The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

LoveB

Likes Dirt
If you go there and wait for them i could come with. was wanting to bike out there today. Hope you catch them. saw you guys working hard over the weekend

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys after a great work day at the maintenance day, and getting the track running sweet...got some bad news.

just visted the pumpy to inspect the new drainage, ...drainage worked really well but...

the place has now been vandalised by someone demolishing the first two rollers and using logs to make them into dirt jumps with gaps, and building kickers on the spines and rollers!!! They have dragged logs and pallets on to the track as well to build lips.

worst thing is that they have used the dirt from the rollers and berm near the start ramp by digging them up!!

I have just been told that 2 teenagers around 16yrs olds on BMX's were out there yesterday afternoon building this rubbish, and my guess is that they may be out there again this afternoon to finish it off. Hopefully we catch them.

woudl anyone on here know who they are?

Hopefully we can catch them but the track is now not ride-able until we can fix it
Hey mate weather permitting I'm going to head out there for a ride tomorrow so I'll keep a lookout! :)

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
these idiots have been back there this afternoon, and obviously not happy about us removing their work, so have decided to ruin more rollers using a matic and have sprayed grafitti on the track saying "F*ck you, have fun fixing this". There are BMX tire marks too.
There are no less than 30 people looking for these morons, and the local businesses are also on the lookout. if anyone knows anything please let us know immediately

I have my suspicions as to who it is...but cant be sure

Guys please stay off the track, the drainage worked well but we need some sun to dry it up. The pump track is unride-able thanks to these half wits

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
these idiots have been back there this afternoon, and obviously not happy about us removing their work, so have decided to ruin more rollers using a matic and have sprayed grafitti on the track saying "F*ck you, have fun fixing this". There are BMX tire marks too.
There are no less than 30 people looking for these morons, and the local businesses are also on the lookout. if anyone knows anything please let us know immediately

I have my suspicions as to who it is...but cant be sure

Guys please stay off the track, the drainage worked well but we need some sun to dry it up. The pump track is unride-able thanks to these half wits
That is absolutely f*#ked...I can't believe that they have taken it upon themselves to ruin the hard work that has been put into the track, I hope they are found, could they be charged with vandalism?

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
That is absolutely f*#ked...I can't believe that they have taken it upon themselves to ruin the hard work that has been put into the track, I hope they are found, could they be charged with vandalism?
They most certainly could - as the track is a Council facility its no different to somebody trashing a local community centre. I somehow think these idiots don't understand its an official public facility....... well, if they do they're even more stupid than we could give them credit for.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah we need to keep an eye out for these guys

Can anyone spare a couple of hrs itomorrow morn to get it ride-able again?

shoudlnt take much more than that with a good crew

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what I dont get is that council have built a dedicated legal DJ park down the road at Castle Cove...why wouldnt they just go jump there?

just so you know Castle Cove DJ's are up for review later this year, and council have already had complaints about certain incidents from local residents, so this little exercise hasnt helped us one bit

Anyway we have people and authorities on the lookout for them and they were seen by some people on Wed afternoon, so we have a description as well...

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All

there is a scheduled build day Sat 17th, to finish the inside line (berms)off and to build a return line for the Jump/ Flow track, depending how much help we get

If anyone is free to lend a hand for a couple of hrs it would be appreciated

we want to get this place finished for summer

Cheers

Mark

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to Sydney Water, this has to be postponed...hope fully the following week..will advise

B.utters

Likes Dirt
Is there a map or something to show where this track is? I moved to Sydney recently and I haven't found a lot of fun stuff to ride so far, mostly just around the streets.

steel-o

Likes Dirt
pump track plans

do the builders have any pump track plans to work too? as it always seems a bit unlinked kind of track?

I have lee like's bike pump track book if you want to have a look to give you ideas of how to create a flowy pump track. please don't take this the wrong way just try to get you a great pump track.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All

we will be there this Saturday 21st Jan 2012 working to finish off the track. we will fix the inside berms of the pumpy, and add rollers and jumps on the return to the jump track

we could use a hand if you guys are free

soil has already been moved into place

we will be there from 9am so need some manpower with tools handy, shovels, metal rakes, mattocks, and if anyone has a wheelbarrow please! we are gonna shape and build some fun stuff

oh and bring your bike...

pics of the soil in place ready to go are below

Last edited:

sledgy

Squid
Haven't been to Northbridge in a while but plan to in the next few days or so. How's she looking at the moment?

With Manly (behind freedom) now a bunch of mulch and chopped down trees, (thanks council you're awesome) and Wahroonga needing some work to it I'm hoping that N-Bridge is worth a trip.

The last time I went there was before the Jan build day and my session lasted about 20 minutes before packing it in.

It's quite possibly been asked a million times but at the risk of repeating people, are there any other pumpy's around that are worth a trip? I've been starting to shovel some dirt with a mate but we're a long way off with what we had in mind.

Anyways, any info would be sweet.

Cheers,

Ben

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Digging this one up from the dead...I rode the pump track the other week and it seems like it hasn't been maintained or used too much lately as it was fairly rutted out! Is there any planned maintenance to be carried out? (I'd be happy to help out once I get back from holidays!) It looks as thought it could use a little TLC!

CN001

Squid
The track gets used a lot but was ridden in the rain recently which has caused the ruts. There has been some discussion on the Facebook site (Northbridge Pump Track Riders) about organising a maintenance day for the end of Feb.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If we can get a turn up of min 10 people we will do this Sat last week of feb...

If keen message me your no or let us know on FB page

Thanks

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If we can get a turn up of min 10 people we will do this Sat last week of feb...

If keen message me your no or let us know on FB page

Thanks
Sorry I'm not much help atm as I'll be overseas then...but certainly if there was another day I was available to lend a hand i would!