The gaming thread

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
My PS4 purchase has always been waiting on either PGA Tour 2015 (formally Tiger Woods golf) or Gran Turismo 7. It doesn't look like i'll be playing either at Christmas.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Have you played "The golf club"? I've seen that on the Playstation store, it looks like any other current gen golf game.
Drive Club came out yesty, that could be a good substitute for Gran Turismo for now. ;)

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Have you played "The golf club"? I've seen that on the Playstation store, it looks like any other current gen golf game.
Drive Club came out yesty, that could be a good substitute for Gran Turismo for now. ;)
I did notice 'the golf club' but I haven't had a chance to research it yet. I am staying away from drive club because I am told that the only car setup option you have is auto and manual. I like to tinker (read: fuck) my car setup and spend way too much time looking for that 0.1s a lap. I still haven't finished GT6 and with a few games on PC that are in constant rotation, I think it might be a good reason to not buy a PS4 until early next year.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
You can play online but you do need an account. Playstation Plus is under $100 for a year and you get so much value from it. You get two free games every month on whichever console you buy and most of the titles they give you are awesome.
The PS4 doesnt have tons of great games but the PS3 does. I'm telling people to grab a PS3 and enjoy the cheap games on that before playing the mediocre games on PS4.

Shadow of Mordor is A grade, I totally love it and look forward to 100%ing it. ;)
Cheers Dozer,

Already have PS4 on lay-by (Christmas present for son). Tried to convince the missus to get a PS3 but no dice...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You'll love it to bits and give it a year; there's some amazing games coming out.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
None of the PS4 driving games are getting any love from me until either Sony or Logitech sort out the steering wheel support. At present only the new Thrustmaster T80 and T300RS wheels will work with the PS4 due to a ridiculous security chip requirement from Sony.

Fuck that. I've spent hundreds of $$$ on the two Logitech wheels I've got and I'll be buggered if I'm going to fork out a further $200 for a shitty entry level wheel or $700! for the T300RS. The overpriced piece of shit doesn't even have a stick-shift.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
None of the PS4 driving games are getting any love from me until either Sony or Logitech sort out the steering wheel support. At present only the new Thrustmaster T80 and T300RS wheels will work with the PS4 due to a ridiculous security chip requirement from Sony.

Fuck that. I've spent hundreds of $$$ on the two Logitech wheels I've got and I'll be buggered if I'm going to fork out a further $200 for a shitty entry level wheel or $700! for the T300RS. The overpriced piece of shit doesn't even have a stick-shift.
I am looking at building/buying a sim... Which wheel package would you recommend for PS3/4 and PC? Price isn't really a concern at the moment.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha. I told my wife that I want to spend a shit load on a racing sim and she was ok with it. I don't need something huge but a decent wheel and cockpit would be great.
Put that PS4 money towards a gaming PC mate. Free yourself from the limitations of the console manufacturers , hardware compatibility and the cost of their software !

There are plenty of great driving sims for PC , at whatever level of realism / eye candy you desire.
Project cars is actually starting to come good after so long in development and clearly wins the eye candy award.
Assetto Corsa is very driveable as is and there's plenty of guys out there making mods and apps for it already.
And of course iRacing if you want the best online experience and don't mind spending the money on content :D

A G27 is the best bang for buck wheel out there , they occasionally go on sale for around $200 at Dick Smith.

If you're ever back up this way you're more than welcome to drop around and sample all of the above. (except with a T500 , not a G27 :) )

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What is on everyone's menu currently? I've almost completed Shadow of Mordor and wow, I rate it as one of the best games I've played. It's a very similar play style to the Batan Arkham games and is very open world. I love the Lord of the Rings realm and this fits very nicely.
Speaking of the Batman games; have you seen the gameplay for the next game Arkham Knight? Holy smokes that is looking great!
I've grabbed Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 and am keen to play through it again, the laughs never end!

Capone

Likes Dirt
What is on everyone's menu currently? I've almost completed Shadow of Mordor and wow, I rate it as one of the best games I've played. It's a very similar play style to the Batan Arkham games and is very open world. I love the Lord of the Rings realm and this fits very nicely.
Speaking of the Batman games; have you seen the gameplay for the next game Arkham Knight? Holy smokes that is looking great!
I've grabbed Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 and am keen to play through it again, the laughs never end!
GTA5 on PS4 will blow your mind, its truly a thing of beauty

camzh

Likes Dirt
Just finished my 1st play through of Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.
Now to do it again as a different character. (played as Athena 1st time round)

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Just finished my 1st play through of Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.
Now to do it again as a different character. (played as Athena 1st time round)
Is it any good? Loved the first two, particualy 2 on the Tina DLC, just wasn't sure it was different enough to purchase at full price or wait for a steam sale.

Certainly one of the better games once a bit of co-op is occuring.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
GTA5 on PS4 will blow your mind, its truly a thing of beauty
So far I've spent some time mates online as I did 100% of the story on PS3. The first person mode is epic and for me it does change the way you play the game, a nice addition. ;)

camzh

Likes Dirt
Is it any good? Loved the first two, particualy 2 on the Tina DLC, just wasn't sure it was different enough to purchase at full price or wait for a steam sale.

Certainly one of the better games once a bit of co-op is occuring.
I only play co-op. (the wife and I play together)
Its rather different to 2.
I should start out by saying I liked 1 more than 2...
The environment is very annoying at times.
Low gravity is fun, but makes it rather hard to track enemies. And while butt-slams are also fun, they are easy to get wrong, if you land on a guy it does nothing.
Also the areas where there is no oxygen are sometimes frustrating.
While in the 1st 2 you could linger as long as you liked now you have to worry about your air running out.

Be prepared to die.
I've died more in the Pre-Sequel, with 1 play through than i have in 2, with 2 play throughs and 2 characters.
Not so much from being killed as just getting launched off the edge of the map.
I found that in 2 it really became fun when you encountered loaders for the 1st time, they were big, easy to shoot and were fun to shoot.

It's still fun, but it feels like what it is, a re-hash of 2.
Some of the story stuff that ties 1.5-2 is nice, but sometimes it does feel a bit dis-jointed.
My wife played as Nisha, and we found it hard to tell who was talking most of the time, Is that Athena ? no its Nisha...
The new laser weapons worked well for me, my wife doesnt like them.

taquar

Likes Dirt
I've been spending alot of time in both Rust and Warframe at the moment. Sadly my funds situation doesn't allow me to get any new games, although I'm eyeing off an Xbox1 for Halo 5 and Destiny. Not sure on the latter though, I've seen mixed reviews.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've been spending alot of time in both Rust and Warframe at the moment. Sadly my funds situation doesn't allow me to get any new games, although I'm eyeing off an Xbox1 for Halo 5 and Destiny. Not sure on the latter though, I've seen mixed reviews.
I waited for the first batch of reviews on Destiny as I was on the fence. Glad I waited and never bought it, it looks pretty bland and very Halo-esque. I never liked Halo, I'm not into it, it's too dull.

nitro01

Likes Dirt
For me at the moment it's Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One, Forza 5 every now and again, and of course the call of dootays

Got every one except the first and love every one except MW3 lol

GTA 5 on 360, just bought a DH bike so next gen games are gonna have to wait a bit :/