The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Good to crack the 3,000 km mark mate!

I'm sitting on 3,600 km, but mostly road km's with a few good overnighters and weeks of touring. Have decided to revise my target down and focus on quality not quantity. Haven't ridden MTB for 9 months and feel like I got sucked into the recent CX/Gravel Grinder phase. Looking at building up a simple hard tail, load up the tent few a couple of weekends and get up the Blue Mountains with no real plan km or distance-wise.

ers

Likes Dirt
Manly Dam
1st Recorded Attempt
Time: 65mins
Dismounts: 18
Walks: 5
Crashes: 2

3rd time on it, didn't keep stats 1st two but know I have improved. Attacked a lot more, (helped partly by pride due to onlookers - luckily there were none for the stacks)
As I get fitter I know I can lose some of the walks, but I imagine crashes will go up as I ride more aggressively.
Feeling good already
ers

Now that I see this, I think it is a bit incongruous here. Will repost as a new thread

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well... bumped up the K's to 12000, decided on a dry July... pity the weather didnt decide on a dry-July. First ride this week was last night, then out again today.

Was hoping to pull the 400km gap closed this month but a couple of rides in 7 days with this pissin weather is not going to cut it.

Attachments

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Now that I see this, I think it is a bit incongruous here. Will repost as a new thread
Nah, don't worry about it mate, it's fine here and fits well enough, I reckon.

Yeah, I took the week off except for a 10 clicker on Monday. my knee wasn't healing after going over on ice and my legs had been gradually getting sorer and sorer as weeks went by. Plus, it was good timing to give my body some healing time as the cold and wet down here was really becoming a grind and I think the brain needed a break as well. I can deal with the cold but the wet meant that all my K's were on bike paths and roads, which bores the shit out of me.

Knee feels a lot better for the 5 days off, might go for a light ride around the lake tomorrow to get things moving again.

ozzybmx

When you have to force yourself, its good to take a small break. A few vehicle powered commutes, let the knee heal up and give the legs breather.
Dry days with fresh legs will let the mojo flow.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
I'm struggling @ the 2000km mark. Quads get sore after 50km and then cramps set in... Not sure what's going on!

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

ozzybmx

Put in a good 400km effort last week to make a dent in the deficit.... and have now sat for 3 days watching the best of SA winter, wind and driven rain.

Just as well this great country only has that shit weather for a couple of months a year, with a few nice days here and there.

Attachments

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I have managed 50km in the last 3 weeks. Fulminant man flu, followed by shit weather, followed by an interstate trip. I'm getting fat too.

ozzybmx

I have managed 50km in the last 3 weeks. Fulminant man flu, followed by shit weather, followed by an interstate trip. I'm getting fat too.
The flu is usually a weight loss session in disguise :biggrin1:

I got a few 70km return rides to work in, all roadie, actually apart from a quick blip on my CX, it was all road last week. Cant bear to destroy trails and get my my gleaming MTB's dirty just for the sake of it, got 10 months a year to ride them without causing damage.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, the weather has been so farking shiiiiite down here this winter - the wind and rain have been relentless. I had to take a week off after slipping on ice and almost all km's in the last month have been on tarmac because the place is one big farking puddle.

ozzybmx

BOOOOMMM... smashed that MoFo today with a 150km and 3110vm ride.

Now in front for the first time.

Attachments

slowmick

38-39"
Clocked over 12 months of increased riding on Wednesday. Started on September 1 last year with a plan to ride 75% of the days in spring to help overcome a lot of sitting on the couch and eating sugary food. Spring became summer became Autumn and then Winter. I managed to finish the year with riding 78% of the days. that said it has sucked a lot of the fun out of riding. I think i peaked around February with my speeds and it has slowly become a slugfest since then. I have been riding a mostly before work on fire roads and bike tracks. i'm not that excited about it anymore. my available time is still pretty much the same but at least now it is getting lighter and warmer. On the downside we are now into Magpie season.

How are you all going and what are you doing to keep it fresh? I have not ridden the last 2 days as I just cant be bothered dragging my ass out of bed. Plan is to give it another go tomorrow morning. Need to do some maintenance over the weekend too - riding through winter and putting the bike away wet day after day plays havoc with the drive train.

ozzybmx

Damn... got up and hammered the FROE (Flinders Outback Epic) 205km race in 9:09h. Long story short, wrong insoles, foot pain at 150km, tracked kneecap in the wrong grove for 2.5hrs. Now been nearly 2 weeks and cant manage more than 20km without 2 x 400g Brufen and a painkiller. Deficit... 360km behind. This pain betta fekk off quick smart of I'll be under cooked for the year.

Target - 12000km
So far - 9705km
Behind target - 360km

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I havn't had a good late winter, sitting just shy of 4K, my goal of no road miles is gone due to geat vic bike rider training at my daughter's school
stil hopin for 5k total, don't think ill quite get there -maybe ill enter the 6hr at Bendigo to getsome miles up

ozzybmx

That is a nice goal!. Hope the knee comes right and you kick it.
Cheers Hamsta, got a Tassie trip nearly the whole month of December so its looking pretty grim on the target.

I had a go anyway, my target was 10,265 which was 1km more than last year but I was always ahead on it, so I upped it to 12000 a few months back, got in front for a while too.