The Photo Snob Thread

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
was bored the other night so i decided to reprocess a coupkle of shots i took in vietnam late last year. these are my favourite 2. let me know what you think.
5946006021_9f8afb2f7d_z.jpg

alexx23

Likes Dirt
was bored the other night so i decided to reprocess a coupkle of shots i took in vietnam late last year. these are my favourite 2. let me know what you think.
View attachment 206118

Processing is over the top on both of them, guessing it was done in light room? Try backing off the clarity and bringing up the exposure a bit. The style of processing is good for these photos, but just back it off a little. Beautiful shots by the way, man i want to travel.

Few from me, just back yard boredom shots, avoiding study...

The camera loves you baby!

and then, this..

I dont think i ever posted this up, i think it is one of the best photos i have even taken.

Tassie mornings:

Sorry for all the photos. Crit is welcome as always :)

All with 1000d, 50mm f/1.8 . Natural light.

Last edited:

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Something a bit abstract from today… The result of combining pine needles, rain, humidity and a foggy lens and level adjustments in PP. Thought it looked like it was shot underwater in a murky river or something.
I actually really liked it! Was gonna ask for a fullsized one as a desktop background. Abstract but beautiful colours.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For me alec?!

I took some photos today, I think I can safely say I have lighting fairly dialed for riding photos

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
You know, I actually don't mind that. It makes my imagination run wild - while I don't see pine needles I can imagine it being a whole host of things.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
My mate got a new car, an 2009 R32, its awesome.

Very happy with how they all turned out. Natural light wins, or maybe i need to learn to use flashes. 1000d, 50mm f/1.8.

Soo many photos, sorry, im just stoked with these .

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For me alec?!
All for mmeee :D

My mate got a new car, an 2009 R32, its awesome.

Very happy with how they all turned out. Natural light wins, or maybe i need to learn to use flashes. 1000d, 50mm f/1.8.

Soo many photos, sorry, im just stoked with these .
Pretty cool few photos, but I reckon number 4 is awful. Especially when so similar and compared to number 3...

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
\/ery nice, though they do look a little soft?

Also agree that the 4th should probably be left out.

Any adice on carnial photog.?

alexx23

Likes Dirt
A few of them are soft I know , but It doesn't bother for some reason. I agree the 4th isn't as good as the 3rd , I know it's very soft , but I still think it works. Not sure if anyone will agree, but I like it .
Thanks guys .

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as it came off the camera

tommy by rohan batt, on Flickr

after my best attempt at editing (adjust white balance, lighting levels, crop)

tommy by rohan batt, on Flickr

thoughts? i feel i got the lighting and composition pretty spot on.
before anyone says anything, yes i know its not the most stylish/amazing riding

edit: oh and alex, i love your photos! and the results you get with your 50mm. but that fourth one i thought "uurrm... he uploaded the same one twice" till i checked again.

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I like the post processing of the 2nd version, but I don't like the crop. If you do crop it, I wouldn't go much more than chopping out the stray branch in the top left corner, otherwise it seems like it's a ceiling pressing down on top of him.
I really like the colour and lighting, the only downside for me is the crop and the shadow of the rear wheel is cast onto the tree which might/might not be an issue, just a little distracting.

You know, I actually don't mind that. It makes my imagination run wild - while I don't see pine needles I can imagine it being a whole host of things.
Thanks! It would benefit from the tips from Ango, but good to hear it gets your imagination running.

Last edited:

Sam91

Likes Bikes
as it came off the camera

edit: oh and alex, i love your photos! and the results you get with your 50mm. but that fourth one i thought "uurrm... he uploaded the same one twice" till i checked again.
Rohan, great lighting and pretty good processing! Great view point as well as it gives more 'info' into the scene your riding in, crop wise I think he's a tad too far to the left for my liking, but only a tad, otherwise nice job, it has been good seeing your improve :D

Alex im not a fan of the portraits sorry, there isnt any insight into who the subject is personality wise and for me they are a bit too cold for my liking but again thats just me haha
and with the R32 maybe a little less flare/ over exposure :) if your not the most confident with speedlights maybe bring back the exposure and use some reflectors for fill?

just my thoughts :)

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Rohan, great lighting and pretty good processing! Great view point as well as it gives more 'info' into the scene your riding in, crop wise I think he's a tad too far to the left for my liking, but only a tad, otherwise nice job, it has been good seeing your improve :D

Alex im not a fan of the portraits sorry, there isnt any insight into who the subject is personality wise and for me they are a bit too cold for my liking but again thats just me haha
and with the R32 maybe a little less flare/ over exposure :) if your not the most confident with speedlights maybe bring back the exposure and use some reflectors for fill?

just my thoughts :)
Thats actually what i was going for, they are for school, so im pleased you said that, cold precessing is also something i wanted.

The overexposed flair look i was also trying for, hence shooting into a sunset. But yeah it is a little over the top, cheers :) .

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Thats actually what i was going for, they are for school, so im pleased you said that, cold precessing is also something i wanted.

The overexposed flair look i was also trying for, hence shooting into a sunset. But yeah it is a little over the top, cheers :) .
Not a problem mate, thats why we are on here haha I find I also learn alot more by critiquing others as well which I havent been doing much lately :)