The gaming thread

Ivan

Eats Squid
I just started looking at ultra wide monitors as the price isn't too bad, and Battlefield looks awesome on them, then realised I'd have buy a better graphics card to run it. I'm having the urge to throw money at the computer.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah I did that today, even with 3 other players we got smoked.... It's like head shots do little to no damage!
That shits me on most games: A headshot should be a kill, not requiring ten shots to the face to kill.

Horizon 3 is set in Australia. That is all.
I've played the demo that Xbox released and it's pretty fun but I doubt I'll get the game, it feels too repetitive. Mind you, I'm not that into arcade type racers but didn't mind the feel of the car control to slide the cars. That felt okay.

I'm still playing Fallout 4 a lot. I'm avoiding the main quest until I'm ready to finish it but I think the time has come to end it. I may chase the platinum trophy a little down the track but for now I think I'll finish the main questline and make some time for Watch Dogs and Dishonored.

Fortius

Likes Bikes
I'm still playing Fallout 4 a lot. I'm avoiding the main quest until I'm ready to finish it but I think the time has come to end it. I may chase the platinum trophy a little down the track but for now I think I'll finish the main questline and make some time for Watch Dogs and Dishonored.
I grew tired of fallout 4 after making my way through the main quest line, it was a great game don't get me wrong but the whole thing had something of a predictable feel the whole time, not so much the story line but the tasks you would go through to complete the different missions, both in the side quests and the main line.
I think on the whole I preferred the witcher as a similar open world type title, but in both cases I found myself missing the old run and gun of an online shooter like modern warfare 2.
I'm yet to play a battlefield game, but I'm looking forward to giving battlefield 1 a whirl when it is released.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I grew tired of fallout 4 after making my way through the main quest line, it was a great game don't get me wrong but the whole thing had something of a predictable feel the whole time, not so much the story line but the tasks you would go through to complete the different missions, both in the side quests and the main line.
I think on the whole I preferred the witcher as a similar open world type title, but in both cases I found myself missing the old run and gun of an online shooter like modern warfare 2.
I'm yet to play a battlefield game, but I'm looking forward to giving battlefield 1 a whirl when it is released.
Yeah look, I'm starting to feel that way about Fallout and want to just finish it before I lose all interest. That reminds me, I uninstalled The Witcher when I started Fallout but always plan to finish that awesome game off too.
Battlefield and Call of Duty are similar in the sense that you shoot everything that moves but Battlefield is on a bigger scale with bigger maps and more vehicles you can control. Battlefield 1 will be good but if I were you I'd grab Battlefield 4 right now and take advantage of the free DLC they are giving away, it's an awesome game set in a fairly current era.

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
im a bit worried I will never get back to finish fallout 4 at this point...
I did the same thing with skyrim, just wandered around enjoying it forever and avioded the main questline. never finished it

They just arent games I want to sit down and play in a short time where I will probably be interrupted, one day I might do rent a hotel room for a weekend :noidea:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
im a bit worried I will never get back to finish fallout 4 at this point...
I did the same thing with skyrim, just wandered around enjoying it forever and avioded the main questline. never finished it
I finished Skyrim, 400 plus hours! I got all the trophies that go with it and loved it. I may even get the remaster and do it all again.

Fortius

Likes Bikes
I was in full study mode when Skyrim did the rounds so I never got right into it.
Perhaps the best game I've played and enjoyed from start to finish was the last of us.

I probably won't bother getting battlefield 4, I just know I'll invest too much time that I don't have, I'll hold off another few weeks and see what the new one is like.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Just renewed a 12 month membership for PS plus, with all the half year deals out what games should I be looking at? I'm just going through doom again playing from the start with all the guns just blowing shit up and still loving it but need something new. Battlefront season pass so I can do a trench run through the Death Star (childhood dreams!) but need something new. Anything big guns over the top?

Fortius

Likes Bikes
Just renewed a 12 month membership for PS plus, with all the half year deals out what games should I be looking at? I'm just going through doom again playing from the start with all the guns just blowing shit up and still loving it but need something new. Battlefront season pass so I can do a trench run through the Death Star (childhood dreams!) but need something new. Anything big guns over the top?
Personally I'm holding off till the new battlefield has come out.
As for shooters I really enjoyed the last of us but it might be a little slow for your taste, new and online is overwatch which seems to be getting some love but it looks too cartoonish for me, but certainly looks like it would tick the big guns over the top box?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Since its a bit soggy this long weekend, thinking I might pick up an Xbox on the way home.

Doom, Fallout 4 on the radar. Was Far Cry 4 any good? I loved 3 - but it was boring after the first play through.

And that Evolve game looks fun too...

Since its a bit soggy this long weekend, thinking I might pick up an Xbox on the way home.

Doom, Fallout 4 on the radar. Was Far Cry 4 any good? I loved 3 - but it was boring after the first play through.

Forza horizon 3 if you like driving games, I love it

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Far Cry 4 is the same as 3, just in the Himalaya's instead of the tropics. Very good, lots of fun. Primal on the other hand, sucks a fat one.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Far Cry 4 is the same as 3, just in the Himalaya's instead of the tropics. Very good, lots of fun. Primal on the other hand, sucks a fat one.
+1. only got a little way though so far, but the wing suit is fun, and the gyro copter is a neat way of getting around. it does have an altitude ceiling, and enemies do tend to shoot at you :)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Fallout 4 is pretty great so far.

Halo 5 - 45gb install and 45gb update. What the fuck is this.