The Mont 2013.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a pretty long lap, and looks to be a few hills in it too. Only the guns will get in under an hour?

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
How many vertical metres? Couldn't see that number anywhere. Looking forward to it very very much!!!

loc81

Likes Dirt
415m is a number I see on Strava. It's going to be a tough race!
Ah good old reliable strava¡
I saw a 25km loop on there with 155m elevation difference. And people were doing it in a little over an hour. I get confused with this elevation stuff- Gain? Difference?
I got the impression it wasn't very hilly at all- someone please reply saying I'm right!
From the footage I've seen it doesn't look very technical either?
Also hoping the forecast is wrong too!

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Its a bit under 20km, not very technical, sub 1hr lap time if you don't get held up and my Garmin counted 435m of climbing. Some of the new track is bumpy with loose sketchy corners. Currently very dusty.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You have to look at a total ride to get total elevation, segments only show difference.

A few people look like they've done the course in the last week, and it shows total elevation over the 21km of 400m about.

For comparison the scott 12km lap last year was 230m, the blue lap was 270m for 14.5km. So its roughly equivalent to the Scott in metres gained per km.

Though when you think of the scott, most people would say the red loop was heaps more climbing, because the climb is all in one go, you dont notice the cimbing so much when its gradual - which from memory is more like it is at Kowen

On the plus side, the last 3km is pretty much all down hill! yay.

link to a ride I found

http://app.strava.com/activities/5457673

Last edited:

frensham

Likes Dirt
Thanks gents - see you at kowan!!!
Kowen

400m over 20.3 kilomtres is not much climbing at all. There are no big climbs like the Scott. About the worst would be Love Child, and in the dark last year there was a drummer, then a guitarist to take away the pain.....

kjekabsons

Likes Dirt
I'm coming to watch a friend race, and might bring my dh bike just to ride around on. Would it be possible to go to the dh track and do laps, or is this to far from the mont site ?

morgs

morgs
I'm coming to watch a friend race, and might bring my dh bike just to ride around on. Would it be possible to go to the dh track and do laps, or is this to far from the mont site ?
This sort of got answered on the thread in general but, no, not the easiest thing to do, the Kowen DH track is off the Sutton Road, it'd take you forever to ride there on a sled. The only other runs worth doing on a DH bike are generally being ridden on in the race, the only exception is possibly Web Track into the top of Rolling Thunder, but it's a fair old push for you to get there and not really something I'd encourage.

ming

Likes Bikes
Stromlo is a 30-40 minute drive away - is that an option?

Otherwise you can ride Sparrow Hill without getting in the way of the race. Big Wednesday is a fun AM track.