The gaming thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Found this the other day. The older BF community trying to get BF2 up and running again.
WooHoo, BF2 was lots of fun and sponged up quite a bit of my time. The inevitable cut scenes and 'character development' in newer BF's don't add much value when you just really want to go shooting in a big warzone.

jarrod839

Banned
So, anyone have thoughts on BF1?

Just curious as I've had it for a week, and while initially I absolutely loved it, I'm now bored of it.

Not sure why. Just the gameplay seems a lot more repetitive. And the fact all servers have the kill cam is annoying.

It just seems to be aimed at a more "simple" playing style. And the player base seems to be less strategy focused than BF4 for example. Squad leaders rarely give orders and squads rarely work as a squad.

I'm so my so over BF1 that I've gone back to Division and am quite enjoying the 1.4 patch.
i didn't even last a week with bf1 i lasted a solid day. Same as yourself i found multi-player to be highly repetitive and un balanced. Single player is just lacking its basically go to a point kill a handful of guys and move to the next point. I think its good that they have tried ww1 and there are some good things about it but it's just meh.

Ive been playing titanfall 2 lately and its just nuts its like COD on steroids. Multi-player is well balanced and fast paced and highly addictive. Single player is awesome but some parts are just way too hard.
Best thing is all DLC will be free for everyone.
My opinion is titanfalls multi-player is best ever and has restored my faith in multi-player games.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thats interesting you guys say that about Battlefield 1. I played the beta and found it just as you said; pretty flat and dull. Around that time I also did the Titanfall2 beta and it was ace! I hadn't played it before but am seriously considering getting it.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Thats interesting you guys say that about Battlefield 1. I played the beta and found it just as you said; pretty flat and dull. Around that time I also did the Titanfall2 beta and it was ace! I hadn't played it before but am seriously considering getting it.
I really enjoyed the BETA, but I think that was with a the thought "If this is how awesome the BETA looks, the full game should be amazing". But the full game and the BETA only seem to differ in volume of content. Ultimately, I think that the map design is the let down. They all funnel players down similar paths and really are a very COD play style; sprint and shoot.

BF4 left like each class could really play their own game.

Never player titalfall so may have to check it out. For now this new Division patch is keeping me entertained. Though I am a bit worries that if someone like be is getting through it while well, seasoned players would find it a bit flat and dull.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
a very COD play style; sprint and shoot.
I HATE that in a game, I won't touch it if it is ever mentioned as a thing.
The thing that may have put me off Battlefield 1 also is the old school war time gear. I'm not really interested in it.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I really enjoyed the BETA, but I think that was with a the thought "If this is how awesome the BETA looks, the full game should be amazing". But the full game and the BETA only seem to differ in volume of content. Ultimately, I think that the map design is the let down. They all funnel players down similar paths and really are a very COD play style; sprint and shoot.

BF4 left like each class could really play their own game.

Never player titalfall so may have to check it out. For now this new Division patch is keeping me entertained. Though I am a bit worries that if someone like be is getting through it while well, seasoned players would find it a bit flat and dull.
Division.... what platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
PC l33t race mate!

In related news, swapped the 32" 1440p monitor I got with the new PC for a 28" 4K monitor.

Wow. Just wow. Can have anti-aliasing off and everything looks smooth.

Impresses my 1070 is getting me a stable 40FPS at the resolution too.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
I've noticed a few of us are Destiny fans, so if anyone (like myself) needs help to finish a couple of the strikes and missions ,post up your username or pm me and we'll help each other out,as grinding out missions solo starts to get booorrrring....

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've noticed a few of us are Destiny fans, so if anyone (like myself) needs help to finish a couple of the strikes and missions ,post up your username or pm me and we'll help each other out,as grinding out missions solo starts to get booorrrring....
bigdook79 on Xbox one. Send me a friend request if you're on xbone.

Capone

Likes Dirt
I HATE that in a game, I won't touch it if it is ever mentioned as a thing.
The thing that may have put me off Battlefield 1 also is the old school war time gear. I'm not really interested in it.
if you party up its great fun, the old school weapons make it very different. Gas grenades are amazing too

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
"bigdook79 on Xbox one. Send me a friend request if you're on xbone"

will do Luke,i use my young blokes account gnarlybones360....

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^I would bt I'm all ps4... I've grinded my way to light 394...ugh well sick of stuff dropping at a lower light level than ithr my level or the level of the item, blerg

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, youd think by now, since we're well after the xb and ps3, that for this gen they wold have gotten their act together so we could cross paltform by now. Ithink you can xb->pc maybe, or thats coming

doihoi

Likes Dirt
yeah, youd think by now, since we're well after the xb and ps3, that for this gen they wold have gotten their act together so we could cross paltform by now. Ithink you can xb->pc maybe, or thats coming
Windows 10 and XB1 are starting to cross platform, e.g. Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 but yes I agree, I would've hoped by now they'd cross platform PS4, XB1, and PC so we all can play

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
new division DLC update sounds pretty interesting..... could be fun

"Survival is an optional mode for The Division that operates as a sort of elaborate extra mission with distinct gameplay systems and a roughly two-hour limit before the player’s character will die. It’s set on the same map as the main game but with a different scenario. In it, a blizzard is bearing down on New York City and a group of Division agents need to make it to the center of Manhattan to retrieve some key antiviral drugs. The helicopter the agents are on crashes, scattering its inhabitants around the map. What that means in gaming terms is that up to 24 players who matchmake into a Survival session will find themselves starting in spots all around the perimeter of virtual Manhattan, each stripped of their gear, each trying to make it to the center before their character dies.

Survival encompasses the full main map of The Division, though re-worked to be full of snow. Each player’s starting gear consists of low-level green items and a pistol.

Screenshot from Massive’s Twitch stream of the new Survival mode. Players can use burning barrels for warmth.
As described in today’s livestream, players will find that their character is cold, hungry, dehydrated and sick, all of which are systems that need to be managed to survive. Medicine and painkillers slow down the disease (warning: the developers say players eventually develop a resistance to the medicine). Hunger slows health regeneration. Thirst limits vision and awareness. Cold gradually kills the player. You need to scavenge to survive by exploring helicopter crash sites, opening caches and tearing through apartments to find food, gear and clothing. All of the vanity items from the main game—scarves, coats, etc.—now have a cold rating on them and will warm players to different degrees. Players can also hunker down in apartments or stand near fire barrels to warm themselves."

doihoi

Likes Dirt
I'm still busting out Forza Horizon 3 but tempted to get on Infinite Warfare with the remastered copy of Modern Warfare, anyone playing that?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just DLed Mad Max cheap from the play store. Fuck me it's big, doubt I'll ever finish it, but looks like an awesome way to occasionally kill the odd free time I get.

Opening cinematic was awesome, may have even topped the Borderlands cinis that have been the benchmark for redness, to date.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Capone

Likes Dirt
I'm still busting out Forza Horizon 3 but tempted to get on Infinite Warfare with the remastered copy of Modern Warfare, anyone playing that?
Played the beta for Infinite Warfare and was not impressed. Played MW remastered and its fairly meh. graphics are better, mechanics are shit.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got an invite from Ubisft to try out the Steep beta, starts today. Steep is a snow based game of skiing, snowboarding, wing suits etc. It could be amazing but it'd surely be better with a summer edition with bikes instead of ski's. ;)