The Brig

iconic

Likes Dirt
I wonder if they are grey imports? Or are they buying through official Australian distributors and having minimal margins but relying on the $99 annual memberships?

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
Whoa, some pretty good prices on there, especially for cassettes and brakes.

Hope they turn up.
Yeah, as long as the parts turn up. Perhaps I should have just bought a chain first ;)

You should be fine. I have seen on other platforms that it is the guys behind Raild Wheels. https://raild.co/
Seems Eugene Holdenson is the man behind The Brig. Give him a call.
The Brig seems to have plenty of happy customers that pop up on Facebook when people ask questions about them.
Thanks for the reassurance. I guess we shall see.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I wonder if they are grey imports? Or are they buying through official Australian distributors and having minimal margins but relying on the $99 annual memberships?

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk
Definitely grey imports, but they've never been shy of telling their customers that. I've had a few mates buy things from them, and the promise of support is always there.

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
He just responded by email. Perhaps he lurks in these waters?

I will post back in the thread if/when everything arrives.

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
The wait continues. They have offered to send the cassettes (which is promising at least) but are still unable to supply the brakes I paid for over three weeks ago.

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
I’m still hopeful but I think selling parts before they have them in hand is a weird business practice that is destined to frustrate customers.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The wait continues. They have offered to send the cassettes (which is promising at least) but are still unable to supply the brakes I paid for over three weeks ago.
My guess is that with the new website, "stock levels" weren't actually a thing considered, so the brakes were probably oversold a few times before they realised, now they're chasing to get the stock for you. Especially at the price, they would have sold fairly quickly.