The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
IT's actually my 2015 target that I failed to reach after munting my back for 6 months. I set out hoping to smash it as a way of saying fuck you to 2015 and this thread was part of that effort as well. My overall aim is to see how many kms I can rack up and then top it in 2017 with a couple of endurance events thrown in the mix.

I do have a one month holiday where the bike won't be joining us and a deep, dark winter to navigate yet. These last 4 months have been me trying to get ahead of the curve.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
IT's actually my 2015 target that I failed to reach after munting my back for 6 months. I set out hoping to smash it as a way of saying fuck you to 2015 and this thread was part of that effort as well. My overall aim is to see how many kms I can rack up and then top it in 2017 with a couple of endurance events thrown in the mix.

I do have a one month holiday where the bike won't be joining us and a deep, dark winter to navigate yet. These last 4 months have been me trying to get ahead of the curve.
Winter can be a perverse pleasure and a motivator in a way - there is an odd pleasure in being out in dodgy weather and it can be fun so long as you know there is a warm shower at the end! See rule 9 of the Velomati ;)

My autumn got missed and I am now into winter riding... Minus 5 mornings await me...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Winter can be a perverse pleasure and a motivator in a way - there is an odd pleasure in being out in dodgy weather and it can be fun so long as you know there is a warm shower at the end! See rule 9 of the Velomati ;)

My autumn got missed and I am now into winter riding... Minus 5 mornings await me...
Plenty of layers. I was out in 10 degrees with 70km/h wind gusts the other night having a ball. Wide bars come in handy in high winds, you still get blown off line badly.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wind has been pretty brutal up here as well, sick to death of riding in it. Was on a bit of flat yesterday and had to stand up to keep moving forward.

Haakon

I still love the winter commutes home - pitch black, pissing down with rain and hoping the headlight battery makes it. A bit of adventure on a Tuesday evening :)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Ticked over 3000km today. Sold my roadie, so I'm stuck doing all my km's with the Kona, 1x11 CX bike. Looking at getting another MTB soon, so hopefully get some dirt km's in the 2nd half of the year.

3031km
37,631m elevation
151h 32m

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
just ticked over 3k for the year as well! Average/wk is slowly climbing toward the 200k mark, which is where I want to be at for the year.

Best of all, doing most of this on the CX bike means it's pretty fun! Had a blast (despite freezing my manboobs off) yesterday - up the stromlo road, down western wedgetail/casuarina/double diss, back on the road for a few km, then into the woods again toward the arboretum..

Canberra is a pretty rad place to do some adventure commutes!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have now slipped to 200km behind the required rate today. Really need to pull the finger out. Wanted to be 200km behind at the end of winter, not the start!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Hit 3300 yesterday. Lots of commuting recently which has helped with the total. Did up a spreadsheet to help keep track of where I'm up to. Currently need to do 27km a day to reach target of 9000km.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
My totals currently are:

7343km
84249m climbing
168rides
285hours

Last 4 rides were all off road at the Port to Port as well which was cool

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm on 2350, which is 150 away from my target. Once I hit 2500 I might try and focus on elevation or something, would like to see the year out with a 130 a week average. I have a month overseas without a bike and always fear the potential for injury so I'm looking forward to hitting the first goal of distance so I can lock in that little bit of satisfaction for the year.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
2160km, allowing for some winter slow down and some time interstate, I'm on track for my 4000km.

You might need to increase your goal to 4500km johnny, you've smashed the first one.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
I'm on 2350, which is 150 away from my target. Once I hit 2500 I might try and focus on elevation or something, would like to see the year out with a 130 a week average. I have a month overseas without a bike and always fear the potential for injury so I'm looking forward to hitting the first goal of distance so I can lock in that little bit of satisfaction for the year.
nice work :)

Haakon

It's been the best part of 5 weeks with one or two pissweak short rides... Annual target looking mighty hard to reach... :(

Lung infection, work trips, moving house. Bla bla all I'm hearing is excuses... Time to remove finger!!

slowmick

38-39"
Finished my third season (spring, summer autumn) of riding 75% of the days. did my first ride in serious rain today. winter is going to be hard to maintain the enthusiasm to ride 75% of the days. there's going to be a lot of washing to do...