The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Yeah sounds like the sort of constructive thing they’d peddle. They love a good hippie bashing.
It was an interview with one of the residents of Cabargo.

I don't know what the answer is, I actually voted for Angus Taylor at the last election, that doesn't look real good now though does it.

Need to get rid of all the career politicians and get people in power with real life experiences, people who have actually had proper jobs and know what real life is. I've never understood how you can be the treasurer if you aren't some sort of accountant or at least have financial training and experience.

I own a small business and it's hard enough to run. It must be hard trying to run a wnole country, particularly with all these climate change problems. As I say I don't know what the answer is.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It was an interview with one of the residents.

I don't know what the answer is, I actually voted for Angus Taylor at the last election, that doesn't look real good now though does it.

Need to get rid of all the career politicians and get people with real life experiences, people who have actually had proper jobs and know what real life is.

I own a small business and it's hard enough to run. It must be hard trying to run a wnole country, particularly with all these climate change problems. As I say I don't know what the answer is.
What’s a “proper job”? What’s a “real life”?

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I don't know what the answer is.

This has been my biggest contribution to the forum to date, I'm not very good with words so that's it for me, probably crawl back in my quite little corner and keep reading and learning about bikes. Do love this site though.

Thanks guys

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I've plenty of real life xp but buggered if I know how to draft legislation. It goes both ways.
Look at Pauline Hanson as one with real life experience and on the flip side Zali Steggall. The real life people are just as subject to issues. Look at the Greens, a lot of real life people but some don't have 'real' jobs so 2GB hates them.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don't know what the answer is.

This has been my biggest contribution to the forum to date, I'm not very good with words so that's it for me, probably crawl back in my quite little corner and keep reading and learning about bikes. Do love this site though.

Thanks guys
We all need to talk about this so your contribution and reception of others views is valuable.

Haakon

In 2017 almost half of the Liberals and 55% of the ALP candidates were all former staffers or ministerial advisers. SMH 25 March 2017

Not much real life experiences there.
Don’t fall into the trap of assuming people who’ve had lives you don’t understand or know about don’t have a “real life”.

It’s a common meme trotted out by conservatives, the “we are one of the common folk like you” caper. It’s insidious and you should be cautious about it.

Like a recent comment on here about artists not being valuable. Life means many things to many people and you don’t get to decide on what’s “worthy” or even relevant.

Haakon

Geeez, I'll help you. We can give it a crack. How hard could it be to write up rules a d by laws?
Would you like an actual answer to that? ;)

But not the point. The real problem is the line between the political class and business is blurred. It always has been, but there are compelling arguments for the balance being too far out of whack now.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Don’t fall into the trap of assuming people who’ve had lives you don’t understand or know about don’t have a “real life”.

It’s a common meme trotted out by conservatives, the “we are one of the common folk like you” caper. It’s insidious and you should be cautious about it.

Like a recent comment on here about artists not being valuable. Life means many things to many people and you don’t get to decide on what’s “worthy” or even relevant.
That's true, although it would be better if ministers had training or life experience in their portfolios at least.

At a time when I shouldn't be but I am so disillusioned with politics. Sick of the whole lot of them.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Some really good points made here. I'm not usually a fan of the vfbv (due to anti staff sentiments, but that's a seperate issue), but this seems to sum up where we sit and how the government can help. Maybe if they did some of this we'd be a bit more likely to shake hands?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Haakon

That's true, although it would be better if ministers had training or life experience in their portfolios at least.
This is what an independent and apolitical public service is for. It’s why politicians should take advice from the people that work for them and do have the experience and knowledge of these things, rather than beat on them for political points.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Why the fuck didn’t they push this harder in the campaign. Everything anyone heard about was fucking palmer and labour’s proposed taxes.

gah. Everythings shit. I’m off to go throw coal theough labour mp office windows
Because Palmer spent a shitload of cash on marketing.
The election was basically bought and won on lies.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah sounds like the sort of constructive thing they’d peddle. They love a good hippie bashing.
Yesterday's "the Australian" had a cartoon referring to Tex Perkins giving the middle finger to #ScrotuMo at Kiribilli house.
Tex was drawn as a burnt out alcoholic complete with whisky bottle in hand.
How predictable....Murdoch media at it's finest.

Haakon

Yesterday's "the Australian" had a cartoon referring to Tex Perkins giving the middle finger to #ScrotuMo at Kiribilli house.
Tex was drawn as a burnt out alcoholic complete with whisky bottle in hand.
How predictable....Murdoch media at it's finest.
Pretty sure Tex is pretty successful at what's he's done with his life. And is I think a successfully recovered alcoholic with many years sober - so that cartoon is just wildly insensitive and stupid on that point alone.

Jeez those conservatives are a bunch of snowflakes...