The last movie you've last watched last

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Was enjoyable but there are just so many plot holes. Like:

1. Why not use nukes?
  2. Why not just blow the ship up?
  3. Seriously why wouldn't you just use the 1000s of nukes humans have in storage?
  4. If we can time travel, can't we just transport matter (ie a nuke) from a to where the whole thing begins?
Dr Strangelove had it right back in the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Same issues I had with The Quiet Place.
There's like 7 billion people on the planet and a lot of them are very heavily armed. How in the hell are humanity driven to post apocalyptic population numbers by spindly weaponless angry gollums?

The movie version of 'The Mist' had it right with its 'happy' ending.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
it's a nice bridge...
Alright, don't use nukes.

Use:
Armour piercing incendiary rounds
Depleted uranium rounds
CIWS
Artillery
MLRS
Napalm
Cluster bombs
Explosive copper jets
Hyperbaric weapons
Chemical weapons
Tungsten dropped from orbit
Dirty bombs using short lived isotopes

On the organic front, assuming the antagonists are carbon based, we have access to some lovely flesh eating bacteria that is anti-biotic resistant. We also have access to wondrous weapons of the future like gene drives. That's before we consider what might be possible with prions and viruses.

Humans are pretty good at destruction when we're not worried about things like civilian casualties and stuff. Verdun was over a century ago and there wasn't a tree left standing for miles.

All of these alien movies just conveniently ignore heavy/chemical/nuclear weapons and the carnage they can dish out.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Use:
Depleted uranium rounds
CIWS
Artillery
MLRS
Napalm
Cluster bombs
Explosive copper jets
Hyperbaric weapons
Chemical weapons

On the organic front, assuming the antagonists are carbon based, we have access to some lovely flesh eating bacteria that is anti-biotic resistant. We also have access to wondrous weapons of the future like gene drives. That's before we consider what might be possible with prions and viruses.

Humans are pretty good at destruction when we're not worried about things like civilian casualties and stuff. Verdun was over a century ago and there wasn't a tree left standing for miles.

All of these alien movies just conveniently ignore heavy/chemical/nuclear weapons and the carnage they can dish out.

It's easier to cheer for the triumphant underdog, than the megalomanical, genocidal warmongers.

it's a nice bridge...

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Use:
Depleted uranium rounds
CIWS
Artillery
MLRS
Napalm
Cluster bombs
Explosive copper jets
Hyperbaric weapons
Chemical weapons

I hope you never become President of the US.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Use:
Depleted uranium rounds
CIWS
Artillery
MLRS
Napalm
Cluster bombs
Explosive copper jets
Hyperbaric weapons
Chemical weapons

I note that's very fashionable currently (and has been for some time) to have movie aliens that are completely impervious to all conventional weaponry because reasons. Gimmie a bit of vulnerable yet technologically superior aliens who don't check earth's gravity before they land so their weapons go all wonky ala Battle Los Angeles, or vulnerable yet technologically superior aliens in a leadership vacuum ala District 9.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Same issues I had with The Quiet Place.
There's like 7 billion people on the planet and a lot of them are very heavily armed. How in the hell are humanity driven to post apocalyptic population numbers by spindly weaponless angry gollums?

The movie version of 'The Mist' had it right with its 'happy' ending.
Might have to watch that. I like Gollums

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kid wanted to camp in the back yard last night on the coldest night of the year so far. fortunately we stayed up and watched Luca on disney and the kid forgot about our expedition after that. A good fun family movie, and i didnt have think too much about the lack of realism in a movie about a sea monster riding a bike

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I never picked you as someone who would be so openly xenophobic.
I'm not. All are welcome to join my galactic super power of fast breeding, genius scientists that have uploaded their minds into hyper efficient killer robots.

Everyone else is livestock for my bio-reactors.