The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

MARKL

Eats Squid
from what I can see the safer party won, look at all these fuckwits out on the streets burning places and bashing people. About time every one got over it. Democrats most certainly are a pack of violent, sore losing pricks...
I am not a fan of Hilary, to be frank the American's had an awful choice but in no way the safer party one - if you find yourself sitting on the same side of the fence as the KKK time to have a long hard look at yourself. Today's news illustrates the idiocy of your comment:

"Portland police said in a press release that a confrontation occurred between occupants of a grey or silver sedan on the bridge and the protester. The suspect got out of the vehicle and fired multiple times, injuring the victim.
The shot man was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Four people have been detained by police over the shooting."

Hint - it wasn't the protesters doing the shooting:usa:

“It used to be cars were made in Flint and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. Now cars are made in Mexico, and you can’t drink the water in Flint, but we’re going to turn this around,” Trump said.
Trump will be no different to phony Tony, his assistance to the sector will be pay cuts for workers, nothing else

safreek

Today's news illustrates the idiocy of your comment:
probably defending themselves from a lunatic crowd, they have already bashed innocent people on the street.
So, please tell me which side are mainly breaking the law.

Hint - it wasn't the protesters doing the shooting:usa:
your idiotic link just shows that the protesters definatly and willingly disobeyed a police order, grounds for self defense in a lot of states over there. How would you like to be surrounded by hundreds of violent protesters with no escape.

Trump will be no different to phony Tony, his assistance to the sector will be pay cuts for workers, nothing else
more than likely, don't know why you get dirty when someone points out a fact. The Hillary side are no angels, burning flags and all that shit. If donny boy would of lost there may have been violence but we shall never know.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
more than likely, don't know why you get dirty when someone points out a fact. The Hillary side are no angels, burning flags and all that shit. If donny boy would of lost there may have been violence but we shall never know.
Don't recall Clinton inciting gun violence... With likes of the KKK and every redneck in the country, violence in the case of Trump's loss was a given.

Comparatively speaking, a bunch of democrats protesting out of shear fear is mild...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I would've loved to see Trump raise militia and go on a big stinking rampage...States ceding the union and all the chaos that goes with it. We have been robbed of some truly awesome television people!

Haakon

I would've loved to see Trump raise militia and go on a big stinking rampage...States ceding the union and all the chaos that goes with it. We have been robbed of some truly awesome television people!
Not so sure of that - we're about to get another 4 seasons of The Apprentice USA...

placebo

Likes Dirt
I think a few of you must feel pretty silly after all the discussions with your mates, blah blah Hillary cant lose and all that stuff, friends I have feel rather silly with what they had said,BUT, are over it now
Not really. I never discussed the US election with anyone beyond one post on here. Having followed it closely since the RNC and DNC conventions. I had $500 on Clinton based on polling and early voting returns across swing states. There's a larger issue emerging from this election, and it's the failure of polling and analysis to acurately track the american political process. It led to Clinton putting resoures into Arizona and North Carolina as long shots, while neglecting states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin that her campaign thought they had locked, and Florida which they narrowly lost and turned the election. The last two losing US presidential campaigns both thought they'd won, and Trump's internal polling showed he'd lost. Only one campaign ordered fireworks and planned a party, and it was Clinton's. Basically any spend on polling, analysis, modeling, and it's hundreds of millions of dollars, produces an outcome that doesn't bear any greater relation to voter intentions than counting yard signs in a district, or holloween mask sales. Voter turnout was low because both were viewed badly overall. Trump had 2 million votes less than Romney, and Clinton 7 million less than Obama, and she still had slightly more overall than Trump while losing the EC. Both democrats and republicans had house and senate majorities in portions of the last two democrat and republican presidencies, so it's not a cake walk for trump, given McConnell and Ryan have both come out saying anything he proposes and they don't agree with will be shot down.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I had $500 on Clinton based on polling and early voting returns across swing states. There's a larger issue emerging from this election, and it's the failure of polling and analysis to acurately track the american political process.
Did brexit not teach you anything? This one was more tough though, had it been anyone else but Trump, my money would have gone red. I think this contributed to the polls. Voter turnout in Key bue states was statistically low. So from that I infer that Trump did a good job not losing republican votes, but hillary is the mother of own goals from the democrats. People don;t liek her, what she stands for and I'd go so far as to suggest they felt gutted about bernie.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Did brexit not teach you anything? This one was more tough though, had it been anyone else but Trump, my money would have gone red. I think this contributed to the polls. Voter turnout in Key bue states was statistically low. So from that I infer that Trump did a good job not losing republican votes, but hillary is the mother of own goals from the democrats. People don;t liek her, what she stands for and I'd go so far as to suggest they felt gutted about bernie.
Yep, recriminations from the Democrats and their supporters are coming in thick and fast and it's probably going to get rather ugly. That Hillary kept forging on in the face of such apparent unpopularity is laudable - but also clearly doesn't work anymore in today's #imagetrumpseverything (sorry) world. Would Bernie have won? Possibly, he tapped into exactly the same grassroots level discontent that Trump did, but offered hope instead of fear.

