The Mont 2013.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Been raining on and off for the last two days, but expected to dry out tonight/tomorrow. Bring your baby wipes team, this could get very muddy!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely was a great course. 29er Dually for next bike though....

Can someone explain to me why pedalling up Drunken Noodle seemed like the hardest thing in the world?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Definitely was a great course. 29er Dually for next bike though....
We won the 4-man over 40's on 26ers and placed 6th overall. The bike doesn't really matter nearly as much as what the marketers would like you to think. Each lap involved hundreds of sprints/accelerations as you moved through other rides. I think a 29er would not have been any advantage and unless it had a 1200g wheelset it would have been a distinct disadvantage.

Was an awesome event, so many fantastic people out on the course, I had many micro-chats with people along the way and couldn't believe the great sense of spirit out on the track.

morgs

morgs
Drunken Noodle was surprisingly hard work. It's not even that steep, but the dirt there seemed different, softer somehow.
Yeh, the lower slopes are baked hard and really hard to build a track on, but when you get up the slope a little the forest there hasn't ever been felled, so there's been no ripping of the soil and the pine needles and other organic matter have built up quite deeply. It's like the pine bark in a kids playground it's so springy in places.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Yeh, the lower slopes are baked hard and really hard to build a track on, but when you get up the slope a little the forest there hasn't ever been felled, so there's been no ripping of the soil and the pine needles and other organic matter have built up quite deeply. It's like the pine bark in a kids playground it's so springy in places.
Our team decided that the world was spinning the wrong way up there. More fun than your explanation:)

Great event- as others have said, a great vibe on course.

ponyrider

Likes Bikes
Drunken Noodle
Far out I'm glad someone else said it. Yeah, felt slow through there every time. That makes me feel heaps better! Anyway, great event, friendly folk everywhere, lots of camraderie out on track, good showers and toilets. But seriously, I only noticed the rubber snakes on my first night lap and had a slight moment there! Loved the dueling banjos also ...squeal like a pig!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Me three on Drunken Noodle, that bit sucked big time. Rest of the course was awesome, I even liked some of the climbing sections. Loved the elevated structures including the 2 little ones you could jump off.

frensham

Likes Dirt
The scientific explanation for Drunken Noodle is that there is a localised increase in the gravitational constant (ie gravity sucks more). This is why the seismic station was built nearby to measure the regular fluctuations in the area.

morgs

morgs
The scientific explanation for Drunken Noodle is that there is a localised increase in the gravitational constant (ie gravity sucks more). This is why the seismic station was built nearby to measure the regular fluctuations in the area.
Or that after reaching a dizzying 900 metres in the far east you're suffering from oxygen starvation....

nimmersatt

Likes Bikes
probably a bit early, but someone has to ask... - any pics yet? lots of photographers out on track...
amazing event btw. and how good was 'love you long time' at night!

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Aurora Images

Hey riders. thanks for attending our little race. Aurora Images were shooting right throughout the weekend. They probably melted a few terrabyte drives in the process, so give them a few days to get their zeros and ones lined up and then check out their site www.auroraimages.com.au

probably a bit early, but someone has to ask... - any pics yet? lots of photographers out on track...
amazing event btw. and how good was 'love you long time' at night!