The gaming thread

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
Starting to enjoy the division more, got a good DZ squad I've been running with & have learned how to use the perks properly. There's nothing quite like seeing a group doing decent cover to cover moves while laying down suppressive fire. I know it's not for everyone but as a casual gamer it's easy to pick up play for a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
only good thing about it was the dark zone, then they fucked it up so 12year olds hopped up on energy drinks could steal all my hard earned lootz , I tried to get a refund on season pass but sony told me to go suck a :Banane25:

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
Thanks all for the rec's, they're all available & have been added :clap2::thumb:

Didn't mean to be a decadist, 90's games suggestions also welcomed.

scblack

Leucocholic
Worth going PS3 to PS4?

Hi guys, I have a PS3 currently and its used for kids gaming plus as our dvd/bluray player. It works fine and my girls are 9 + 11 years.

I can get a PS4 500gb for $349 incl. 1 game.

Is it worth spending the $349? Seeing the PS3 is fine for now. The $ amount is easy as pie, but is it worth bothering?

What benefits would I get?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hi guys, I have a PS3 currently and its used for kids gaming plus as our dvd/bluray player. It works fine and my girls are 9 + 11 years.

I can get a PS4 500gb for $349 incl. 1 game.

Is it worth spending the $349? Seeing the PS3 is fine for now. The $ amount is easy as pie, but is it worth bothering?

What benefits would I get?
Hmmm, if its just for your kids then I wouldn't bother. The PS4 is simply just a more powerful machine that makes the games look better and handle the load better. Gaming wise, it has more new titles coming to it than the PS3 but does the same stuff. Mind you, PS4 is now capable of virtual reality but requires another $600+ to get the gear to do it, it's early days but it's not that exciting.
I'd stick with what you have and spend that cash on a piss up in the harbour one sunny day mate! ;)

scblack

Leucocholic
Hmmm, if its just for your kids then I wouldn't bother. The PS4 is simply just a more powerful machine that makes the games look better and handle the load better. Gaming wise, it has more new titles coming to it than the PS3 but does the same stuff. Mind you, PS4 is now capable of virtual reality but requires another $600+ to get the gear to do it, it's early days but it's not that exciting.
I'd stick with what you have and spend that cash on a piss up in the harbour one sunny day mate! ;)
Cheers mate, I won't bother.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
my young bloke has me hooked on destiny........
i now feel like I'm down with the kool kids...:welcome:
I did the demo of the 360 and it was pretty good. The Taken King looks to be the must have to keep it interesting since I've read the standard campaign is a bit fnar.

I have to be selective with what I waste my time on since i'm wayyy behind on my goofing off on games schedule. Only the winners please unless it snows for 6 months and I get fired then I'm sure to catch up :love:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep I love my Destiny...to bad I'm crap at it... still have to do this new raid... and am getting a bit sick of the grinding for nothing...

So... new CoD...hmmm... haven't palyed CoD since MW3 (or BOII not sure a while anyway)...its almost fast and fun... but then you get quickscoped 500 times in a row and it's like yeah...thats why CoD sucked

jarrod839

Banned
yep I love my Destiny...to bad I'm crap at it... still have to do this new raid... and am getting a bit sick of the grinding for nothing...

So... new CoD...hmmm... haven't palyed CoD since MW3 (or BOII not sure a while anyway)...its almost fast and fun... but then you get quickscoped 500 times in a row and it's like yeah...thats why CoD sucked
COD is the same shit every year and multi-player is just full of hackers running aimbot and Activision won't stop it. Ive giving up on multi-player and just play co op now. New titanfall and battlefield looks the goods.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, even though I've been playing games since my atari and had done bit of lan gaming, CoD4 was my first real online game. Loved it and MW2 is some ways wasn't as good, but in a lot of ways was better. BO was more of the same but not in a good way, then MW2 and BOII...that was enough, switched to BF3, then BF4 then Destiny. I like Titanfall an bough it just because it was respawn, but my poor old laptop couldn't really run it and it didn't have a real campaign (I like campaigns -- hear that battlefront?) but i'm looking forward to Titanfall 2 which is supposed to be on ps4?

Playing cod4 remastered was/is great, like old times and looking forward to the multiplayer for a giggle... but this infinite warfare it like playing MW2 with the hackers...been quickscoped more times today than in all the time playing all the other CoD's together... it just stupid. That and they just took MW3 and added a couple of Titanfall bits (mini mechs and wall running).

I know people have been saying CoD sux for ages, but well... yeah it sux

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Got to change up my solo DZ play in the division. Picked up a nice haul of weapons and loot, got an nice easy extraction point and managed to extract two loads in the one pick up. That got my confidence up, so I went on a bit of a spree and used some DZ keys to grab some nice high end kit.... needless to say I got reamed when I went back to the same extraction point and my kit got jacked, a couple of trash talking kiwi lads were waiting there melted me instantly. Live and learn I guess

jarrod839

Banned
Got to change up my solo DZ play in the division. Picked up a nice haul of weapons and loot, got an nice easy extraction point and managed to extract two loads in the one pick up. That got my confidence up, so I went on a bit of a spree and used some DZ keys to grab some nice high end kit.... needless to say I got reamed when I went back to the same extraction point and my kit got jacked, a couple of trash talking kiwi lads were waiting there melted me instantly. Live and learn I guess

DZ was awesome at the start as everyone was just working together to get the better gear. Now you need a solid crew and not trust anyone but it does make way for some epic fire fights.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Just finished building my new PC last night:

i5 6600k (water cooled)
16GB 3200Mhz RAM
1070 STIX OC GTX
32" 1440p screen.

Just started re-installing my games.

First cab off the rank was Star Citizen. Ran like button on "Very High"

Next; BF1...

Then slowly War Thunder, Division, Assetto Corsa, Star Wars Battlefront (The dogfights should now be EPIC).

After I settle down... time for some overclocking. I'm told my combo of processor and watercooling will allow me to get to 4.2Ghz +... even up to 4.5Ghz but that would be the limit.

I also have a month of work due to a new, small pink thing expected to join the family next week. Though not sure if I will be awake enough for that.