The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Added you in :)
As mentioned, under community, click on me and then younshould be able to find the track.

Enjoy.., 2:02 will be hard to beat, but let's see how we go racing.... Btw breaka and others, there is a mandatory pit stop at some stage of the race, your call when.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
/\ haha true dat ! Not that I had much of a social life before GT5 anyway.....

I was in a room last night , Nascar races at Daytona with a real mixed bag of nationalities , mostly clean racing , very little lag and some amazing races went down. Pretty rare to find something like that not turning to shit very quickly. Great stuff :cool:

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
How do I join in on the practice? It doesn't seem to be in your lounge, wolfcreek? Unless I've got the time all wrong

edit: derp timezone mistake

Last edited:

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Rnd1 Summary

About 4 laps of this:

Followed by what I'll only refer to as 'the incident'

That little love-tap resulted in this:

Which resulted in me losing 5 of these:

Next three laps were spent in vain trying to pull into first place, which I couldn't quite manage.

Spinner pulled some spectacular laps together, managing to pull back from pretty far behind in 3rd place at the beginning, almost lapping the last player while on the final straight:

Best lap of the day was a 2:02.097 (I think??) from Spinner, which is absolutely phenomenal and I'm completely astounded as to how he managed it.

Awesome race, close to the best fun I've had online with GT5, can't wait for next Sunday.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm just watching the replay now , I only cracked that one 2:02 because of drafting WCP down the main straight. The next corner was awesome , I thought for sure he would dive down the inside and shut me down !

Brilliant race anyway , thanks y'all :)

Last edited:

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
Bugger! completely missed this being setup!
really keen on being in on it next round though guys!

my psn is Colbs23 if you could add me in, or ill add you, whatever is easier, ill keep an eye out for the next details

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Great racing... was tough up the pointy end of the field with the racing as close as you could ask for...

Ray, you had run a little wide onto the grass on the previous corner giving me the run up the inside, I tried to keep it as tight as possible and leave you some room :) Dont think I could have gone any further over. Great re-take on turn 1 too... nicely done, dammit.

Spinner was definitely pulling some fast laps.. you just sort of appeared from nowhere in those last few laps... I thought Final Lap was going to be real close but tagged a wall and that cemented 3rd for me.... you car looks to have taken a bit of a beating? Well done to get back up to first from that.

I was really wanting to get back up the inside of you at turn 1, Ray did this to me 2 times I think so it was achievable, but I carried a little too much speed and ran too wide to pull it in... this meant I had to chase and hope that you and Ray tangled up with each other allowing me some space for a draft to the finish line :)

http://users.tpg.com.au/b_brand//Series2.htm Points updated and a few pics to be found..

My vote for best turned out car goes to Ray .. matte black with gold is a winner.
Colbs, will add you on psn. Get your car sorted as per the specs in the link and we will see you for a wet race at Monza.

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah , on lap 1 I had two corners in a row where I pushed the cold tyres too hard and brushed the wall. That's when you and Ray really put the gap into me. Someone passed me while I was recovering as well so I was then in 4th ! I got past them then had the space to use the whole width of the track and pin it , but I thought it was too late , I'd never catch you guys. My only hope was if you slowed eachother down dicing for position.

When I was coming out of the pits I thought it was going to be soo close , bummer you tagged the wall. That last lap would have been intense !

I think with this type of racing , it's inevitable that there will be incidents. If you're as fast as the guy in front , your only option is wait till they make a mistake and be ready to capitalise , especially on a track like this one. There's a very good chance that will involve some paint swapping. I thinks its important to make the distinction between these race incidents and people driving aggressively and pushing others around.

Also re the blackouts at the start. A few people I've raced online with insist on everyone quitting practice and returning to the pits before the race countdown starts. It prevents glitches and the possiblility of lag apparently. Might be worth sending out a memo regarding this ?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Right, I see your guys vehicles have 200+bhp, how's this under the current performance restrictions?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A new car with the legal mods comes to 199hp. With a few ks on them and an oil change , they gain a few hp. Mine was at 205 hp after 260 ks and new oil.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Series 3

Hey guys,

As Series 2 draws to a close I though we should get back to some speed for the next series....bring on the Supercar Cup

If you are interested in racing send me a PM.
Races are Sunday afternoon/evening 6:30pm Sydney time.

***************** Series 3 ***************
Supercar Cup

Car selection is up to the individual however it needs to meet certain criteria:
No Race cars or Race modified cars
Power to Weight of the car in standard form must be less than 300. The Performance points of the car in standard form must be less than 600PP.

Below is a selection of cars that would be suitable, however if there is a car outside this list you want to race, just let me know and as long as its within criteria, it can be raced.

Tyres - Hard Slicks
Modifications are up to you, but race will be limited to 550pp

Track list and duration of this series will be available next week.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia
458 Italia
599 '06
F40 '92

Alfa 8C Competizione

Ford GT '02 - 06

Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640
Murcielago LP-670 SV

Lotus Elise 111R (Not Race Mod)

McLaren MP4-12C

Mercedes SLS
SLR McLaren
Nissan GT-R

Pagani Zonda C12 / C12S

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have a 40gb PS3 that needs the yellow light of death repaired. Sony wants $200 to repair it. I have it for sale for $100, please PM me if you are after a cheap PS3!

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
I'm using the 111R. Feel like I should have chosen an FR car since I have controller, and it's hard work keeping the lotus from oversteering. What times are everyone pushing on the new track? So far I'm at 2:52

Gold Chrome BBS do the trick :)

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a play with toe in/out to deal with the oversteer. That improved the horrible understeer of the Golf.

I haven't looked at the new track yet , but I reckon I'll go with the SLS. One of my favorite cars in the game , it gets regular use. :cool: