The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Graunched

Likes Dirt
What we really need is the governments on state and federal level to work together. Over the last 'X' amount of years the federal government has been in liberal control whilst the majority of state governments have been in labor control.

This in turn set up a blame game "why didnt you fix the hospitals", "no why didnt you fix the hospitals" etc etc

Hopefully with a labor landslide election in the federal parliament and retaining the majority of the state governments we may finally see some things done in this country.

Sure the liberals have gotten Australia out of debt and now have a massive surplus......but how have they done it?

BY NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY IN AREAS THAT ARE DRASTICALLY UNDERFUNDED AND ARE FALLING BY THE WAYSIDE. e.g public health. education etc etc

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
what will the effects of a labour landslide be?

i will vote libs because the local labour and all others are brainless dicks basically.

i am not sure who i want in power.

would a tight split mean that any actions over the next 2-3 years going to be sluggish and result in getting blocked and comprimised to the point where they are pointless anyway and missed the opportunity?

lots of questions. i guess only time will tell. at least its going to be interesting.
Jesus, Bazza!!??#$&^*

You've dead set shocked the shit out of me. How could some one as normal as you vote for one of the most racist and lying parties we've ever seen??!!

Plus, as has been said, the state parties have got NOTHING to do with how the federal parties run/act...., unless of course they're out handing out bogus leaflets of course....

Seriously dude, your state party has nothing to do with Rudd's party. If Rudd gets in, I can guarantee you that you'll see your state Gov't fight with the federal Labor Party.

I promise you mate, you are voting completely under false pretences. I don't care who you vote for, but it does matter if you are voting for misunderstood reasons!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Da ya reckon Labour new about the pmphlets weeks ago but kept it up their sleeves until now?

scblack

Leucocholic
Jesus, Bazza!!??#$&^*

You've dead set shocked the shit out of me. How could some one as normal as you vote for one of the most racist and lying parties we've ever seen??!!

Plus, as has been said, the state parties have got NOTHING to do with how the federal parties run/act...., unless of course they're out handing out bogus leaflets of course....

Seriously dude, your state party has nothing to do with Rudd's party. If Rudd gets in, I can guarantee you that you'll see your state Gov't fight with the federal Labor Party.

I promise you mate, you are voting completely under false pretences. I don't care who you vote for, but it does matter if you are voting for misunderstood reasons!
Where does he say he is talking about STATE labor?:confused:

I'd say he is talking about the Federal brainless dicks in his region.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Where does he say he is talking about STATE labor?:confused:

I'd say he is talking about the Federal brainless dicks in his region.
Yeah, true, true.

I guess I just took it as state Labor.

Ok then, Bazza, Liberal are just as big a dickheads as Labor. Vote independent!

red death

Likes Bikes
Da ya reckon Labour new about the pmphlets weeks ago but kept it up their sleeves until now?
The pamphlets were letterboxed on Tuesday night this week. I'm told a liberal party member alerted the local ALP to the distribution - that sounds suss to me, wouldn't a (decent) local liberal have told their candidate & gotten it stopped pronto? The ALP brought it to the local libs attention straight away (as no doubt did the dummies who got caught doing the said letterboxing).

And now it's being reported that not only was the (soon to be) former member Jackie Kelly's husband doing the letterboxing, but the husband of the Liberal candidate was also letterboxing. :eek:

These people really must have no brains. Is this the type of people who get involved with NSW Libs now? Hope not or Iemma'll be there forever!

Drop_Bear

Likes Bikes
NineMSN wrote :
Howard on the Kelly leaflet backlash : "I've heard a lot over the years about the equality of women ... but I would have thought the Liberal candidate in Lindsay, who is a woman, is entitled to her independent respect and her independent decision-making process."

Way to go Johnny-boy. Equality of women hey ? Tell us what else you've heard about ? Heard of the internets or the UN refugee charter .. or glory holes ?

