The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Toff

Likes Dirt
For the record I managed 1'36.041 in the M3, was going to give it another try but didn't get the time.

For the next TT, can we go round Fuji F? preferably in something a bit quicker (we've all got some money now, right?), or more mods allowed.

Anyone had a go at the drift trial no. 1 @ Tsukuba in the seasonal events yet? What's your best score/ ranking?

Oh and best time round Tsukuba so far is 44.313 :cool:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Endurance Races pop up when you reach level 25. Once again they certainly are not proving to be very rewarding. The most credits received for myself as of yet has been 220,000 approx. That said they do give a lot of exp, so that is a plus.

If anyone is in need of a historic car to win the historic race in expert in the 4th endurance race you win the Jag XRJ13 (Or what ever model it is), which makes it pretty easy.

Likes Dirt
Anyone had a go at the drift trial no. 1 @ Tsukuba in the seasonal events yet? What's your best score/ ranking?:
The best i could manage was 10230 points i think, can't remember how i ranked, not very well though haha.
Maybe it was because it was in a commodore :p

I'll swap you temporarily, Xx-DMN8-xX.
Kk I'll add you later

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Just found a commodore in the used car dealership. Reading the description, where it says (and im not making this up)

The Commodore SS even set the record in highway touring race around Australia, covering the 15.0km distance in just six and a half days
Now i know its only an SS, and not a Ferrari, but i am sure it can do more than 0.096km/h

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Of the 3 cars i've got so far doing the A Spec Series, none of them will let me get into the interior view, where as when doing special events such as the AMG, Nascar and Go Kart ones i can. Whats up with this?

Cars are from memory, MX5, Integra Type R, Yaris.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Of the 3 cars i've got so far doing the A Spec Series, none of them will let me get into the interior view, where as when doing special events such as the AMG, Nascar and Go Kart ones i can. Whats up with this?

Cars are from memory, MX5, Integra Type R, Yaris.
The cars with interior driving postitions are only the Premium cars, which are the cars you can purchase from the Car Dealership.

There are heaps of different models of the cars you just mentioned, so a good chance is that you have purchased a Standard Car. You will get premium's as you go, but the game seems to like giving you standard cars.

Are any more challenges going to be posted. Haven't participated as of yet but wouldn't mind. That ssaid my Driving Force GT has decided to pack it in, not very impressed. Stupid thing will not calibrate. Has 3 attempts and then just sits there with the GT Symbol flashing and the wheel in the completely wrong place with no force feed back. Warranty job I think. :(

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright heres a challenge... Fuji Speedway F. 500HP, No Racing tyres, all else free..?

Should see a good variety of cars and setups.

Oh, I'm keen as for a race, anyone else? Should setup a Rotorburn race for tonight or tomorrow night.

PSN: Steve--0_o

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Should see a good variety of cars and setups.
I bought a RUF and gave it 500hp for this. Man it's a hard to get those 500 horses down out of corners.

I am sub 1'50" now, and still room for improvement I think.

Anyone else trying this?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
........Anyone else trying this?

I'll give it a go tonight.

I've been training Bob over the last few days. He's at level 18 now and fairly useful providing you put him in the right car. Occasionally he goes a bit nuts though like here , lap 9 of 10 leading by bugger all he decides to get a drift on.........

Bob U nut by spinnerpics1, on Flickr

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha that bob photo is classic!

Fuji F. RX-7 1050kg 500HP, 1:46.087. Still plenty in it though. I tried a GTR and whilst being at the same power the extra 100kg and AWD absolutely kills it.

The RM S15 is 1000kg but for some reason you can't mod the SR20 to 500HP lol. Ahwell. The Lotus elise RM is like 750kg but i think it maxes at like 400HP or something.

I think the winner will be in a lightweight RWD car, seems to be pretty fast on this track. Zero problems with grip on Sport soft tyres, no aero yet.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuji F. Nissan GTR '07. 497hp 1411kg. (drive set to 30F/70R) 1:44.065. A 43 is doable but after 25 minutes I gave up !

The best I could get in an FR car was 1:46.4 in a Shelby Series One but getting the power to the ground with no TCS was tough.

I tried a worked Lotus 111R and it was up near the 1:50 mark.

Good challenge , getting those last few corners right makes or breaks a lap.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to give this challenge in a NSX, but being in a different country is a bit hard... That being said, Fuji and Tsubuka are only a 2 hour train trip away :p

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to give this challenge in a NSX, but being in a different country is a bit hard... That being said, Fuji and Tsubuka are only a 2 hour train trip away :p
Nice! Go hire a car and set a record laptime :p

I got down to a 1:45.538. RX-7 500HP... I tried a mid sized turbo at 500HP but there was too much torque. High rpm turbo gave usable power out of the corners and the highest top speed of 285 or so on the front straight.

I think turns 3 & 4 are my problem, Hard to go fast on the long turn 3 and i can't put power down quick enough on turn 4 for the straight. Rest of the corners were ok. Might try it in another car.

Quick tip that i just learnt... Use A-Spec races to learn the track and to tune the car before going to time trial. Fuji F, $45k per race 5 laps. 5 laps is 1 warm up and 4 good laps to learn the new tune, rinse and repeat until fast, switch to time trial and set a time... Everyone's probably already doing this but ahwell.

I think we'll run this until the 15th.

Edit: Just had a quick look online at peoples progress, I'm level 21 and only 12% complete.. Something tells me i'm WAY far behind haha I need to do more races! Oh, and i thought my GTR started with 811HP, I'm sure it did... anyway it's been slowly getting higher and higher until 824HP and i just decided to oil change and rebuild the engine... it's now got 867HP and 91kgfm of torque...GEEZUS. This thing flys! Do motors get faster when there run in (in GT5)? It's done 366km.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a heads up, not sure if its been posted but there's NO TUNING RESTRICTIONS on all seasonal bonus races!!!!!!! Yeeehaaa Easy money.

Edit: Couple of tips. Engine power increases after letting it run in, I've found my GTR has increased in power and my Rx-7 increased by 1% over half hour of driving. It's not much but hey power is power. Then it starts to go down after awhile and the whole car needs to be replaced to regain it. This is separate from power that can be gained/lost in engine rebuilds and oil. I searched for confirmation but only found 2 pages saying the same thing.. I guess the power gain is so little it doesn't matter.

Also a website HERE has very good info on GT5 and tuning setups.

Spinner and I had a few races online and it was pretty awesome - no lag, easy room setup and close racing. Racing our 500HP cars on trial mountain was like driving on ice but the best part was nascar racing! First race saw us finish within 0.024s of each other, on the second race it was even closer with a 1st section last lap split time of 0.001 and a finish split time of 0.012!! Crazy.

Anyway, i've made over 3mill + Nascar + 800HP FordGT all from seasonal races tonight, there VERY easy now with unlimited tuning. Lots of XP too! Level 21 to 24 in little over half hour.

Last edited:

Toff

Likes Dirt
Fuji Speedway F. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 - 500hp 885kg . 1'43.449. had three 1'44 laps before I had an epiphany and tried a different line through the last section, got the 1'43 on the first go after that. With a bit more practice a 1'42 should be possible.

Edit: Did another few laps, got it down to 1'43.277 . 1'42 is painfully close, if I could just string together my best sections into one clean lap..

Last edited: