The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Ben, we are talking about the gt300 cars.

So for those who raced...I will give you the choice, as it would be unfair for me to make the decision..... I don't mind if you guys claim the points or the other option is to call it a dead race due to the people getting disconnected, especially as the racing was so damn close ( that first race was freakin awesome)

If we declare it a dead race I will add another to the series and use this one as a shakedown....

Shame as otherwise it would have been a great night.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vote no points! Lol. I wired up the whole house with a mate so i'll be in the nect race for sure!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Some seriously tight racing that's for sure.
Was it chewie I was swapping lead with in that first race? Damn sweet stuff.

Happy for you to host, maybe that's what was going on. Will get you all the psn's through the week.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some seriously tight racing that's for sure.
Was it chewie I was swapping lead with in that first race? Damn sweet stuff.
Yeah that was me battling it out with you for ages. So much fun, especially with all the cars being so even.
Is it just me or are the physics different online? In practice mode I had a best lap of 1:45.1xx but in the race I was struggling to crack a 1:47.xxx

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah that was me battling it out with you for ages. So much fun, especially with all the cars being so even.
Is it just me or are the physics different online? In practice mode I had a best lap of 1:45.1xx but in the race I was struggling to crack a 1:47.xxx
Online physics are different but its unclear how. Tyre wear and different temp and wear paterns are one thing most aggrree on. So keen for next sundays race!

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Online physics are different but its unclear how. Tyre wear and different temp and wear paterns are one thing most aggrree on. So keen for next sundays race!
I thought somethings might have been a bit different.
I'm looking foward to the next race aswell. Hopefully there isn't as many connection issues.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I couldn't make this race as I'm not at home but I'll be in for the next one for sure, I vote dead race. PSN is BlueGlory, driving the rx7.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
What did you guys think of having to pit?
It adds an element of strategy, but also allows for fresh tyres in the second half of the race.
The dudes in the pits are pretty cool too.

zauronus

Likes Bikes
What did you guys think of having to pit?
It adds an element of strategy, but also allows for fresh tyres in the second half of the race.
The dudes in the pits are pretty cool too.
I rekon it would be better on a race with say 20 laps, or allow racing softs....
or a 5 lap run of the nurburgring....

Ill be driving the lexus next race too.

doosh

Likes Bikes
Oh does anyone use a bought racing setup? I lost both my desks so I may replace the one my ps3 was on with a cockpit of somesort... Or maybe a type of desk that you found to be perfect?
If you've got a fairly sturdy ironing board, give that a go. Sounds a bit gay, but works surprisingly well. Also doesn't fail to get a disproving look from the mrs when she walks in and you're sitting 1m away from the tv with a steering wheel mounted on the ironing board.

Couple it with an old desk chair and it's pretty good. I'm toying with a cockpit project idea - some steel tubing, bucket seat from a wreckers and a welder, though I'm worried I'll end up with a 100kg monstrosity.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Eh? Figuring out your own line and dialing it in over time is half the fun, driving line just ruins the whole game..

Easy =/= Fun.

Driving line = Cheap.

(IMO)
+10

There was a discussion on this over at gtplanet a while ago with the consensus that as long as you use the line you will never learn to be a good driver, as you are always looking at the line and being "led" rather than finding your own lines and thinking about where you want to be.

I'm pretty sure, that this line is not always the best line too. Try with out it, by now you shouldn't need it.