophies for the winners and spot prizes for the rest.
14deg maximum temp with a chilly start so race hard to keep warm!

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Not sure Russell thinking about taking the CX bike, how CX-able are the new sections?
Have ridden the cross bike out there a bit but certainly not what I would recommend. but when you are youthful and skinny you can do most anything you want.

Russity

Likes Bikes
Not sure Russell thinking about taking the CX bike, how CX-able are the new sections?
As the good Doctor says Dom....CX bike would be fun on some sections, but nasty on others..real nasty! Overall, I would suggest an mtb, but you're skilled enough to get around on a CX bike, it just wont Be as much fun. Also, more potential for pinch flats on the skinny tyres I reckon. But you've ridden through the Koala park section before and that's as rough as the course gets, so have a think... Just want everyone to enjoy their ride.

dg25

Likes Bikes
CX bike it is then! I got third on it at the dirt crits and it should be heaps quicker going up the hill than my piece of shit mtb

Russity

Likes Bikes
CX bike it is then! I got third on it at the dirt crits and it should be heaps quicker going up the hill than my piece of shit mtb
Dom...the dirt crits course is as smooth as a butterfly with sore feet landing on cotton wool compared to the Brackenbury. We are definately NOT IMBA standard (thank F*#k). But the CX bike will be fun. I might do the sighting lap early tomorrow morning on mine....then again....?