Truely a man of the times.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Due to my shock and outrage over the voting choices of Bazza..., who I used to think was a fully squared away dude, but now just seems like another child lost in the wilderness*...., I forgot to mention that I had just cast my ballot.

Christ that was a good feeling. I'm still voting in Bennelong and got to put Howard last! I won't tell you who I voted for, Maxine McCew, but I can tell you that it was Maxine McCew.

I will be going to the PAddy I rish Pub Malone/O'Rouke/O'sheas across teh road from the embassy from Saturday afternoon onwards to cheer the results and laugh at the tearful Liberal LLLAAAAAAA' HOOOOO; ZZAAAA' HHEEEEEERRRZZZ!

*:p

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Ahh, Johhny... We all know there will be a big swing, but will the swing be big enough, and will it be in the right places?

projectsplat

The film guy
The pamphlets were letterboxed on Tuesday night this week. I'm told a liberal party member alerted the local ALP to the distribution - that sounds suss to me, wouldn't a (decent) local liberal have told their candidate & gotten it stopped pronto? The ALP brought it to the local libs attention straight away (as no doubt did the dummies who got caught doing the said letterboxing).

And now it's being reported that not only was the (soon to be) former member Jackie Kelly's husband doing the letterboxing, but the husband of the Liberal candidate was also letterboxing. :eek:

These people really must have no brains. Is this the type of people who get involved with NSW Libs now? Hope not or Iemma'll be there forever!
well, if anyone would care to share their disgust with the liberal party, and the honorable MP Ms Jackie Kelly, you can do so via her website....

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/memfeedback.asp?id=GK6

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ahh, Johhny... We all know there will be a big swing, but will the swing be big enough, and will it be in the right places?
Well, some say that it's not the size of the swing, but whether it swings in all the right places. But I tend to think that a big swing, in all the right places is probably the best option! :cool:

Ok, I'll grow up now.

I agree, it's not said and done by any means. But, the Libs are on the ropes and their corner really are pulling out at all stops at trying to fark up any chances they might have of a come back. I'll never count the Libs out, they are great at politics. But, I am VERY-quietly confident.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/22/2098197.htm

Pork barrelling is inevitable in an election to some extent; I accept that (although the Libs have done a farkin lot of it, but I digress). But this is not only pork barrelling on a grand scale but a prime example of what the future holds for a Coalition style, locally run hospital system. Those that live in marginal seats will at least get a chance of proper and decent health care, and those that aren't, won't.

The coalitions health policy is not only unworkable, as those in Tasmania are finding right now, but undemocratic and will lead to an inequality of health care across Australia.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
well, if anyone would care to share their disgust with the liberal party, and the honorable MP Ms Jackie Kelly, you can do so via her website....

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/memfeedback.asp?id=GK6
I sent:

Nice one.

Way to drag your party and the whole electoral process even further into the mud.

Do you ever wonder why the average Joe, like me, can't stand and never trusts a politician?

You deserve all the negative stereotypes you are given.

Goodbye, please don't come back.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
NineMSN wrote :
Howard on the Kelly leaflet backlash : "I've heard a lot over the years about the equality of women ... but I would have thought the Liberal candidate in Lindsay, who is a woman, is entitled to her independent respect and her independent decision-making process."

Way to go Johnny-boy. Equality of women hey ? Tell us what else you've heard about ? Heard of the internets or the UN refugee charter .. or glory holes ?

Truely a man of the times.
he will go down in history as the longest serving PM who new nothing about anything because his staff never passed the information on...

But he wont be aware of any of that

nizai

Likes Dirt
As to the swing factor. Bear in mind Howard won the last election with 52.7% of the vote, he won the previous one with 50.9% and the 98 one with a stunning 49% (obtaining the swings where it counted).

The polls are currently running well above all those precedents. I would suspect a 52-53% TPP result on the day to eventuate. I can't see the ALP going from 48% to 55% in one election cycle.

Im not so sure the Ruddslide is on. They should win from here, but a slide? Surely not.

N