The New Sh*t Thread

Belle

Eats Squid
^^bullshit, my vandero 2 has held up perfectly.

This may be the first pic found circulating around the web of the new Animal cranks...

Features include:

2 piece design
Not splined
Nothing to wear out or wobble
No tools needed to get the arm on and off the spindle
Designed so that if the crank arm/spindle interface breaks the crank arm will not seperate from the spindle

22mm version will be out first with a standard sprocket bolt boss on the crank arm.

Larger spindle versions with a proprietary crankarm/sprocket interface to follow shortly after.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"That's Hanson Little's new signature frame, which should be available in Spring 2010. It's a real back to basics frame, with 3/8" dropouts and much more race-inspired geometry. Hanson likes to go fast and jump stuff, but he wanted something that was a nod to where he came from as opposed to the more modern faster-feeling frames. So we went back to basics, and basically, it's a beefy race bike. Also, the artwork is part of the paint work. It's not a decal. Hanson worked closely with Aron Hoag, our graphic designer, and the name "The Animist" is interesting too. I had no idea what it was until Hanson brought it to my attention. It incorporates his take on life, which is pretty interesting. He really did have 120% input on this frame, and that's why it's taken so long to come out. Hanson wanted everything dialed." -Gaz Sanders

steve r

Likes Dirt
my mate had one and it didnt even spin when you turned the wheel, it was fukked.

even silicon spray didnt fix it.

It’s with heavy heart that I have to announce that Mark Mulville is leaving Deluxe to pastures new. Basically, a bigger bike company has swooped in and hooked him up with a pro deal, complete with a salary that to be honest we just can’t match. I would love to try and do something (anything) to try and match it, but realistically we just can’t afford it – Subrosa is obviously a much larger outfit than Deluxe and they have a much bigger cheque book, so fair play to them.

Having Mark on Deluxe has been a total dream come true, as he’s one of the raddest guys in BMX – not just in terms of riding a bike, but also off it. Having Mark on the Deluxe UK trip last Autumn was a sweet time (video out imminently), and it’s been a great couple of years with him on the team. Mark’s riding skills are without question – he’s an absolute badass and one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Mark said, “No matter what happens, I really appreciate everything you have done for me and the rest of the guys on the team, I really do love Deluxe and all like I said, but this would help me a lot in living and being able to ride more ’cause I could quit my job.” So to that I say, go for it mate!

Mark undoubtedly deserves a full pro deal with a full-time salary and all the trappings and bonuses that go with it and Subrosa are in a position to afford to do that – it’s a real shame we just can’t match it at this stage in Deluxe’s journey. One day we’ll get there… so I whole-heartedly wish Mark all the best — Mark, I hope you have a great time with Subrosa, enjoy the pro life: there’s always an open spot here at the Deluxe family any time should the Skeleton Brand not work out and you want to come back… Mark, you’re a BADASS! The best. No argument.
12345 - 678910 - 11 Tweee- eee - eeelve!