The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I setup the ps3 and had a go. Can only manage a high 1:47 in the cusco subaru. All stock with a light tune. 1:45's with only 300hp is huge! I cant find the seconds. Everyones changed physics to simulation yeh? Doesnt matter online tho...

Keen to see the aftermath of the race! Rx-7 looks the best on paper but the subaru has inasane grip.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Is it too late to put my name down for the race series?
If not, my PSN is zombie_chew and I will be driving the RE Amemiya RX7.
Not too late, will add you in psn.

To answer question above, yes you have the same car for the season, choose wisely :)
Realistically the cars are all so close in performance it is down to personal preference.

So tomorrow at race time I will create a private room. You go into Community, click on my profile, and then click on the little yellow icon right next to my coffee cup to join in. This will prevent unwanted people joining the race. This also means you must have me added as a friend.

Any questions please ask sooner rather than later... Obviously i won't be answering questions at 6:05 :)

Steve,
1:47 will still be competitive. A lot of things happen in the heat of racing. A lot of people tend to out brake themselves and try to win the race on the first lap.
No mods to cars, but did tweak the transmission and suspension very slightly.

No simulation mode ie Skid Recovery Force and ASM are both off.
Lastly, damage and penalties will be set to on :)

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh racing is a totally different story. I managed to knock a full second off with more tuning and practice. At high 1:46's. Oh and i've 100% proved the longer you drive your car the more power it gets until a certain point it goes down. Motor run in sim ftw! My mean looking cusco subaru is at 330hp after 150 km and an oil change.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Newb question here ..

How do you get the pics ?

Do B spec driver all suck ? Ie,crashing all the time, planting throttle mid corner,etc...

How do I go about joining your online racing ? I really am only getting to grips with this online gaming !! :eek:

My PSN is oldskoolsega , if that helps ?

Thanks..

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had no internet since friday (posting from an internet cafe) , probs won't have any till late next week so I'm out of the race. Will be racing at Buller next Sunday too , so won't be home in time for the next round either.

Will definitely be up for round 3 though !

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I've had no internet since friday (posting from an internet cafe) , probs won't have any till late next week so I'm out of the race. Will be racing at Buller next Sunday too , so won't be home in time for the next round either.

Will definitely be up for round 3 though !
No probs mate

Tasty, add me as a friend, my psn is in a post here. You will need one of the four cars, and check the regs, no modifications but you can tune the cars suspension and transmission etc.

Pics are taken by pausing a replay and selecting photo mode, or doing if from the photo locations in the main gtmenu.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick question about the race, are we allowed to using the driving line? I know you originally said no, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you said we could. Either way I'm not fussed.

Looking foward to the race. :D

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Just a quick question about the race, are we allowed to using the driving line? I know you originally said no, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you said we could. Either way I'm not fussed.

Looking foward to the race. :D
Sure, just as long as you can stray off the line when you need to :)

Ok I have the following friends / racers listed
Me
Mistaken
caps_locs
Eagle1903
Kickcaresao
Spinner_660
Steve--o_o
Xx-dmn8-xx
Zauronus
Zombie_chew

If you arent on here let me know or add me as a friend ll__venom__ll

At the end of your race, save the replay.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
im out... ps tv is bein occupied by my little brother playing skate....... fail. i bought the subaru as well!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Aggghhhhhhhh FFS!!!!! Disconnected again :( stupid fuggen psnetwork.

Let me know the outcome boys and I will take a dnf

Not sure if it was dmn8 or zombie on the first lap of that back straight, but dude I was about 4 car lengths back when you spun...not sure if you dropped a wheel on the grass or something, but check the replay. :)

Last edited: