The last movie you've last watched last

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lucky Number Slevin. Killer movie!
Why does this movie have two titles? I've seen it on Showtime (Foxtel) twice, once as Lucky Number Slevin, and once as something else along the lines of The...something. Perhaps just a Foxtel naming error for the month? Anyone have any more info on this?

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
The Black Balloon

If there was ever an argument for reforming Australian film production, this is it. I've been studying Australian film and distribution/content legislation this semester, and Australian's generally don't mae films people want to see. Well, you should all see this. Absolutely hearbreaking, follows 15 year old Thomas' journey to acceptance of his older autistic brother, with the help of his new girlfriend Jackie. Very funny, but also very touching. 9/10.

The Baader-Meinhof Complex

Very violent and convoluted, but thought provoking. Follows the story of the Baader-Meinhof terrorist group, also known as the Red Army Faction, which worked in Germany throughout the 1960's and 70's, seeking to promote the left wing as a reaction to their parents of the Nazi generation. Very left-wing and communist in its themes, and there's strangely no character you'll feel a strong affiliation with. Definitely worth watching, you'll start unlocking your inner revolutionary. 7/10

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugsy Malone

Loved it as a kid, showed it to the kids today and they love it too... terrific soundtrack as well.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Has anybody seen the informant?

Opinions?
Saw it last night. Worth watching I reckon. Production made me think a little of Ocean's Eleven which I suppose isn't really suprising, but I thought that the narration was used to great effect. I wasn't familiar with the story either, so it didn't really go quite where I expected, which was nice.

Watched a couple of movies last week too, one which I can't remember the name of, but it was about the move towards ending apartheid, and negotiations facilitated by a British company that owned the gold fields. Whatever the name was, it was a nice flick too.

Then there was Monster Shark vs. Giant Octopus, a movie that I would call the most awesome film ever, except I'm still yet to see The Room in full (actually, does anyone know where I can get it on Region 4 DVD?)

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kick-Ass certainly lives up to it's name. Probably best film I've seen this year - sick, twisted, excessively violent and above all piss-yourself-uncontrollably funny!
Really? I felt the exact opposite after viewing.. For me it was along the lines of Date Movie, Epic Movie try-hard sort of humour. A good example of subjectivity in the cinema industry.. still don't know how it got 8 point something on IMDB.

Recents:

Delicatessen - french film shot by Darius Khondji (Se7en), amazingly shot, story is unusual/ or just plan mad - crazy but enjoyable. 8/10

Mask of Satan - old horror (devil/satanic) movies at their most predictable.. I had to do an oral exam on this film so most likely killed all enjoyment of it.. 4/10 for some interesting cinematography..

Bermshot

Banned
Can't be bothered going through the whole thread. I'm sure 'Enemy of the State' has been raised, but when they are in the train tunnel and asking questions and the dude in the beanie says "he was a think tank" that did it for me.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tank girl. 11/10

anyone seen the new karate kid? Not sure if it will ruin the original for me...?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that an ironic statement? I've not seen the film myself but by all accounts it was supposed to be absolutely f***ing woeful! Lori Petty did have a knack for being extremely annoying in everything else she was in back in the 90's
A-Team 8/10: ONLY go and see it if you like explosions, fight scenes, explosions, comedy, explosions, insane wtf moments, explosions, awesome chase scenes, explosions, more comedy, explosions... did I mention explosions?

But seriously, it was genuinely funny, and had lots of explosions

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that an ironic statement? I've not seen the film myself but by all accounts it was supposed to be absolutely f***ing woeful! Lori Petty did have a knack for being extremely annoying in everything else she was in back in the 90's
I honestly thought it was hilarious! Certainly a d grade film, but it doubled as pretty light humour!

wombat

Lives in a hole
Defendor: The cover at video ezy said "If you like this, rent 'Zombieland'". I can only assume that the bit they forgot to print was: "...because it's totally fucking different".
That's not to say I didn't like Defendor, but if you're looking for a light hearted, laugh inducing flick with some potentially dark overtones, this sure as hell isn't it; in fact I found it pretty damn depressing.
Of course that could be more because I was expecting something funny.

Fuck you Video Ezy. If you're going to make movie recommendations how about you try reading beyond the first line of the cast list.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A-Team 8/10: ONLY go and see it if you like explosions, fight scenes, explosions, comedy, explosions, insane wtf moments, explosions, awesome chase scenes, explosions, more comedy, explosions... did I mention explosions?

But seriously, it was genuinely funny, and had lots of explosions
yeah i liked a-team, thought it was really funny.
Probably give it 8/10 as well

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watching the Star Wars prequels having never seen them after all these years...

Phantom Menace - What a load of utter rubbish 2/10. A half decent scripts is a good idea to have in movies.. also ideas that make sense. And the story is really a case of who cares?

Attack of The Clones - Had one or two good scenes while the rest was absolute crap.. 3/10.

Going to try the next one and see whether it is any better... then hopefully never watch them ever again.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Watching the Star Wars prequels having never seen them after all these years...

Phantom Menace - What a load of utter rubbish 2/10. A half decent scripts is a good idea to have in movies.. also ideas that make sense. And the story is really a case of who cares?

Attack of The Clones - Had one or two good scenes while the rest was absolute crap.. 3/10.

Going to try the next one and see whether it is any better... then hopefully never watch them ever again.
You're way better off watching the review!