The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Upgrade your membership and get the weekly @moorey private photos sent each week - Well worth the investment and not strictly bike related.
I get the free ones on Strava, not too many bruised skin pixels on there though, too many nice bikes now to fall off.

There was a funny one where a member of the riding party was scrubbed out because he didnt like him :)

Minlak

custom titis
I get the free ones on Strava, not too many bruised skin pixels on there though, too many nice bikes now to fall off.

There was a funny one where a member of the riding party was scrubbed out because he didnt like him :)
I wish I could afford the top tier subs as I have heard you then get personalised messages from @moorey as well

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think we need to make an effort to bring all political discussion back to bikes.
Could MTB position it self as a sport to take advantage of Gina‘s sponsorship ? Big oil and mining is not as bad as big pharma right?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pfft, RWNJs don't ride bikes, takes up precious victimhood status time. Plus you can't start a culture war when you're out riding.
Of course you can, you can stand up for e bike riders to be treated equal on strava times against all other bikes, even if they have mod chipped their bike.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sometimes you just have to stay out of these conversations.

Just here for the bikes ;)
Tend to agree. If it isn't enjoyable overall then why bother.

There are plenty of other avenues of misery during our day to days. No point getting into virtual arguments with someone looking for a dust up over things that really don't matter.

nathanm

Eats Squid
so I'm no economonomonist but I did hear the other day that if we taxed mining, or perhaps our exports higher (properly) and limited our exports and increased local imports then inflation would come back within target rates and the economy would get back on track quick an easily.

Apparently with the mining boom many years ago it was political suicide to even talk about such an idea given so much money was being made by mining/FIFO etc. Now the Labour government is too scared to even consider the idea for potential political damage.

I just struggle with the fact that the economy has an easy fix but a couple of dozen people are so scared of losing their jobs millions instead have to lose theirs and 10s of millions have to do it tough and leave hand to mouth as a consequence.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There are some smart people here, the echos aren't as strong as my normal echo chambers where people who are like me discuss things with only slight variations in viewpoint.

Squid says some logical stuff, some of it has broken through the echo chamber, even if just to make me aware of some of the reasoning behind different opinons.

But look at the example where he kept having a go over the "majority of wealthy Australians support a repeal on the tax cuts" because it was less than 50% who did. He knows the electorate doesn't work that way, he knows if there was a vote on it his preference would lose based on that survey (over 50% of all people surveyed supported), but he kept at it, as if donkey votes are counted and only the view of beneficiaries of the cuts matters.

nathanm

Eats Squid
They are too scared and invested to touch a lot of things. Neg geared housing? Yes you can have one and one only, for example.
I broke up with a previous girlfriend for this reason, I mean yeah she was also bat shit crazy but because of negative gearing too.

was a few elections back but I was mighty pissed of Lib's got in, when she asked why I said it was because I wanted negative gearing (among other things) outlawed to make the housing market cheaper and allow first home buyers to get into the market.

She carried on that her dad had worked hard all his life so he deserved to have 5 houses he rented out, 2 of which he rented cheap to his kids for that extra bit of negative gearing, because that's what their family deserved. I mean he also bought these houses cheap, got a free University education etc etc. When I asked why he deserved 5 houses but I can't afford 1, she had no response even after I asked her to leave and go back to the cheaply rented house her daddy gave her.

It's infinitely worse now for people. There's no way our kids will be able to afford a house as we can't afford to buy one for them and without significant wage rises to boot. I envy people who were able and had the foresight to think ahead and buy rentals whilst they were cheap.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The new tax laws minimise the effectiveness of neg gearing in any case. The fact that capital gains have come to end for a while on property investment also makes it counterproductive for many to negative gear as most of them are IO loans, and the increase in rates is putting the IO loans to an end also. The rich stay rich no matter what, they are still going to earn high salaries, and they'll just invest elsewhere, term deposits, stock market, bonds, and overseas investments. The best thing this govt can do is go after big corps that dodge paying taxes.