The gaming thread

indica

Serial flasher
That Project Cars looks good.

Bit late to the GTA thing but grabbed it today, that's a whole lotta fun for sure!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
They did dumb stuff on further corners, but the carnage was funnier/more frequent when there was the pack of cars coming off the start line - so better for the video.
Have you ever seen a race at Laguna Seca? That's about the norm, usually it's at the corkscrew though....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That Project Cars looks good.

Bit late to the GTA thing but grabbed it today, that's a whole lotta fun for sure!
It's such a funny game. Try to play through most of the story, you'll come across some hilarious stuff. Trevor is one of the best fictional characters ever made I reckon.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
It's such a funny game. Try to play through most of the story, you'll come across some hilarious stuff. Trevor is one of the best fictional characters ever made I reckon.
+1 maybe I'm sick and twisted, but I had many lol moments in GTA5, particularly with Trevor.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
I think the story for gta v was just overall quite funny.

certainly, I think V is one of the better ones, up there with SA Vice City etc

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
That corkscrew is the dumbest corner I ever seen on a race track along with that hairpin in tassie
I love that corkscrew! It's great, if you hit it with the right line, you only need to straight line brake before the first turn, coast until you hit the apex then floor it on your way down and out.

In 'video game' land anyway, but it works on full-blown sims like iRacing as well. :)

Speaking of sims, are there any ARMA III players here?
Been hosting a lot of modded co-op games lately and wouldn't mind a few more players.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Anyone here a FIFA junkie? I've been paying since FIFA 01..approx. 150-200 games a year...yes, I have wasted a lot of time (not really).

indica

Serial flasher
Currently enjoying GTA still.
Player Borderlands 2 with my son and that is a heap of fun.
Wife is enjoying The Evil Within and The Last of Us, daughter Never Alone and Tomb Raider and son Asassin's Creed.
Good times, lots of good looking games coming soon too.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
DayZ... mega hooked on that game.

Sooooooooo easy to burn hour after hour in that game.

The recent update has made the zombies more plentiful and stronger. They are no longer a 'pest' and really a threat. F***in' love it!

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just started playing battlefield hardline...meh. Like the single player part, but the multi player, not as much as BF3 or 4. Maybe need to play more get more stuff, but so far, not too impressed.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
refund hardline while you still can is my only advice.
That game made me angrier than even Ubisoft's overpriced rehashed turds.

$90 I paid for that piece of shit. The single-player campaign is embarrassing. Retarded AI, PS2 graphics and the worst acting this side of local traders who do their own ads. I've seen more effort put into iOS games. The multiplayer isn't any better. It's a shit version of Battlefield married to a shit version of Payday.

How the hell Battlefield: Hardline can be classed as a AAA release alongside games like GTA V, Skyrim and the like is a fucking mystery.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
How the hell Battlefield: Hardline can be classed as a AAA release alongside games like GTA V, Skyrim and the like is a fucking mystery.
I'm hearing that quite a lot, I won't be getting it.
I started Dark Souls in February, gave it five hours and canned it. Understanding that it's a different game, after playing Skyrim for three hundred hours I've set my role playing game expectation very high. Dark Souls just lacked any interest for me.
I'm waiting for the Witcher to come ou tin May but before that I needed a story to get me through those long nights so I grabbed Dragon Age Inquisition. Again, comparing anything to Skyrim is my goal and so far, I'm very impressed and plan to play it right through. It's brilliant to look at, the landscapes are awesome. The combat is all over the place but because it's four people attacking a few targets at once, you'd expect that. Still, I love the adventure and it's really engrossing.
My game radar for this year is this:
May is Project Cars and The Witcher.
June is Batman Arkham Knight and F1 2015.
Sometime later this year is Rainbow 6 and The Division, both games from the Tom Clancy stable of storylines.

You cant compare DS and Skyrim, thems two completely different style of game

I have Skyrim waiting for me at home but after Fallout 3 (?) and Oblivion I need a long break before starting it properly. I played an hour or two of it and went "meh, not interested in killing squirrels so I can obtain a +1 butter knife"

So it was back to saints row, something about driving on the sidewalk really calms me down.