The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't want journalism to be undermined by the efforts to prosecute Assange, he's already done enough damage as it is.

Bloke is getting all the shit he deserves, anyone who thinks that he's some kind of crusader needs to take an objective look at the guy and see the amount of harm he has done vastly outweighs the bit of good he has done.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I don't want journalism to be undermined by the efforts to prosecute Assange, he's already done enough damage as it is.

Bloke is getting all the shit he deserves, anyone who thinks that he's some kind of crusader needs to take an objective look at the guy and see the amount of harm he has done vastly outweighs the bit of good he has done.
Sure, I'm sure he's done some harm, maybe even a lot of harm, but he also exposed US warcrimes, and 'most people' only remember that, and in the process of wanting to get their hooks into Assange, the USA, and the UK, has made him somewhat of a martyr, and symbol of US Oppression.

Please refresh my memory on the damage Assange has done, and to whom. some links would be handy. Not taking the piss, just not quite sure what to search for.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sure, I'm sure he's done some harm, maybe even a lot of harm, but he also exposed US warcrimes, and 'most people' only remember that, and in the process of wanting to get their hooks into Assange, the USA, and the UK, has made him somewhat of a martyr, and symbol of US Oppression.

Please refresh my memory on the damage Assange has done, and to whom. some links would be handy. Not taking the piss, just not quite sure what to search for.
Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear-eyed view of things.

About to go do other things, but for the time-being:
* he refused to host leaks from Russia on Wikileaks
* he coordinated DNC hack and leak ops with Russia and team Trump
* he participated in the Stratfor hack (he framed them as an unacountable contractor when they are plainly no different to the economist and part of the media landscape he claims to be part of)
* his hack and dump operations haven't redacted names and methods and have resulted in innocent people being physically harmed and disappearing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

You need to tow the party line here @johnny . He is both a hero, icon, freedom fighter and above all else...good comrade.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Pretty sure I have travelled that route. It was a real clusterfuck around Baltimore. Worser now but at least the Republicans are supporting an emergency Bill to rebuild the bridge as a matter of urgency. What's that? Trump said no so they arent? Ah yes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear-eyed view of things.

* his hack and dump operations haven't redacted names and methods and have resulted in innocent people being physically harmed and disappearing.
The courts in Australia pretty much do the same thing, it's why many people refuse to give evidence in courts.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
The whole gym industry is full of scams, crooks, and bodgy dealings. If this goes through, do we also get to claim subsidies for our bike related purchases?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The whole gym industry is full of scams, crooks, and bodgy dealings. If this goes through, do we also get to claim subsidies for our bike related purchases?

How many gym memberships out there that people never use? Probably as many as bikes that hang up in the garage and never get ridden.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
If this gets up ( the Tax deducible bike related expenses bit) it would most likely cause something like the problems in UK with ride to work scheme...
Yes. No doubt it would be a bureaucratic dumpster fire, with just the right loopholes for the grifters to make plenty of bank, while squandering any chance of actually implementing benefits for the masses.