The New Dad thread

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found out a little while ago we're going for round 3 :fear:

Really weren't planning on one this soon after the second but there you go. Might be time to have the plumbing fixed after this one.

Minlak

custom titis

Really weren't planning on one this soon after the second but there you go. Might be time to have the plumbing fixed after this one.
Congrats..... Don't stop at three but. Think of all the people you know that are the middle child they are always a little fucked up

ChopSticks

Banned

congrads Dave !!!

......guess you can kiss that new bike goodbye

scblack

Leucocholic

Woohoo! Good luck with it all.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woohoo! Good luck with it all.
Thanks Gents, I'm actually pretty stoked about it but it was a little of a disruption, but a welcome one.

To be honest Chops I was more concerned with kissing the CL500 goodbye, but it does make a bike look like quite the bargain in comparison no?
I'm kidding myself though, the car was never on. Early onset midlife crisis.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Congrats..... Don't stop at three but. Think of all the people you know that are the middle child they are always a little fucked up
If you have another, wont you end up with two middle children and be making the contribution twice as bad?

Arrival of my first is imminent and already overdue by 4 days........

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have another, wont you end up with two middle children and be making the contribution twice as bad?

It's a fun time, the waiting for that call or a kick when you're asleep.

Good luck with it mate. It's actually pretty good once you get past the actual birth bit, that's like watching your favourite pub burning down.

Minlak

custom titis
Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Bit of advice/request for dads both new and old.....instil in your child the need to accept responsibility for his or her own actions and decisions, and the consequences that may follow. Avoid the temptation to go into bat for your child and makes excuses when he or she has done the wrong thing at school. It gives them the impression that when you do the wrong thing mummy or daddy will defend you and justify your actions, thereby absolving you of any accountability. It sucks and makes your child a petulant git with an absurd, unwarranted sense of entitlement. Thank you....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Bit of advice/request for dads both new and old.....instil in your child the need to accept responsibility for his or her own actions and decisions, and the consequences that may follow. Avoid the temptation to go into bat for your child and makes excuses when he or she has done the wrong thing at school. It gives them the impression that when you do the wrong thing mummy or daddy will defend you and justify your actions, thereby absolving you of any accountability. It sucks and makes your child a petulant git with an absurd, unwarranted sense of entitlement. Thank you....
I knew it was my parents' fault. Couldn't possibly be mine.

RCOH

Eats Squid

Fatman & Cave Dweller my old friends, congratulations to you both. Rad news all round.

Dave, remember what De La Soul say about the number 3. The operation is a breeze...I can't recommend it enough.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fatman & Cave Dweller my old friends, congratulations to you both. Rad news all round.

Dave, remember what De La Soul say about the number 3. The operation is a breeze...I can't recommend it enough.
Thanks Rod, Im not sure if its the magic number but its what we'll be having anyway. Now the debate is on as to which one of us will get 'fixed'. I might be sounding down on this but I'm pretty chuffed. Just got a well timed promotion at work too which is handy. Hope all yours are doing well, it's been way too long.

Minlak

custom titis
Thanks Rod, Im not sure if its the magic number but its what we'll be having anyway. Now the debate is on as to which one of us will get 'fixed'. I might be sounding down on this but I'm pretty chuffed. Just got a well timed promotion at work too which is handy. Hope all yours are doing well, it's been way too long.
It is a much less intrusive procedure for the man. Only hurts for a few days the bruising and swelling makes you look massive too :) just don't chew at the stitches or they put a cone on your head.

thejdl

Squid
It's actually pretty good once you get past the actual birth bit, that's like watching your favourite pub burning down.
Love that. For first timers I recommend staying down the end without all the action. Can still be supportive and involved but less squeamish.

scblack

Leucocholic
It is a much less intrusive procedure for the man. Only hurts for a few days the bruising and swelling makes you look massive too :) just don't chew at the stitches or they put a cone on your head.
Yep its really quite a simple procedure. I had mine done 5 years ago. I had no issue whatsoever. No swelling, pain was only there for a day or so and easily managed with some drug I forget. The only pain I experienced was very sharp pinching during the procedure. I had planned a few days off work, and that was cool just lounging around relaxing.

All easy Dave.:thumb:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I hear Canberra is a good place for forum reunions. We should do it down there so we can all ride Stromlo, Bruce ridge, Cowan, etc.

Great idea, right?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Break out the single malt. Andrew James Fatman, born this morning at 11:31am. 4.35kg and just beautiful.

Mum and bub doing fine, dad is ecstatic. Child number three and still excited.