The Photo Snob Thread

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a place in Collingwood that fixes camera sh!t. Not sure on lenses but.....now, I have no idea of the name but if you go into any decent camera store, they'll tell you what it's called.
Alright sweet, just trying to get it fixed as cheaply as possible before i leave for south america.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone!

Hope you have all been well, I sadly fully forgot about this website for a bit. Wont do it again!

Here is a bit of what I have been up too, I finished year 12 in november and since then I have shot my first two weddings, and have booked 10 more for the next 18 months! Been shooting a bit of personal stuff too, not enough admittedly but I am looking foaward to things quiteing down for a month or two, (tassie is cold as fuck, brides cry in the cold)

Here is my most recent wedding, I am still working for the photographer I have always been, but it is basically like working for myself with his support. That being said, I will go out on my own when the time is right, thats the plan anyway.

http://chrisyoungphotography.com.au/blog/?p=2992

Im not thrilled with the wedding, but pretty happy as it was only my 2nd.

Also here is a bit of recent fun stuff.

Prefer the colour version of this, but it wont attach.
tumblr_mjuqhuawLi1r1hrwbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjopkvz2eE1r1hrwbo1_1280.jpg

more here on my lame tumblr :

http://alexandergiles.tumblr.com/

Not that is missing alot of recent stuff though.

Alex.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Prefer the colour version of this, but it wont attach.
View attachment 259028
Probably the nicest shot i've seen from you. Good location, very attractive model who can actually pose and doesn't look like some tryhard 16 year old (although the outfit doesn't quite fit the location...), correct exposure, decent black and white conversion, and I have to re-mention, very attractive model.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Anyone interested in ordering film etc from Freestyle photo in the US to save on postage costs?

I'd order it, then re-distribute from Brisbane via Aus Post or pickup.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Selling my Bronica etrsi, with ae-II viewfinder, 2 film backs, 50mm 2.8, 75mm 2.8, speed grip, polaroid back and a pack of rare polaroid black and white film 125iso if anyones interested open to offers nothing silly thou

heavyp

You heard it here first
Anyone interested in ordering film etc from Freestyle photo in the US to save on postage costs?

I'd order it, then re-distribute from Brisbane via Aus Post or pickup.
How come you buy your film from there ? bhphoto is cheaper Ilford Hp5 what I use mostly is $4.75 from bh and $5.59 from freestyle.

Velvia 50 $8.59 from bh and $13.99 from freestyle.

Its easier, cheaper and safer to get most things from bh photo, I ordered about 950 buks worth of grip gear last monday and it arrived by friday and was so much cheaper than getting it in oz or a dodgy website that gets here stuff from china or india

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
How come you buy your film from there ? bhphoto is cheaper Ilford Hp5 what I use mostly is $4.75 from bh and $5.59 from freestyle.
Gonna do a big order of Arista premium (which is apparently Tri-x) and it's about $2.59 a roll at Freestyle I think.

Was shooting Neopan but hard to pass up Tri-x at that price, so I think I'll change. At least then I can maintain a single film between 35mm and MF with reasonable pushability/flexibility.

Have a roll of Neopan getting washed right now actually. Nothing exciting on the negs unfortunately (test roll).

First time I've tried it in microphen so we'll see how that goes.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Great documentary, Well worth a watch!

It got me thinking about the whole Tim Page / Sean Flynn Vietnam story and why there's never been a great doco telling their story. Admittedly there are some cracking books about it - see Page's memoirs and 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr - and an OK TV movie called Frankies House but no cracking theatrical doco a la Senna, Restrepo or The Fog Of War. Kickstarter are hosting a project on it but it seems to be a year old with no recent updates. Here's hoping it all comes to fruition...

heavyp

You heard it here first
Gonna do a big order of Arista premium (which is apparently Tri-x) and it's about $2.59 a roll at Freestyle I think.

Was shooting Neopan but hard to pass up Tri-x at that price, so I think I'll change. At least then I can maintain a single film between 35mm and MF with reasonable pushability/flexibility.

Have a roll of Neopan getting washed right now actually. Nothing exciting on the negs unfortunately (test roll).

First time I've tried it in microphen so we'll see how that goes.
Ive narrowed my films down to Ilford hp5+ and fp4+which depending on lighting ill rate differently , Id like to shoot delta 100 and 400 but there more a fine art film and there not much latitude.

I tried tri-x a few times but was never a fan, I know its personal opinion but yeah hp5+ is better and seems to be the prefered film used by other photogs all around the world.

Im yet to try a powder developer I've only used agfa rodinal a friend had an old stock pile of it he gave to me, he had it for over 10 years and ive had the bottle open for over a year and it still gives perfect results every time. (can't belive they stopped making it and what ive read about adinol and r09 even thou its the same recipe there not the same)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com

Great documentary, Well worth a watch!

It got me thinking about the whole Tim Page / Sean Flynn Vietnam story and why there's never been a great doco telling their story. Admittedly there are some cracking books about it - see Page's memoirs and 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr - and an OK TV movie called Frankies House but no cracking theatrical doco a la Senna, Restrepo or The Fog Of War. Kickstarter are hosting a project on it but it seems to be a year old with no recent updates. Here's hoping it all comes to fruition...
PoSM, where did you see it? On DVD?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Some prices are good others are no so much.
I got my D600 from JB for 1975 with 2yr warranty on cameradeals it's 1925 but only 1yr warranty. Still good savings on lenses and other kit though.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2