The Husky 100ker

bikeit

Squid
Hmm CP, Husky haven't sold out yet and Cobra Mtn was cancelled.

A sign that we hit critical mass for Enduros and some might drop off/not return after this year?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I'd definitely do it again this year if I could. I was one of my favourite days on a bike last year.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I'd definitely do it again this year if I could. I was one of my favourite days on a bike last year.
Im keen, even keener now it is part of the enduro series. I think this track has a little bit of something for everyone. I think times will go under the 4hr for the elite if its not so wet!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Cobra Mtn entry was transferred across, I hope. I'm really looking forward to this one. Great tracks down that way. :)

mooze

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys

- unless we've recieved an email specifically stating that you want a refund for Cobra you would have been automatically transferred across

- no camping this year - we have had requests but unfortunately with the increase in numbers we can't accomodate it - however the campground at myola still has some spots available

- entries are filling consistently - we've already gone through last years 750 but expect the final hundred to take a few more weeks to fill

Is this event sold out? Im interested in entering for the first time..

What are peoples opinions on this event? What are the trails like, average time to finish etc

Cheers

mooze

Likes Bikes
Hey All!
If you wanted to ride the course but didn't want to pay - we're after a couple of pre sweeps and sweeps for Saturday night and Sunday day - if you're interested shoot me a PM or email.
If you sweep/pre sweep you get an entry voucher for next year or another of our races.

Newton

Likes Dirt
Hey All!
If you wanted to ride the course but didn't want to pay - we're after a couple of pre sweeps and sweeps for Saturday night and Sunday day - if you're interested shoot me a PM or email.
If you sweep/pre sweep you get an entry voucher for next year or another of our races.

I've flicked this onto some mates, I'm pretty sure they be up for it. I rode sweep last year and really enjoyed the day.

mooze

Likes Bikes
Thanks Newton - and thank you very much all those who put their hands up to help out! :)

We now have plenty of volunteers for sweeping

Cheers All!

BTW for those not liking the commentary last year we do have a new commentator - any other suggestions more than welcome and we'll see what we can do.

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Was a great event last year, had a ball. Wish I could do it all again, but can't make it this year.

Best of luck!

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
BTW for those not liking the commentary last year we do have a new commentator - any other suggestions more than welcome and we'll see what we can do.
Hi - its a technical timing suggestion. Can all riders in the same bunch be given the same start time please? Like they do in (for example) the Tour de France?

The reason its an issue is that given the flatter nature of this course, the finishes are likely to be tighter, and there will be sprint finishes. The rider winning the sprint should be given the faster time / better result, not the one who started at the back of the bunch. It makes actually 'racing' people impossible otherwise.

Have I made sense?

Thanks

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Hi - its a technical timing suggestion. Can all riders in the same bunch be given the same start time please? Like they do in (for example) the Tour de France?

The reason its an issue is that given the flatter nature of this course, the finishes are likely to be tighter, and there will be sprint finishes. The rider winning the sprint should be given the faster time / better result, not the one who started at the back of the bunch. It makes actually 'racing' people impossible otherwise.

Have I made sense?

Thanks
Good post - not that I'm (ever) up there in the bunch sprint but I have wondered on some occasions whether it could affect the results... If your wave starts at 7:00... then it makes sense to all have the same time - otherwise no need to get a good possie on the start line etc.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Good post - not that I'm (ever) up there in the bunch sprint but I have wondered on some occasions whether it could affect the results... If your wave starts at 7:00... then it makes sense to all have the same time - otherwise no need to get a good possie on the start line etc.
Happened to me last year. I wondered why the dude never sprinted. He just sat on my wheel, got beat, and then said thanks. I didnt know what was going on.
When I saw the results, I realised he had done me by 0.5 of a second. I was delighted.
Still - should be an easy enough thing to implement for the organisers.

kerbs

Likes Bikes
Noted

Hi guys,

Noted. I'll discuss with the timing guys and see what they can do.

As you may remember, we start in waves of about 60 competitors about 2 minutes apart, to get through that first narrow track out the back of the golf course.

If the timing guys can bundle up each group of 60 riders, and put their start times back to an equal time. ie exactly 7:30.00, 7:32.00, 7:34.00 etc (same as the first starter for that wave), I see no reason why that couldn't work.

Only issue being if you sprint against someone who started in a completely different wave?!?! As I mentioned, we can't really go with a mass start or it would be mayhem leaving the golf course.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
If the timing guys can bundle up each group of 60 riders, and put their start times back to an equal time. ie exactly 7:30.00, 7:32.00, 7:34.00 etc (same as the first starter for that wave), I see no reason why that couldn't work.

Only issue being if you sprint against someone who started in a completely different wave?!?! As I mentioned, we can't really go with a mass start or it would be mayhem leaving the golf course.
That would be great. I dont think anyone minds the different waves - if there is someone that has made up 2mins, then good on them. Its just sprinting within each wave - as I assume the waves will be grouped by ability anyway.
I agree - a mass start would never work.
Same start time, within each group, would be ideal.

And thanks for taking the time to listen - small changes make a huge difference.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Or armed with this knowledge, start at the back of your start group and cross the mat as late as possible, then race back on to the back of the bunch knowing you've got a sneaky two minutes up your sleeve. :p