The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I don't know what the answer is.

This has been my biggest contribution to the forum to date, I'm not very good with words so that's it for me, probably crawl back in my quite little corner and keep reading and learning about bikes. Do love this site though.

Thanks guys
It's all good mate.

I think it can be very challenging to assess all the propaganda that we are bombarded with on a daily basis.

I do note that the messages/propaganda that has been fed to the people of Australia for a very long time have been highly divisive, and there has been much demonizing of the poor, refugees, environmentalists, non-hetero folk, protesters and dissenting opinions of any kind esp political and environmental, and on and on.

A community and a society and indeed a nation of people is greater than the sum of its parts.

when political "leaders" or sections of the media have a persistent agenda of dividing people and turning them against each other for personal or political gain, then those politicians and media companies must be closely examined and called out on their actions.

Fuckwits and dodgy people and systemic corruption at every level must be called out.

If I see or hear something in the media, my first question is - who said or wrote that and what media corporation do they represent?

If a politician or MPs of a political party are hammering certain messages, ask why they are doing that, and who benefits from it?

Be aware that proper and transparent reporting of political donations is not happening in Australia. The rules around political donations are way too loose in this country.

Also interesting to note Coal industry connections to Liberal party MPs. A significant number have worked in the coal industry.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
It's all good mate.

I think it can be very challenging to assess all the propaganda that we are bombarded with on a daily basis.

I do note that the messages/propaganda that has been fed to the people of Australia for a very long time have been highly divisive, and there has been much demonizing of the poor, refugees, environmentalists, non-hetero folk, protesters and dissenting opinions of any kind esp political and environmental, and on and on.

A community and a society and indeed a nation of people is greater than the sum of its parts.

when political "leaders" or sections of the media have a persistent agenda of dividing people and turning them against each other for personal or political gain, then those politicians and media companies must be closely examined and called out on their actions.

Fuckwits and dodgy people and systemic corruption at every level must be called out.

If I see or hear something in the media, my first question is - who said or wrote that and what media corporation do they represent?

If a politician or MPs of a political party are hammering certain messages, ask why they are doing that, and who benefits from it?

Be aware that proper and transparent reporting of political donations is not happening in Australia. The rules around political donations are way too loose in this country.

Also interesting to note Coal industry connections to Liberal party MPs. A significant number have worked in the coal industry.

What hope is there, we all loving riding bikes but we can't even agree on wheel size.

Humans hey

ForkinGreat

Because Palmer spent a shitload of cash on marketing.
The election was basically bought and won on lies.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I own a small business and it's hard enough to run. It must be hard trying to run a wnole country, particularly with all these climate change problems. As I say I don't know what the answer is.
To have a hope at addressing CC, we need to follow a plan like this:

Your small business won't be worth shit on a failing planet.

ForkinGreat

The no-show-scomo twitter feed right now.

train fucking wreck
do you mean his official twitter feed? https://twitter.com/scottmorrisonmp
That reads as if HE and HIS team made all the good decisions????? 100% cockwomble attempting to rewrite history.

This article (couple of years old but still highly relevent) seems to be much more the #ScrotuMo we loathe and hate

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The sad reality is that there are very few people capable of solving even small problems. In the face of our current challenges it becomes pretty clear how hopeless the pollies and their advisors/handlers are. The lack of creative thinking is striking in its absence. Its probably because when taken as a group none of them have ever had to fix anything other than party meetings.

They neither have the skills nor the vocabulary of problem solvers. Its a bit like asking an amoeba what it thinks about boost hub spacing.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Too little too late. What’s the point mobilising all the extra resources after everything has burnt. Probably to take advantage of good media ops when the fires burn themselves out; “look how we saved the day” spin etc.

Zero confidence in the way this country has been governed since 2007. For all it’s faults, the Howard government was the last functional government. Since then it’s been a conga line of politicians, each with their head stuck up the arse of the one in front.

ForkinGreat

Is there a way of screen-shotting the comments from fucked-off Australians that follow the SCrOtuMO's advert on his twitter?

I tried using the firefox screenshot function, but it doesn't show the comments on the thread after the blatant advert.

ForkinGreat

• Press windows key.
  • Type the first three letters of "snipping tool".
  • ????
  • Profit!!!!
it's ok, but it only seems to save one visible screen-worth at a time.

The firefox screenshot can do that or save a whole page of forum posts. works well, but isn't working for a page of twitter comments.
I was trying to screenshot all the #ScrotuMo hate before his social media minders blocked everyone and sanitized it.