The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Monopoly was originally created by a woman protesting capitalism and the cost of housing (in NY, I think).

It's a pretty wild history and worth a read:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Gotta say man whilst I don't disagree with a lot of your positions, when you start quoting some one who wasn't smart enough to tell that he was getting played, who is plagiarizing Joseph Goebbels, I can't help at least questioning your awareness on these matters.

PS - please don't turn this thread into a list of links without any discussion or thoughts behind them, particularly when they don't actually relate to Australian domestic politics.
The Snowden post actually does relate to Australian domestic politics, as the concept is universal, And we have seen examples of it in recent times.
Kindly don't frame it as a baby and bathwater situation. The principle idea is sound, and was unfortunately used in more recent times to great effect by potatohead to kill off the voice to parliament. "I'm going to need more detail" etc, and also by the LNP, when they won the election in 2019 that should have been a cakewalk for Labor, by repeating a bunch of mantras that were essentially lies or misconstruing facts or taking statements way out of context.
eg
'Shorten wants to end the weekend' ( Morrison attacks Labor's electric vehicle policy)
"The Bill You Can't Afford"

Labor's proposed Changes to franking credit policy were a "Death Tax" or a "Retirement Tax"
and "Labor will tax you to death"

Last edited:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
And on it goes. The world keeps getting uglier and it isn’t slowing down. Argentina and now Holland this week join the fray.

This is what happens when you become ambivalent in the face of hate and anger. One group is motivated to vote and be heard, the other just think it'll be ok.. until these chunts get elected and the hate and anger gets normalised.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This is what happens when you become ambivalent in the face of hate and anger. One group is motivated to vote and be heard, the other just think it'll be ok.. until these chunts get elected and the hate and anger gets normalised.
Yep.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
And on it goes. The world keeps getting uglier and it isn’t slowing down. Argentina and now Holland this week join the fray.

its just a standard correction. over the past probably ten years the world has been left to borderline far left and what usually happens is it swings around every so often towards right/ far right-ish.

Not sure why you're pretending to be surprised as it's a pretty well known voting pattern.,