The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

scblack

Leucocholic
Emma was exonerated after numerous costly investigations (and the fact unlike Fox et.al her facts were correct) also hey had African gangs to falsely dog whistle about
Then why was the article deleted, and why did the ABC CEO apologise in full about it.

I smell an Alberici fanboy.....
How are her tweets on the Banking royal commission coming along?
Not exactly covering herself in glory would you say...

Emma Alberici and the perils of tweeting the royal commission
by Myriam Robin
There's no denying Rick Allert didn't cover himself in glory at Kenneth Hayne's royal commission last Thursday.

But we reckon the AMP Super chairman has the right to feel a little annoyed at some of the coverage by the ABC. On Twitter, the ABC's chief economics correspondent Emma Alberici described "another incredible exchange", where "the AMP Super Trustee admit[ed] that customers opting to invest their retirement savings with AMP's Cash Management Super Product were foolish cos they would have been better off putting it in a term deposit at a bank".

Which struck many viewing the royal commission as a little odd. Let's go to the transcript, where counsel assisting Michael Hodge, QC, asked "Your point is why are they foolish enough to invest their superannuation with AMP?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying at all," Allert responded.

On Twitter, the ABC's chief economics correspondent Emma Alberici described it as "another incredible exchange". But did she hear it right? AAP
"But isn't that your point?" persisted Hodge. "I'm saying you would have to ask the client what's in their mind when they put money into a cash account .... [t]hey left the cash there knowing the return they're getting."

the wording was that Allert "suggested" members were foolish for investing in such products. Which, while arguably overdone, at least doesn't state that Allert "admitted" any such thing when he had in fact specifically rejected the notion.

Alberici's tweet, with the earlier wording, was shared some 558 times by Sunday, and liked another 757 times. We'll put it down to the perils of tweeting on the go.

Courtesy of Financial Review.

scblack

Leucocholic
Next you will be telling us trickle down economics works and to give the big banks a tax cut because it will be good for the workers ;)
Ah, I see you lapped up the labor story about the tax cuts being for the banks.

The tax cuts will go to ALL companies. Try thinking for yourself next time.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Ah, I see you lapped up the labor story about the tax cuts being for the banks.

The tax cuts will go to ALL companies. Try thinking for yourself next time.
The small to medium business tax cuts have gone through and those type of tax cuts do stimulate economic growth BUT the big business tax cuts go to all corperations including publicly listed banks and those have been shown not to stimulate economic growth. How about you start looking at economic history all of this has been done before and America is a good example of what happens with trickle down economics

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You pink lefty hippy. The people need rich leaders and a class gap so they have something to aspire to. It is called motivation.
Fuck off, get a haircut and a real job. Is that groovy enough for you?

That's called fuedalism and it's bullshit too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The small to medium business tax cuts have gone through and those type of tax cuts do stimulate economic growth BUT the big business tax cuts go to all corperations including publicly listed banks and those have been shown not to stimulate economic growth. How about you start looking at economic history all of this has been done before and America is a good example of what happens with trickle down economics
I'm not an economist so I'm not trying to actually make this argument, but isn't it more about being internationally competitive for international business investment given that we are one of the highest taxing countries in the developed world?