The O/T Giant Anthem thread

floz

Likes Dirt
Just been reviewed here
What do you reckon? It does look fast. An Anthem 1 would do me fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow. They look good.

I hadn't seen this RaceFace seatpost before; I think it's especially cool.

ASHGROVE CYCLES

Ashgrove Cycles
More reviews

The Giant Anthem 1 also gets a great write up in the latest (FEB) Mountain Bike Action magazine. Word is these bikes arrive in Aus in the next few weeks. Get your orders in TODAY!!!

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone is interested in specs then checkout phantom cycles.

Anthem LE
Anthem 1
Anthem 2

Now I just have to decide if I want an LE or the 1. LE is lighter, but it's got SHITmano - maybe I'll just change parts from the Yeti. HMMM - ponder, ponder.

Bodin

GMBC
Grover said:
Now I just have to decide if I want an LE or the 1. LE is lighter, but it's got SHITmano - maybe I'll just change parts from the Yeti. HMMM - ponder, ponder.
No competition for me - Anthem 1.

Fox vs Manitou
SRAM vs Sh!tmano
Blue vs White (what's the deal with everthing high end being white these days?)

M@DM!KE

Likes Dirt
Each to their own i guess Bodin. Yeah white is definately shit to keep clean. I don't think i could live with myself knowing that a full xtr bike with R7 platinums was just $500 or so more. Indeed a special breed will ride the LE. Besides white is the NEW red (the fastest colour!) Laughs. Evil Kenevil wore white! Just as pink is the new black.....apparently. I don't think we will see a bunch of blokes riding harleys and listening to death metal in their pink leather jackets any time soon though.

Bodin

GMBC
M@DM!KE said:
Just as pink is the new black.....apparently. I don't think we will see a bunch of blokes riding harleys and listening to death metal in their pink leather jackets any time soon though.
No way, man - anyone that watched the Australian Open tennis will know that LIME is the new black.

LOL - Guys riding choppers all dressed in pink leather... That's a crack up.

krisko

Likes Dirt
Now I will never be able to decide which Anthem to get, Im so confused on colours and what everyone else will think.....

I agree though pink is the new black and white is the new red!

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
personally i hate myself for liking this bike so much. starting to loose my footing on my 'anti giant' tower. the fact that this is a pure race bike just does it for me.

personally i've love a combo of the LE and 1. it would be the white frame with the SRAM and Fox fork. I've heard some awful things about the new R7's.... being made in the RST factory and all - lots a plastic inside.... but i do love my skarebs though....

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres definately no competition, the anthem 1 is much better spec + circa 550$ cheaper if you pay rrp (which no one does)
xtr's nice and ive used it for a couple of years but its got nothing on the new xo triggers and rear mech.
The way i see it you get nicer rear mech, shifters, brakes, forks (r7's look and feel cheap) nicer looking paint job, as whites just too bland (imo)
Only things id change would be -

Bar - FSA K force lite flat cut to 560mm
stem - FSA OS115
seat post - FSA K force lite sb25
cranks - FSA K force
Saddle - fizik aliante (as i cant stand slr's)
Barends - LP Braids Jr.

which would all be at minimal cost as race face gear sells well, especially new

M@DM!KE

Likes Dirt
Well we are obviously all splitting hairs over this one. LE or 1? Who really cares at the end of the day? You will buy the one you like for its parts, not for its colour! Regardless, I'm sure there will be a stack of happy anthem owners shredding up XC tracks around the country.

If you are that worried about colour.....buy a bloody can of red paint! It will make you ride faster that you normally would in your pink tutu and lime green spandex midrift top.