The Photo Snob Thread

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Well, after purchasing Sam's 35L I guess I have to chuck up a photo.

Some CC would be awesome :)
Could definitely benefit from some adjustments. White balance is quite a bit off, do curves in photoshop and pick the wall as neutral. Bump up the contrast, soften the skin and clone out blemishes and lines, darken her eyes, and brighten her cheeks.

Last edited:

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Could definitely benefit from some adjustments. White balance is quite a bit off, do curves in photoshop and pick the wall as neutral. Bump up the contrast, soften the skin and clone out blemishes and lines, darken her eyes, and brighten her cheeks.
After leaving it for a bit and coming back I really didn't like it, so I reshot it. Taking on board everything you said above, I applied below.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
After leaving it for a bit and coming back I really didn't like it, so I reshot it. Taking on board everything you said above, I applied below.
Much better. Framing is still mediocre (too tight for my liking and her eye is very centered in the frame) but the rest of the shot works.

She looks like a female version of you, funnily enough...

wombat

Lives in a hole
I am spastic when it comes to computers and I thought someone mite be able to help me out. Can you brighten up this photo and flip it (its a scanned negative) that would be fucking awsome if ya could. Beyond this PS stuff.

Cheers...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Self_Tapper/000027.jpg?t=1310563961
2 minute job, (just left the noise as is) sadly the jpg you linked to won't support huge depth. I'm not very up on neg scanning, but I imagine that you could actually get more detail back in the scanning process.
Anyway, here ya go:

neg_flip.jpg

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
Your sensor needs cleaning. There is this dirty great big smudge across the centre of all your images. :rolleyes:
First shot is a cracker.
The first 3 i fucked the focus a tiny bit, i was to busy working on the flash as it was the first time i had used it outside the studio... so i think that is what you may be refering to, since my last shoot the images where pin sharp...

Ill go get it cleaned anyway just to make sure..

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The first 3 i fucked the focus a tiny bit, i was to busy working on the flash as it was the first time i had used it outside the studio... so i think that is what you may be refering to, since my last shoot the images where pin sharp...

Ill go get it cleaned anyway just to make sure..
I think he's being sarcastic about the awful watermark...

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
they are very soft.... it looks like 50mm 1.8 close to infinity and missed the focus point... i wouldnt go below 2.8 with moving shots because hardly any AF is going to keep up with that much movement, let alone coming towards the camera!

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
they are very soft.... it looks like 50mm 1.8 close to infinity and missed the focus point... i wouldnt go below 2.8 with moving shots because hardly any AF is going to keep up with that much movement, let alone coming towards the camera!
They where shot at 60mm 5.6 or manual focus i just was a little out and only had about 6 proper shots before it started hailing so i called it quits