The logic behind dinner plate's, 50t+ cassette's

Flow-Rider

Burner
Postage from the US is shit. I don't buy anywhere as much from Ebay anymore because of the postage cost to here. Some(my wife) would say that is a good thing though
Yep, the cheap postage from China is dodgy as too, so even the grey imports are becoming uneconomical if you have to choose the more expensive post.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lesson learned about only using hubs where you can convert drivers/axles.

I’ll see myself out.
See, you are confusing me with someone who knows what he is doing.

When I initially got the bike and discovered the 615g lead weight NX HG driver dinnerplate... I was pretty grumpy. But it turns out that there’s a zillion lightweight aftermarket options, but I’ve just gotta find one that lasts more than 6 months. I’m feeling bullish about the Bolany. If it goes crap, I may yet go shimano 10 x, or that 9 x new player in town.

moorey

call me Mia

When I initially got the bike and discovered the 615g lead weight NX HG driver dinnerplate... I was pretty grumpy. But it turns out that there’s a zillion lightweight aftermarket options, but I’ve just gotta find one that lasts more than 6 months. I’m feeling bullish about the Bolany. If it goes crap, I may yet go shimano 10 x, or that 9 x new player in town.
Why are you skipping 11sp as an option?
The 11-46 XT is 440g. Not featherweight, but not NX weight.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
If I could have 10 speed 2x with 32/22 chainrings and a 11/36 cassette... I would have light, strong, cheap and centralised mass.

Your go.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Can you prove the rule wrong?
Never looked into the actual weights, but I thought the sunrace 10sp cassettes were fairly close to the xt cassettes I replaced, and cost less, and are all still going strong.

*Post may not contain any actual proof

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Never looked into the actual weights, but I thought the sunrace 10sp cassettes were fairly close to the xt cassettes I replaced, and cost less, and are all still going strong.

*Post may not contain any actual proof

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
11sp is 500g and $90-100. Not that much heavier than XT, and also that much cheaper.

XT level has always been the sweet spot of the 3 for me.
Some say it’s not cheap.
Some say it’s not light.
Most find it strong enough.

gillyske

Likes Dirt

I'm using a 12sp sunshine cassette, doesn't really shift well though. But it's held up for longer than 6 months