The discount code thread

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well, it seems I'm staying on the derailleur side for a bit longer then. Thanks @kten - was contemplating ordering one direct from RAAW soon, but that's too good a deal to pass up.
I can 100% recommend getting a Rockshox Super Deluxe coil shock (not the new model) to suit and sending it to Nigel in Maydena for a tune to suit this frame. Seriously good investment. This is what opened my eyes to how good rear suspension should feel.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I can 100% recommend getting a Rockshox Super Deluxe coil shock (not the new model) to suit and sending it to Nigel in Maydena for a tune to suit this frame. Seriously good investment. This is what opened my eyes to how good rear suspension should feel.
I already have one of the new model, it'll be close enough for me (for a while at least... :p). The Madonna's very similar in kinematics to my old Sentinel with the Cascade link, and the old SuperDeluxe coil was superb on that.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Wow, total bargain, only $1000 Kiwis for free shipping!
From my short time owning kahas, in comparison with the two sets of direttessima and set of cascade code calipers I have on other bikes, he's not overcharging. The lever blade could be a bit wider, the shape is good, and I have no discomfort at all. The shipped bleed could've been better. I used sram bleeding edge syringes to get good bleeds easier than codes, and much easier than the cascades. Stock pads are great, and I've got some trickstuff and other brands I've yet to compare with in this brake, as it uses the commonly available large hope pad.

Trickstuff Maximas are in stock at some places, but I'm not curious enough to spend 1200 euro on those now. I put up with the niggles of recent shimano stuff until an XT front brake failed completely on a descent, and nothing I've read lately will tempt me back onto one of those.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
From my short time owning kahas, in comparison with the two sets of direttessima and set of cascade code calipers I have on other bikes, he's not overcharging. The lever blade could be a bit wider, the shape is good, and I have no discomfort at all. The shipped bleed could've been better. I used sram bleeding edge syringes to get good bleeds easier than codes, and much easier than the cascades. Stock pads are great, and I've got some trickstuff and other brands I've yet to compare with in this brake, as it uses the commonly available large hope pad.

Trickstuff Maximas are in stock at some places, but I'm not curious enough to spend 1200 euro on those now. I put up with the niggles of recent shimano stuff until an XT front brake failed completely on a descent, and nothing I've read lately will tempt me back onto one of those.
Your not helping. :p New reach adjust to be added soon and he will have discs as well. Now to find some spare cash…..

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well, it seems I'm staying on the derailleur side for a bit longer then. Thanks @kten - was contemplating ordering one direct from RAAW soon, but that's too good a deal to pass up.
If you haven’t already got some get on line and invest in some 165 cranks. The bb as you’ll know from your nerding is gloriously but ridiculously low. If you’re on the ball and keeping on top of crank placement you’ll be fine. Get lazy or tired however and the bike will bite you. Hard.
I’m liking the short cranks. Different feel for sure.
Best bike I’ve owned or ridden. Did you go black?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If you haven’t already got some get on line and invest in some 165 cranks. The bb as you’ll know from your nerding is gloriously but ridiculously low. If you’re on the ball and keeping on top of crank placement you’ll be fine. Get lazy or tired however and the bike will bite you. Hard.
I’m liking the short cranks. Different feel for sure.
Best bike I’ve owned or ridden. Did you go black?
I'm normally pretty wary of crank position, so I'm thinking the 170mms I have will be alright. And I mean, let's be realistic here - frequent pedalling isn't really my thing, I'm hoping gravity will be doing most of the work for me! :p To be honest, having ridden the big Carbonda quite undersprung and sitting way low for a few runs and not dying this "should" be fine. (Look out for the 'WTB' for 165mm cranks in about a month, lol).

And nah, I ordered the raw RAAW - too purdy to ignore.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Damn, e-Matrix are out of stock for Shimano :mad:

Might have to get the regular race matrix.
Not sure what compound(s) the e-Matrix are but the race matrix have done the job for me in the past. Take it these are for chain chewer err boomer scooter Um electric bin chicken. :p