The logic behind dinner plate's, 50t+ cassette's

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
It's probably already been said but having the dinner plate means you can go larger up front so less compromised gearing.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Well my ztto 11-50 dinnerplate crapped itself a few weeks ago, so I got 6 months out of it. They, as in ztto, didn’t have a warranty period and offered a pathetic discount on a new one, which was still more than only a cursory glance on ebay was on offer. So yeah na… I’m not spending +$300 to have the same issues. So, this time I went with a Bolany where the four biggest rings are alloy, for only a slight weight penalty over the ztto, but almost half price, with 12 month (yeah right) warranty.

Backpedalling, is better on the new one over the ztto, with it only derailing on the granny, and the shifting is definitely better too. The ztto, you couldn’t back pedal on the bottom three, which was a PITA, for tooling around popping (admittedly hopeless) monos and manuals. I like to back pedal to get the cranks where I want them before popping, and bent quite a few teeth on the ztto that way. Anyway, time will tell… and if it fails, I’ll revert back to the nx lead weight sinker and then get to find out if the Bolany 12 month warranty is balony.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Never seen a cassette fail like that before - you must have phenomenal cosmic power in your legs.
Oh yeah, cosmic power fer sure.

Yeah na, I just reckon they use pretty soft cheesy steel so their cnc machine doesn't get all tired out.

But in their defence, I was riding up the insanely steep bit between Upwey footy ground and the high school, and as I shifted down at the pinch, I heard something go ping.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Once upon a time the chain would have snapped in that situation sending you into the bars or into the ground. maybe soft cheese saved this.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
So ztto need to offer something in the way of warranty if they wish to trade in Australia....
I wouldn't cop that on a $300 product

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Can you replace the 2 lowest cogs with 40 something + 50 by removing the rivets wont be as light though ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Some of the Ztto youtube reviews hold some truth then ahye, I bought one of the Ztto BBs and on the outside it looks identical to the Shimano one but on closer inspection, the bearings aren't sealed as well.

moorey

call me Mia
Used to be able to get the GX 11sp XD for around $100. That’s all I use on most bikes unless I spot a cheap, used X1

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The NX is a Shimano HG driver... an XD driver won’t work with my bike, regardless of the cost.