The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Line doesn't help as the apex can change depending on the car. The line is just a generic race line. I find it helps if you have problems with braking but I never use it because i find it hella distracting!

I have internet and PS3 but won't be racing tonight... the caravan is like a dome of no wi-fi haha. I'm in for sunday though.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Alrighty,

Im away for the next 2 days, so here is the list of people I have that are in, good to see the positions filling up.

http://users.tpg.com.au/b_brand//index.htm

Steve-O, please let me know what your driving.

After last weeks race, a few people have wanted to swap cars which is ok... but once they are locked in for this weekend you keep that car for whole the series. :)

The pitstop will stay for this series... this can be a tactical race winner

Lastly Xx-DMN8-xX will be hosting so add him as a friend and try to be online about 10 mins prior to kick off :)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick question, Are we racing the Nurburgring GP/F track this Sunday or the Fuji F again?

The Subaru has the most torque and is only 1100kg... RX-7 is just as good but the Lexus is heavy and MR. The ARTA is heavy too..

You could win the race in any of the cars and i doubt there's more then a second between them. I just had the Cusco Subaru in my garage and didn't have enough money for the ARTA lol.

I'll try and keep up on Sunday, I'm using a controller and i'm off the pace. Should be fun! Damage really kills.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Race is at Nurburgring GP/F, a really fantastic track.

Honestly I think all the cars are capable, keeping your car for the season will create parity, but also let you really get to grips with the car by the last few races. I drove the ARTA for a few laps and loved it, with some setup I reckon is car could be a demon on this track, but I'm taking the RX7 to the podium. ;)

I sold my wheel setup last year so also use the controller and don't think it s too much of a disadvantage...though I found I was always quicker with the wheel.

Damage was set to light, which I think means your car heals after 30 secs or something?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^Ok! Provided my brother gets off bloody COD.. PSN: murdolf - I think I already have you?

Whats cars???? - EDIT: Wait, shakedown for the series?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Yeah for the series, or whatever doesn't bother me, I'll be running some laps with my off it's tits 69' camaro and an old challenger as well as the series RX-7, I'll get a lobby going at 9? That ok?

My PSN is BlueGlory if you don't have me but I'll add you first anyway.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm Setup a little better now, full internet and controller is charging. Who's keen for a race tonight? or drift? :p My M3 drifts as easily as the cars in GRID. Like unlimited lap drift lol. Can't quite get reverse entries but highspeed entries are hella fun!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Downhill dominations list is still full, so some people wont be able to get into the race. Can anyone contact him on psn and ask him to remove some people? cheers
Pretty sure we can get around this, I am in his friends list, so once I join his lobby, if you click on my profile you will be able to join the game i am in.