What irks me is that Hillary should've at least seen part of this coming - she was outfoxed by Obama for preselection in 2007-2008 via exactly the same methods.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Back to the domestic front...

I ran into a border force foot patrol this morning. I guess the illusion of security is still more important than actual security. I personally could not imagine a single reason for an armed 3 person foot patrol in what is mostly a residential and office area. These guys were carrying semi-automatic pistols and something that looks like a prop from (original) ghost busters, walkie-talkie in hand! I did give consideration to a coffee run or early lunch break, but if so why carry the heat? Then I thought maybe they are on a fitness regime?

MOV_1342_000000~2.jpg

I have once seen something that would've been a border security issue (a suspicious man dropped from a suspicious boat on an abandoned wharf) but it was 3am and so long ago I would've needed to find a working pay phone to do anything about it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

I ran into a BORDER FORCE foot patrol this morning. I guess the illusion of security is still more important than actual security. I personally could not imagine a single reason for an armed 3 person foot patrol in what is mostly a residential and office area. These guys were carrying semi-automatic pistols and something that looks like a prop from (original) ghost busters, walkie-talkie in hand! I did give consideration to a coffee run or early lunch break, but if so why carry the heat? Then I thought maybe they are on a PROTECTING OUR FREEDOMS FROM SALACIOUS TERRORISERS

View attachment 333524

I have once seen something that would've been a border security issue (a suspicious man dropped from a suspicious boat on an abandoned wharf) but it was 3am and so long ago I would've needed to find a working pay phone to do anything about it.
Fixed it for you.

Anyway, what are you doing photographing them from behind like a halal-certified coward? If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear. Or maybe you do have something to fear? Have you ever read a passage by Karl Marx? Or been within 50ft of a Mosque? Or watched something on SBS in one of them weird foreign languages? If so then you are clearly a deviant terrorist who is a threat to our way of life and I shall denounce you.

Capone

Likes Dirt

I ran into a border force foot patrol this morning. I guess the illusion of security is still more important than actual security. I personally could not imagine a single reason for an armed 3 person foot patrol in what is mostly a residential and office area. These guys were carrying semi-automatic pistols and something that looks like a prop from (original) ghost busters, walkie-talkie in hand! I did give consideration to a coffee run or early lunch break, but if so why carry the heat? Then I thought maybe they are on a fitness regime?

View attachment 333524

is that docklands?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
is that docklands?
Wickham, Newcastle. Up until about 20-30 years ago it was part of the working harbour. It's been a vacant block for a long long time. It is part of the NSW government's well paced renewal process (split crown land up and sell it off to developers) called Honeysuckle.

Fixed it for you.

Anyway, what are you doing photographing them from behind like a halal-certified coward? If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear. Or maybe you do have something to fear? Have you ever read a passage by Karl Marx? Or been within 50ft of a Mosque? Or watched something on SBS in one of them weird foreign languages? If so then you are clearly a deviant terrorist who is a threat to our way of life and I shall denounce you.
I might be on a list.

moorey

call me Mia
Also, for anyone who is still a bit confused and sad about what happened watch this video by the world's angriest man: https://web.facebook.com/JonathanPieReporter/

I think his message is unbelievably simple - but will the people who need to hear it listen?
The problem is that the 'left' played no part in this election. The Dems aren't left, nor is Clinton. Haven't been for a long time. Everything has shifted right. Left is centre, right is far right. There are maybe 2 'left' dems, (I'd call them progressive), Sanders and Warren. Warren will be president in 2020 if the stupid centre DNC take a look at themselves and let her run. If not, they will get trounced again.
No one Left/progressive backed the Clinton sham nomination.

safreek

Don't recall Clinton inciting gun violence... With likes of the KKK and every redneck in the country, violence in the case of Trump's loss was a given.

Comparatively speaking, a bunch of democrats protesting out of shear fear is mild...
last I have to say about hilldog is her shocking double standards, she had "a friend and mentor" a democrat and former senator. His name was Robert byrd, here is one of his classic statements

That letter stated, “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side… Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

just sayin

Haakon

last I have to say about hilldog is her shocking double standards, she had "a friend and mentor" a democrat and former senator. His name was Robert byrd, here is one of his classic statements

That letter stated, “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side… Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

just sayin
Whats a hilldog...?