The Most Underrated Bike Companys

Firemanmikey

Likes Dirt
Fuji

Just purchased my daughter a Fuji mtb... Full XT spec with Ritchey bit and Sid race forks, with race wheels come down to just on 8kg.
She liikes it, and didnt break the bank, about minimum of $1500 less than any other xt spec hardtail race bike.

camtb

Likes Dirt
I don't know about getting a bergamont, I dont think theres any importer in Australia, you may have to try sort out an order straight through them?
cant be sure though...

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
Mondraker, they look the goods, Fabien always has a trick bike. Same idea behind them as the specialized, the DH bike looks like a bitchin' version of a Sunday. If they came into the country i would snap one up for sure.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For that touch of old school class you can't go past a Brodie - pitty they fell off the mainstream radar - still a good following in Canada though

camtb

Likes Dirt
Australias Right, Its amazing they don't have more popularity, there bikes look sick! Maybe its just cause they don't really make a full downhill rig?
I know they used to, but this year they look more all mountain oriented, still look amazing though...

camtb

Likes Dirt
I like the frame on that beast, not too sure on their choice on graphics though, and would look better if some of the parts were positioned better (seat dropped etc etc)

Still like it, looks mint

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
In all fairness a lot of people underrate Kona's downhill rigs but if you ask anyone that owns or has owned one that say they are fantastic.

NSR

Likes Dirt
my bottom of the line apollo reckless 'freeride ht' is pre underrated.
i run it as sort of a dj/skatepark rig, and it is pure awesome!
i have had it for two years, and have ridden it solidly for the whole time, and it is still in perfect condition.
sure, most of the original parts are broken (i have replaced all but the frame), the frame shows no signs of wear or cracking.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Superco make some awesome bikes but are not very known.

The DH bike was designed by one of the founders of Brooklyn machine works who left and joined Superco.
Yeah but the DH bike(Silencer)isn't made yet, and there's a queue waiting for them,BB was only 13.5 or 13 on the test bike(s)with 9" travel, bit low for me, but still a rad bike, the BMW Racelink that was designed by the same designer(DOC)is still one of my favorite designs.
The Superco is made by some trick steel also(self heat treating, "Supertherm")making it fairly light also.
Hope they get produced soon.

Fusion Terminator, if I didn't have my Turner i'd be chasing this. Nice and simple, and it works.
Yeah I think these are a great design also.

i reckon nicolai.
always pushing the envelope
Yeah nice bikes, But a lot of Engineering for the sake of it in most cases, and they're just a low single pivot, or a Intense M1, hardly pushing the envelope, at least they've made a gearbox bike(unfortunatly heavy though).
I'd go with Appalache also, and that Zeroed should be good, as the bike it was copied from is one of the best DH bikes ever made.
there are heaps of underated bikes though, even Specilizeds were before Sam was rockin one.

Last edited:

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mondraker, they look the goods, Fabien always has a trick bike. Same idea behind them as the specialized, the DH bike looks like a bitchin' version of a Sunday. If they came into the country i would snap one up for sure.

looks like a really slack head angle,
looks amazing thoe

Barnsy

Likes Dirt
Like most proper DH rigs the mondraker has an adjustable head angle, that and the fork's set at it highest possible setting.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Like most proper DH rigs the mondraker has an adjustable head angle, that and the fork's set at it highest possible setting.
What a load of crap. Adjustable head angle doesn't make it a "Proper DH bike".
How many bikes have adjustable head angles? How many will fail there due to it? How many people ever adjust it anyway? Most bikes have room to move raising the forks, or running a bigger headset(same result).
Sure adjustable head angle is great in theory, and may be well executed on some bikes, but not worth the added weight IMO.

Last edited: