The last movie you've last watched last

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. It is.
I agree spike, I really liked civil war but infinity war takes that darker tone way further. Only thing Marvel did wrong was have their future comic book movie releases in the public space. Kinda gives away what has to happen in the second part of infinity..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Saw infinity war on saturday........ them feels! A kid was all dressed up as spiderman too hahaha!

Also I know it’s not a movie, but watched the book of mormon yesterday, that was damn funny.

Minlak

custom titis
Partly this.

I mean, I dont mind the existence of franchises, but not everything has to be a franchise FFS.

I also think the problem is partly just forgetting that the story is actually important to get right before you make the film.
Completely agree however MONEY!!! Nearly every movie I have seen for the last 5yrs leaves it in such a way a sequel could be done. Or they just write the sequel in such as way as to make you believe its a continuation.
For me even worse is the proliferation of remakes especially retellings think all of the spiderman series if you want an example. Or the Hulk movies for that matter.
As some one who was of movie watching age when Star Wars came out I have never sat through any of the movies made after return of the Jedi. I struggle with prequels as you already know the fate of the protagonists / characters. Even though it is rare for the main characters to die in any movie it ads the tension when you have an unpredictable outcome.

Beej1

...I have never sat through any of the movies made after return of the Jedi. I struggle with prequels as you already know the fate of the protagonists / characters.
You're not missing much with the prequel episodes 1 - 3. Bad ... bad filmmaking. Despite the fact that yes ... the outcome is known, Annakin becoming Vader could've been a truly awesome story. But ... no.

I loathe The Farce Awakens and Not Quite The Last Jedi.

But surprisingly, I enjoyed (the prequel) Rogue One. Take out the attempt at CGI younger versions of dead or older (and then, sadly also dead) actors, and it's quite a solid film ... despite also suffering from knowing exactly what the outcome will be.

I think I'm the only person looking forward to the upcoming Han Solo origin film.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I watched the trailer for that recently. Prepare to be hurt...it looks terrible in every way possible. While there was bad dialogue and terrible acting pouring at me, the worst thing was their need for formula. The robot in rogue one worked so we need a robot just like that...or so it appeared.

stirk

Burner
You're not missing much with the prequel episodes 1 - 3. Bad ... bad filmmaking. Despite the fact that yes ... the outcome is known, Annakin becoming Vader could've been a truly awesome story. But ... no.

I loathe The Farce Awakens and Not Quite The Last Jedi.

But surprisingly, I enjoyed (the prequel) Rogue One. Take out the attempt at CGI younger versions of dead or older (and then, sadly also dead) actors, and it's quite a solid film ... despite also suffering from knowing exactly what the outcome will be.

I think I'm the only person looking forward to the upcoming Han Solo origin film.
The fan films are in some ways much better than the big movies.

Just look up star wars fan film.

They are very short but some have better character development in 2 minutes than an entire recent star wars movie.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's not hard. The current run are struggling to offer 1 dimensional characters, even the old ones they have used!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I just get ready to heave when I hear movies called 'Franchises'.

This means to me that the first one was decent enough to make some $$ without a shitcanning by the critics. Subsequent sequels are rubbish but marketed sharply with a slick trailer laced with CGI but after sitting through it are in reality as entertaining as cutting your toenails.

Franchise's should be left for chicken shops and grass cutting companies.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I just get ready to heave when I hear movies called 'Franchises'.

This means to me that the first one was decent enough to make some $$ without a shitcanning by the critics. Subsequent sequels are rubbish but marketed sharply with a slick trailer laced with CGI but after sitting through it are in reality as entertaining as cutting your toenails.

Franchise's should be left for chicken shops and grass cutting companies.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
I really enjoyed Lawnmower Man 2 Return of the Jim. Just a shame Pierce Brosnan didn't reprise his roll...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I have watched about 20 movies in planes during the last few weeks and the majority of them have been pretty dire, one standout though was Darkest Hour- good story and great acting - 4.5 star.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Love my comics but Suicide Squad was the control for how action/CGI can't cover for bad story/script/concept.

Minlak

custom titis
I want to go and see Infinity War but I detest multi movies. What if I die in the next year never knowing what happened. I refused to see Lord of the Rings until the last one was released same with A Hobbits Tale.

I will go and see Deadpool 2 however. i may even embrace the crowds to see it earlier. I normally wait until its been out a few weeks to lessen the crowds. I am concerned however that they will try too hard to set up jokes this time.