The New Sh*t Thread

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Dollar bill$$$$$
Hello 'bmx is rad' and welcome to our forum, I hope you enjoy it. Its a pitty you didnt get to meet a guy named James, he was quite nice except for his seat angle being a bit questionable. He is from Adelaide though, and we all know they do things differently over there.

steve r

Likes Dirt
if james was banned for that then thats fucking stupid what is this shittttttttttttttttt

and yes you can mentio mulville and aitken in the same breath as they both shred trails hard and with steezines

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and yes you can mentio mulville and aitken in the same breath as they both shred trails hard and with steezines
Not debating whether or not mullville is a shredder or has style. However, he is not on Aitken's level, and is most definately not better than him.

Everyone know's that, jeex.

brady yo

Likes Dirt
Ding ding , winner. He has had multiple warnings about this. The advertisements in this thread were his only contribution to RB. He may as well have been a spambot.
what the shit?! this is clearly the new shit thread, hence the reason he was posting new products from his company. i dont see any harm in that especially since there are adverts on rotorburn doing the exact same thing. such a bull shit reason.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what the shit?! this is clearly the new shit thread, hence the reason he was posting new products from his company.
I'm going to have to agree with Brady here. The New Sh*t Thread is a place were you post new products. I don't see the harm in him posting the new things he is releasing. How is it any different to me posting the new stuff he is comming out with?
And to go as far as to say it was his only contribution to RB and he may aswell be a spam bot is a bit far. James is a really good photographer and constantly posts his new photos and his monthly photo-books, aswell as many other things.

Last edited:

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
There is a difference between the general public posting new product in here and companies doing the same.
If SNAFU started posting their shit in here you would all be up in arms! ;)

The other method is to become a paid advertiser or press release which has to be approved by admins also- but is open to anyone.

The decision has been made and is not going to be reversed. I told him to talk to Scott about advertising options and he stuck his nose up at that and pointed me out personally as the corporate machine and all that is evil.

Funny thing is that I actually like his product, but rules are rules. I was forced to do a perm ban after several warnings.

Last edited:

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a difference between the general public posting new product in here and companies doing the same.

The other method is to become a paid advertiser or press release which has to be approved by admins also- but is open to anyone.

The decision has been made and is not going to be reversed. I told him to talk to Scott about advertising options and he stuck his nose up at that and pointed me out personally as the corporate machine and all that is evil.

Funny thing is that I actually like his product, but rules are rules. I was forced to do a perm ban after several warnings.
James is general public, essentially, he just has a T-shirt business to make some spare coin on the side.

Yeah, we would be up in arms about snafu, but dude, its bloody snafu! If cooper started to for fp, or if, for one reason or another, robbo started to post cult stuff up here I honestly don't think anyone would care.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't really compare James' company to SNAFU. James' company is just a little side project that he uses to make some extra money. He is a local guy, not some huge company that sells their stuff all over the world.
It's not like he is posting his stuff all over the forums...just in the BMX section were most of us support what he is doing and don't mind him posting his new stuff at all.

As you said the decision has been made and there is not much that can be done about it.
I still don't really see the harm in what he was doing though, but nevermind.

Last edited:

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
James here.
Yeah, you offered to let me advertise at $100 or so every month. I came back and asked if you could look at trimming this figure down so I could just advertise in the BMX section, particularly this thread. You said no that's not possible.s!
James, My only issue with you is that you knew the rules but continued to bust them. That's why you are banned. This is not my site. I am a mod, my job is to enforce the rules. Scott is the owner. You need to talk to him about advertising, I just pointed you his way.

At the end of the day- this isn't the comeup, there are rules and they will be enforced.