The pet thread, post em up!

safreek

What the hell?!!! Biggest feet on a dog I've ever seen!

Cut the toe nails with a hacksaw?

My fat Figtree is farting like a platoon of troopers who've eaten nothing but kimchi for a week. I really need to put her outside but it's bloody cold. Any good comfortable gas mask recommendations?
rarely have to cut his nails, he files them down on the concrete and floorboards

safreek

Coz they've sold us the line that they're always happy to see us. Fuckers.

The little white one in the couch photo is known as Angus McFartdog and he is lethal!
I like to tell people that Burt is a ventriloquist farter, that he can throw a fart to the opposite side of the room to where I am, peeps don't believe me too often

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I've heard that you can't let them off the lead though? That they will pick up a scent and just keep running?
Mine goes off lead everywhere - but he is stubborn af and gets excited and distracted easily so I need to keep an eye out or he'll follow someone home - they are very trusting and kidnappable. He (and the breed) does't have a shred of aggression in them and not really a biter so pretty safe around kids and stuff. He's pretty fit and probably old enough to be a trail dog now, but no idea where I can ride and bring a dog along because most MTB places don't allow dogs. Suggestions?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've heard that you can't let them off the lead though?
That is all dogs in public everywhere i that isn't designated as an off leash area. I love dogs and I love letting them off for a run, but only in the correct places. They can be an annoying (cute) nuisance, unpredictable risk to people, and (more my concern) themselves. Watching a dog get spooked and run under a car is unpleasant. Though the time it happened in front of me, the spooking part was being stuck in my dogs mouth. The owners were walking their unfortunate dog off the leash when it decided to run across the street and try to bite my dog, who bit their dog...they were running after it yelling out that "its friendly". Anyway I pulled the dogs apart and theirs decided to just run and bam...under front and rear tyres it went. I'm pretty sure the dog would have enjoyed the walk just as much if it had been on the leash.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The biggest problem in my part of the world is the lack of decent fences. There's a number of houses where the dog will come out after me, and I'm concerned there will be a car coming behind to flatten it.

safreek

That is all dogs in public everywhere i that isn't designated as an off leash area. I love dogs and I love letting them off for a run, but only in the correct places. They can be an annoying (cute) nuisance, unpredictable risk to people, and (more my concern) themselves. Watching a dog get spooked and run under a car is unpleasant. Though the time it happened in front of me, the spooking part was being stuck in my dogs mouth. The owners were walking their unfortunate dog off the leash when it decided to run across the street and try to bite my dog, who bit their dog...they were running after it yelling out that "its friendly". Anyway I pulled the dogs apart and theirs decided to just run and bam...under front and rear tyres it went. I'm pretty sure the dog would have enjoyed the walk just as much if it had been on the leash.
Have to agree, doesn't really matter if the dog is friendly, mine dog does not like other dogs and will react badly if another dog runs up.on him.
People say maybe my dog shouldn't be walked in public, well he's on a lead and is no problem like that. He is big enough to inhale most dogs.
I say to people if a yelling, screaming lunatic came running up the street at them they would probably react with aggression, same with some dogs, they go into defence mode.
Unfortunately if a dog comes at my dog they started it and the owners are fully responsible. If.my Burt got hurt I would probably act pretty aggressively towards the owner of the other dog

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
People need to train there dogs, simply put. If your dog cannot walk next to you off lead, and will ignore instruction then it needs to be on a lead at all times (obviously dog parks and whatnot are a different).

My dog heels. Lead or no lead it does not matter at all. Her shoulders are at my left knee untill I say the release word, then she knows she can play and chase the ball and sniff and whatnot. Fantastic dog, loves a sniff and her ball, but she knows to do what I say. The only reason I have her on a lead when we go up for a coffee is to put other people at ease (She’s a shepherd, albeit a smaller one but still. Largish dog with big teefs).
Every shepherd I’ve owned has been the same. Love my GSD’s :D
we rescued one, a 2yr old boy named max, arsehole neighbours chained him up to a tree and left him. At 6 I would squeeze through the fence and give him water and food, until my old man had words with the owner, and max came home with us. I remember the next 6 months were pretty painful rehabilitating max, but dad got there and he now lives with my aunty. Awesome dog! Perfectly trained, loyal doggo.

owners who can’t train their pet should have em taken away. If your dog gets off lead and gets hit by a car, sorry buddy, that’s on you. Feel bad, you killed your dog.

Fuck I hate shit owners. So many workin dogs floating around up here that run the house, nip people and start fights with other dogs. Dickhead owners always “he doesnt do this normally” etc. fuck off, get rid of the blue heeler and buy some fish.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
People need to train there dogs, simply put. If your dog cannot walk next to you off lead, and will ignore instruction then it needs to be on a lead at all times (obviously dog parks and whatnot are a different).

My dog heels. Lead or no lead it does not matter at all. Her shoulders are at my left knee untill I say the release word, then she knows she can play and chase the ball and sniff and whatnot. Fantastic dog, loves a sniff and her ball, but she knows to do what I say. The only reason I have her on a lead when we go up for a coffee is to put other people at ease (She’s a shepherd, albeit a smaller one but still. Largish dog with big teefs).
Same. I off lead where I can but ultimately there is no way a dog enjoys being on the lead as much as bolting around at an off lead park. Of course you have to train your dog sufficiently. Not all days are perfect I'll admit. Some days he is way too excited to be off lead and so it goes on (usually my fault because I've missed a walk somewhere). What dog walkers should also do is make sure you are alert to the dog's senses. Walking a dog is not simply jumping on facebook while your doggo is tied to a string - unfortunately this is the norm for most. I keep an eye out for what he is looking around at and usually he notices other dogs well before I do and then I clip the lead on just in case. No matter how well trained, if it's a female on heat then your are stuffed lol - he's gone. Usually though, it's a familiar dog and I give him the command to bolt off. All of this is in walking park area/quiet suburban and no way I'd do it near a main road.

Shredden

Knows his goats
That is all dogs in public everywhere i that isn't designated as an off leash area.
Understand that, I just mean there's plenty of off-leash areas that aren't fenced at all and are close to roads etc (say within 200m). For example I often walk the GFs Kelpie X in the Edinburgh Gardens in Fitzroy - designated off-leash, but if a dog properly ran off he would be running across Brunswick street in 2 minutes. Same with walking my parents dog on the beach. Both dogs come back when called every time. Wouldn't be able to let a dog that doesn't off leash there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I find it confusing that off leash areas in parks etc aren't fenced (as a large area though). The council here love putting up fences, walls, signs, and all that...but the off leash park closest to me is within a short sprint of a 4 lane busy arse road and a big muddy drain mangrove swamp creek thing, which my dogs got into once and caused me to miss a wedding. No loss there, weddings are boring anyway!