The Husky 100ker

Riderdown

Likes Bikes
Thanks from SCUM

I wished to thank BlackHeart Events on behalf of South Coast United Mountainbike club for the postponement of "THE" Husky Enduro.

We SCUM members take a great deal of pride in our trails and are continually working at maintaining and improving them for all to enjoy. The rain we've had has saturated the ground and our tracks have become a little vulnerable in places so we have been well pleased with the call.

SCUM members where keen to accommodate the new date and will now be having our club round that was set for Sunday the 7th on Saturday the 6th. More details will come as plans unfold.

We look forward to seeing you at "THE" Enduro.

Regards
Matt Grootenboer
On behalf of SCUM Members.

Last edited:

mooze

Likes Bikes
Do you need a drought broken out west? I'm sure we can come race! (Matt raced in Bellingen at Geoquest last weekend and look what's happened there now!)

Seriously though thanks all for the patience whilst we got a new date - we had considered doing a pre organised date but the issue we had is dependent on why we would have to postpone would be how long before we'd be able to use tracks again (I hope that makes sense) - ie total flood (major major beyond what's happened now) we'd probably need three months, in the case of this much rain - five - six weeks is good :) if it were bushfire would be a totally different case

Ta all for your understanding. BBQ and pineapple invitations still open :D

ETA - Thanks Matt - was also great to meet so many last night!

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
Crossmarks

Good luck using crossmarks. As a front tyre for Nowra's tracks I would say they are the worst ever. I lost count of how many times I lost the front while riding crossmarks. Almost no one uses them unless they want a tyre to wear out on the road between riding the dirt.
Poor technique I reckon, they are as good as Larsen TTs around Nowra.

DaviB

Cannon Fodder
latest weather

Still plenty of time but how has the weather been.
My observations of Point Perpendicular has zero rain since before 19th June.

Any medium range forecasters going to have a go??????

DaviB

dangersean

Likes Bikes
So how has the weather been in the region lately?
here in my neck of the woods (Sydney nth beaches) until tuesday the trails had still not dried out from the June deluge before we copped this current belting.
Sydney BOM radar shows that same cloud has been planted over the south coast also....
Wondering if we are going to get washed away? Or more importantly, will the trails be dry enough to send a heap of punters along them in two weeks time?
CBF syndrome is starting to set in for this event, but that could just be because of the weather making me feel lethargic.

struggles

Likes Dirt
I don't think the rain gods like this race. Since the last lot of rain that posponed it last time, we have had zero rain.

Then in the last 3 days I have had just over 100mm.

So start praying for 2 weeks of sunshine

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Yeah, I am up in the heads and have been getting non stop rain for most of this week.
My back yard is like a lake.
Coming home along Bolong Road today all the paddocks are under water.
Forecast says it may stay settled in until early to mid next week.

Newton

Likes Dirt
Any chance a local can check out the fire trails around Superbowl & Butterfly the Saturday before the race, the single tracks shouldn't be too bad, it's the clay on the fire trails that worries me. An update on the Saturday would help me decide if I'm heading down for the Sunday. The fire roads up near forest road should be a good indication as to what the rest of the trails will be like ...

Posting up the track condition would be a great help, thanks in advance ... :)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Any chance a local can check out the fire trails around Superbowl & Butterfly the Saturday before the race, the single tracks shouldn't be too bad, it's the clay on the fire trails that worries me. An update on the Saturday would help me decide if I'm heading down for the Sunday. The fire roads up near forest road should be a good indication as to what the rest of the trails will be like ...

Posting up the track condition would be a great help, thanks in advance ... :)
I might be able to head down that weekend (will check calendar). If I can get down there I'll post some pics and a bit of an update.

struggles

Likes Dirt
I can probably ride home from work that way on the Friday before the race.

Will ride from Coondoo to Superbowl and Butterfly and get some photo's.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I can probably ride home from work that way on the Friday before the race.

Will ride from Coondoo to Superbowl and Butterfly and get some photo's.
Thanks struggles, just got home and had a look at calendar and can't make it down on the Saturday. Sorry Newton.

mooze

Likes Bikes
Matt will be on the ground from Tuesday, unfortunately I don't get in until late Thursday night/Friday morning due to work. We'll provide updates as we can once we've been able to get out on the trails and really check them.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I'm looking forward to this - hopefully it'll go ahead as planned.

It'll also be my first race so am keen to see how it goes! I think i read that last year, the average time for the 50kms was 3 hours, so that's what i'm going to aim for. It'd be interesting to see the distribution of timings for riders doing the 50kms.

I'm also assuming that the start/end-point are the same. Is this the case? I'll be heading down from Sydney solo so won't have a car waiting at the end if it isn't a loop!