The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Minlak

custom titis
And Anna is out.
Genuinely confused -
So the premier is like the leader of the party - so how much power do they really have or are they really pushing a party line?
So many people up here are so excited she is gone but they can’t name a single person they think is a better replacement - they just seem to hate whomever is in power.
Nothing ever seems to change for me whomever is in “power”

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There are power brokers who don't want or cannot get the position of power but still dictate what goes on. Bill Ludwig comes to mind. A mate is ecstatic Anna has resigned. To what end? Start of the decline of Labor here and nationally. He says Albo is on the nose and she was struggling because of that. Huh? I was no great fan since I missed out on a rather nice role when Anna declared an unqualified friend of hers should have it. Meh, that's politics and while I was annoyed at the time Anna has done some decent stuff, at least they sort of believe in climate change etc. I suggested that the best of Campbell was worse than the worst of Anna he was furious. So what good did Campbell do? No answer because. Anyway politics is a shit career. You can never do what is best without having half the voters want you to visit a competent taxidermist.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Cricket? thats the small red ball one with the sticks right?
Yeah, but sometimes playing for a week at standard hours isn't long enough, so they use a white ball when they go into overtime.....

But I think we're crossing ino LTIH territory here. Cricket's strongest attribute is its ability to cure insomnia......

Last edited:

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Why are you surprised?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Maybe i thought he'd work his way up the tree of dodgy clients more slowly?

A few drug syndicate bikies, some corrupt land developers, couple of shady priests, then perhaps old political colleagues, maybe even a Tate or a Trump...

Nope, straight to the biggest FU to Aus he could find :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe i thought he'd work his way up the tree of dodgy clients more slowly?

A few drug syndicate bikies, some corrupt land developers, couple of shady priests, then perhaps old political colleagues, maybe even a Tate or a Trump...

Nope, straight to the biggest FU to Aus he could find :p

A lerhmann perhaps?

A long time ago I met a young lawyer who had made a new for herself working as a constitutional consultant in Fiji to the military you that took over. I asked how she justified working for a dictator and she was very defensive. Apparently they had no choice, they were morally bound to help anyone that requested their legal skills...and the money. We did not get along.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
I had an accountant friend who chose to work in the Cayman islands.

I assume they are now either behind bars, or can afford much better friends...

Minlak

custom titis
See this is exactly why there is never any failth in the political system - I know it’s just channel 7 but look at the way it receives the selection of a new premier - whether accurate or not doesn’t matter it just sets the tone from day 1

IMG_6991.png

Scotty T

Walks the walk
See this is exactly why there is never any failth in the political system - I know it’s just channel 7 but look at the way it receives the selection of a new premier - whether accurate or not doesn’t matter it just sets the tone from day 1
Totally. Back room deals in any other business implies criminality.

I have a couple of "freedom" Facebook peeps who were happy they predicted this when Dan Andrews left, based on COVID vaccine and lock down conspiracies. They seem to think that the current state govs will be voted out because they tried medicating and controlling the masses so leaders are jumping ship.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Totally. Back room deals in any other business implies criminality.

I have a couple of "freedom" Facebook peeps who were happy they predicted this when Dan Andrews left, based on COVID vaccine and lock down conspiracies. They seem to think that the current state govs will be voted out because they tried medicating and controlling the masses so leaders are jumping ship.
A lot of people despise Palachook in Qld, she didn't consult with the public on many things and did what she wanted and by the time people found out it was too late to protest. I reckon she's been caught with her fingers in the pot somewhere and the Labor party is getting rid of her before it goes public.

1702386189082.png

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A lot of people despise Palachook in Qld, she didn't consult with the public on many things and did what she wanted and by the time people found out it was too late to protest. I reckon she's been caught with her fingers in the pot somewhere and the Labor party is getting rid of her before it goes public.

View attachment 405246
It will be interesting. Her govt has long been accused of only being interested in the south east. The Olympics are not popular and the changes to the gabba and the costs associated with that and the ekka even less so.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It will be interesting. Her govt has long been accused of only being interested in the south east. The Olympics are not popular and the changes to the gabba and the costs associated with that and the ekka even less so.
The homeless problem, underfunded hospital system, and north Queensland juvenile crime probably didn't help her either.

It's a very strange time of year to quit politics, there's got to be a bit more to this story.

safreek

Genuinely confused -
So the premier is like the leader of the party - so how much power do they really have or are they really pushing a party line?
So many people up here are so excited she is gone but they can’t name a single person they think is a better replacement - they just seem to hate whomever is in power.
Nothing ever seems to change for me whomever is in “power”
I don't think ol giggles can do a worse job than anna. Good luck to him for the next year in power

safreek

The Olympics are not popular and the changes to the gabba and the costs associated with that and the ekka even less so.
Of all the fucken stupid waste of money.
Should help the average QLDer:(.

I'll bet the drive the poor people out of the city area as well.
I wonder what prize job she has lined up.

Yes, I'm still dirty about the idiot lockouts, some sort of inquiry should be held into how quickly Australians can have their freedoms taken away.
And how compliant people were to have it happen to them.

Minlak

custom titis
Of all the fucken stupid waste of money.
Should help the average QLDer:(.

I'll bet the drive the poor people out of the city area as well.
I wonder what prize job she has lined up.

Yes, I'm still dirty about the idiot lockouts, some sort of inquiry should be held into how quickly Australians can have their freedoms taken away.
And how compliant people were to have it happen to them.
Maybe I am missing something with the Olympics - people will have jobs both constructing and working at the olympics average people with average jobs