The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

moorey

call me Mia
Are you saying Australia might end up voting in Shorten? He’s the person LESS wanted for the job than Turnbull, going by one on one polls.
I was just saying this this morning. Bill is possibly the only person who could lose the next election to whatever shit stain runs for the Libs. Bishop is my pick to contest.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I was just saying this this morning. Bill is possibly the only person who could lose the next election to whatever shit stain runs for the Libs. Bishop is my pick to contest.
A Bishop vs Plibeseck election may yet be a thing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But @scblack you haven't answered my last question, could you please inform of some good points about Dutton? They aren't something the internet offers up.

@rangersac has provided a fair summary of Shorten's positives.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A Bishop vs Plibeseck election may yet be a thing.
Bishop’s previous career in corporate lawyer for CSR is not going to go down well with the public.. She was the lead lawyer that made it as hard as possible for asbestos victims to make claims against CSR.. It’s in the past, but it’s still a shit stain that will be hard to wash out..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am of the same view as Johnny's colleagues and any of us who dealt with him in past lives, Shorten is not PM material. Dutton is the whacky right version of Shorten and not a leader either. I think Albo would make a good PM but then I thought that of Turnbull before he was emasculated by the weirdoes that run the party and the supporters of Abbott and Dutton.

Bishop wont stand as leader because she doesnt want it and I guess the boys will get behind anyone who isnt a woman in the LNP as they have shown before.

We are all fucked.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I spent a few hours with Bill back in his union days, agree with the above except I found him to be pretty slimey in a salesman way..

moorey

call me Mia
Bishop’s previous career in corporate lawyer for CSR is not going to go down well with the public.. She was the lead lawyer that made it as hard as possible for asbestos victims to make claims against CSR.. It’s in the past, but it’s still a shit stain that will be hard to wash out..
Dutton boycotted the apology to the stolen generation, was voted the worst health minister in 35 years, voted 22 times to block the royal commission into banks, was caught laughing at island nations who would be underwater due to climate change....and still almost toppled Turdball.
Australians have very short memories.

moorey

call me Mia
I am of the same view as Johnny's colleagues and any of us who dealt with him in past lives, Shorten is not PM material. Dutton is the whacky right version of Shorten and not a leader either. I think Albo would make a good PM but then I thought that of Turnbull before he was emasculated by the weirdoes that run the party and the supporters of Abbott and Dutton.

Bishop wont stand as leader because she doesnt want it and I guess the boys will get behind anyone who isnt a woman in the LNP as they have shown before.

We are all fucked.
Same re Mal. I though if we had to have a Liberal leader, he was as good as it could get. How wrong I was.
I think Bishop does want the job, but wants it handed to her on a platter. That platter may be on its way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Same re Mal. I though if we had to have a Liberal leader, he was as good as it could get. How wrong I was.
I think Bishop does want the job, but wants it handed to her on a platter. That platter may be on its way.
Their party would best be served by a clean and unanimous change of leader, rather than the more recent run of knives. Her patience may pay off.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Dutton boycotted the apology to the stolen generation, was voted the worst health minister in 35 years, voted 22 times to block the royal commission into banks, was caught laughing at island nations who would be underwater due to climate change....and still almost toppled Turdball.
None of that stuff would prevent the average Strayan supporting him if it meant "jobsngroff".

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Australian’s that like him have short memories.. or actually don’t care and actually applaud that behaviour..

Turnbull got more votes than when he booted Abbott.. I think the media BS about him only winning by a small margin is misleading, he has actually extended his lead and would have been more if Sinodinos voted (he was sick).

scblack

Leucocholic
This is going to be the ONLY story on ABC for the next few days.

(Except for more errors from Chief Economics correspondent Emma Alberici).

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Dutton is a grub. With the way he treats minorities, I'd be worried about what policies we'd see if he was put in as leader.

Interesting that all this leadership spill stuff comes to a head every time there's movement on the climate change/energy issue.