The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got another big day, so better fuel up. Fucking over night fibre blast hasn't activated enough so that can wait til tomorrow...

200g strip loin
3 eggs
Confit leek.

Ready to rumble.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What veggies did you prepare?
I am balls deep with keeping the kitchen simple and throwing out less uneaten veggies at the moment, so I have a bag of frozen stir fry veggies from aldi in the freezer. I just run them in the microwave and toss in the pan juices with garlic and herbs to finish them off. I also have a pile of tinned tomatoes on hand for changing up the flavour or my umami bomb sauce for East Asian style.

I rarely cook for myself and am really undisciplined at eating the same meal more than once. I'll usually eat out 2 or 3 meals per day or get fed at work. So when I buy groceries I usually end up wasting a lot of food. I do enjoy cooking though.

I have been back on 10 hours days for the last couple of weeks and with less people eating out a lot of the places I usually grab dinner from when I need it aren't open late enough and the only quick option is a shitty burger place. So I recently picked up some good steak deals at Harris farm and my freezer is stuffed! The freezer is normally the place food goes to die a slow death in my house. So will see how this experiment plays out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was just clearing out some old photos and came across this from a few days ago...

Screenshot_2023-10-28-10-04-31-03_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4~2.jpg

I think it is new stove time. I was making a honey + soy sauce reduction and had a huge boil over! Shit was like tar. I was in a hurry to make lunch and dinner and ret to work so had to finish the rest of my cooking (steak and veggies, you can see a few of the veggies in there...) Which included this burner. When I finished I hammered it with spray and wipe, took this photo and fucked off to work. I got home and it was set rock hard and going nowhere. I've hit it with spray and wipe a few times and cooked over it again. I'm thinking it either burns away or new stove.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Make a pool of hot water (and a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid) and work the edges with the scraper bit of a plastic dish brush @pink poodle. Will probably take several attempts but will get the job done (eventually...).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Was just clearing out some old photos and came across this from a few days ago...

View attachment 403873

I think it is new stove time. I was making a honey + soy sauce reduction and had a huge boil over! Shit was like tar. I was in a hurry to make lunch and dinner and ret to work so had to finish the rest of my cooking (steak and veggies, you can see a few of the veggies in there...) Which included this burner. When I finished I hammered it with spray and wipe, took this photo and fucked off to work. I got home and it was set rock hard and going nowhere. I've hit it with spray and wipe a few times and cooked over it again. I'm thinking it either burns away or new stove.
New bike time.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New bike time.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
More likely than a new stove. Thinking of ripping the whole thing out. It is my only gas appliance. Then just having a plug on pan and either a plug on oven or heaven forbid...and airfryer. Though I can't get into the air game.

Make a pool of hot water (and a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid) and work the edges with the scraper bit of a plastic dish brush @pink poodle. Will probably take several attempts but will get the job done (eventually...).

That sounds like a patient solution. How about a paint scraper?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That sounds like a patient solution. How about a paint scraper?
If it's an enamel finish, I wouldn't recommend it - you'll (likely) scratch the surface then any future unexpected carbon adventures will get stuck in there and you'll have brown scratches in you stove forevermore... If it's stainless steel it'll probably work be also leave some hectic (in a bad way) scratches.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If it's an enamel finish, I wouldn't recommend it - you'll (likely) scratch the surface then any future unexpected carbon adventures will get stuck in there and you'll have brown scratches in you stove forevermore... If it's stainless steel it'll probably work be also leave some hectic (in a bad way) scratches.

Oh it's all stainless my arse! Look at that stain.

slowmick

38-39"
Down to Bunnings for a $1.35 plastic joint knife from the plastering section.
Scraped and chip to your hearts content. When it get clogged, rounded off - take it out the front and clean it up, grind an edge on it with the concrete footpath.